Frozen complainers are finally making headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Magic Kingdom still could use another E-ticket. Make it high capacity, add in other dark rides to an additional Fantasyland expansion and make the heartbeat of WDW even better. I'm not denying for a minute that Epcot needs help. Soarin' Over the World will help, but Imagination should be where the focus is. If you want to spread out the crowds, re-do Maelstrom into something culturally relevant and potentially add a ride (or additional pavilion) elsewhere in World Showcase.
Some guy on here had a great idea...move Small World to World Showcase at EPCOT and use that space in Fantasyland for a Frozen ride. Can't remember who's idea that was, but it's a pretty good one:cool:

EPCOT needs work, but I'd start with the other half of the park (Imagination, Energy and Wonders of Life) and then branch out to World Showcase.

PhotoDave219

Anyone that thinks the Frozen ride won't be popular is delusional. It could be a steaming pile of **** and it will still generate ridiculous waits in it's first year. That doesn't make it the right decision.

Oh it's a horrible decision. But it's not the end of the world, Epcot, not a cure for what ills everything.

It will increase attendancE, revenue, and hopefully spread the crowd out.

The frozen castle lighting is sucking off the attendance from Osborne lights. Very low attendance last night while MK was slammed

RSoxNo1

Oh it's a horrible decision. But it's not the end of the world, Epcot, not a cure for what ills everything.

It will increase attendancE, revenue, and hopefully spread the crowd out.

The frozen castle lighting is sucking off the attendance from Osborne lights. Very low attendance last night while MK was slammed
And that's why they're not putting a Frozen attraction in the MK right now, they've neglected the other parks for so long that they feel they have no other choice but to put Frozen in Epcot. It's short sighted and will require a fix immediately upon opening.

Mike S

And that's why they're not putting a Frozen attraction in the MK right now, they've neglected the other parks for so long that they feel they have no other choice but to put Frozen in Epcot. It's short sighted and will require a fix immediately upon opening.
It sucks because it really wasn't the only choice other than MK. DHS would've been a good fit too. Star Wars, Pixar, and Frozen. Attendance would've exploded almost overnight.

PhotoDave219

Entirely. The crowd follows frozen these days and it's bad.

lazyboy97o

It sucks because it really wasn't the only choice other than MK. DHS would've been a good fit too. Star Wars, Pixar, and Frozen. Attendance would've exploded almost overnight.
But which ride would have been replaced to get it open sooner? Arendelle Tours: The Adventures Continue has a good ring to it I guess.

Mike S

Well attendance did explode overnight once the sing along started. Yikes
You got me there. Anything Frozen seems to bring the people in. Even Frostrom will no matter how it turns out. It'll just reinforce the idea of doing the bare minimum unless it's an extreme case like the need for the DCA and DHS makeovers.
But which ride would have been replaced to get it open sooner? Arendelle Tours: The Adventures Continue has a good ring to it I guess.
Lol. I would hope it would open sooner simply by speeding up construction so it doesn't take 5 years but we all know what an alien concept that is to Disney ;)

lazyboy97o

Lol. I would hope it would open sooner simply by speeding up construction so it doesn't take 5 years but we all know what an alien concept that is to Disney ;)
A five year timeline really is not too crazy and has been the sort of norm for a good while now, especially with larger attractions. It is about two years of design and three years of construction. That's why I keep pointing to when Maelstrom closed as a red flag.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A five year timeline really is not too crazy and has been the sort of norm for a good while now, especially with larger attractions. It is about two years of design and three years of construction. That's why I keep pointing to when Maelstrom closed as a red flag.
That's actually why I'm very concerned. I don't like it going where it's going, but if they make a good ride, I can learn to get over it (as long as it doesn't take over the entire pavilion)...

But, the speed they are shoving this in, I'm expecting something akin to Little Mermaid, but worse.

lazyboy97o

That's actually why I'm very concerned. I don't like it going where it's going, but if they make a good ride, I can learn to get over it (as long as it doesn't take over the entire pavilion)...

But, the speed they are shoving this in, I'm expecting something akin to Little Mermaid, but worse.
There was almost two years between the announcement of The Little Mermaid and the demolition of the Golden Dreams theater.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
There was almost two years between the announcement of The Little Mermaid and the demolition of the Golden Dreams theater.
I know. It took them that long to make a ride as mediocre as Little Mermaid...and outside of queue, they didn't do much (if anything that I noticed) to make it better at NFL...

Which, concerns me they are gonna shove this thing in with a few animetronics, lame plot and lots of cardboard (well, foamcore) "spinners"...just to have something.

I'm not fond of Frozen, but it makes for amazing visuals, and if they really went all out they could make a fantastic ride, but with the way they have been developing concepts the past 15+ years, the track record just isn't there (imho).

Like I said, makes me nervous.

draybook

giphy%204_zpsle5dbxto.gif

PhotoDave219

I know. It took them that long to make a ride as mediocre as Little Mermaid...and outside of queue, they didn't do much (if anything that I noticed) to make it better at NFL...

Which, concerns me they are gonna shove this thing in with a few animetronics, lame plot and lots of cardboard (well, foamcore) "spinners"...just to have something.

I'm not fond of Frozen, but it makes for amazing visuals, and if they really went all out they could make a fantastic ride, but with the way they have been developing concepts the past 15+ years, the track record just isn't there (imho).

Like I said, makes me nervous.

I wouldn't be nervous.

It does make me wonder what is going on in the front offices of parks and resorts. Because given the ridiculous response we've had for frozen of late? Everything it touches it is turning to gold. Which makes you wonder if you could pull off that boutique park concept with it…

Because it just name was going to ever conceivably try that? A limited attendance, boutique park with ridiculous pricing? I think long and hard about it. And I just might try it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I wouldn't be nervous.

It does make me wonder what is going on in the front offices of parks and resorts. Because given the ridiculous response we've had for frozen of late? Everything it touches it is turning to gold. Which makes you wonder if you could pull off that boutique park concept with it…

Because it just name was going to ever conceivably try that? A limited attendance, boutique park with ridiculous pricing? I think long and hard about it. And I just might try it.
I dunno. I suspect a cheap cash grab.

The real question, popularity or not, is where it will be in 5 years or longer.

It's easy to say it's fantastic now (just like it's easy to say that people like Avatar, because it made a lot of money)...but hold very little to no cultural relevance in a decade.

Were it a better movie? Perhaps. But it's not, and relies on potty humor, amazing visuals, and shallow characters to tell a silly poorly thought out story.

PhotoDave219

I dunno. I suspect a cheap cash grab.

The real question, popularity or not, is where it will be in 5 years or longer.

It's easy to say it's fantastic now (just like it's easy to say that people like Avatar, because it made a lot of money)...but hold very little to no cultural relevance in a decade.

Were it a better movie? Perhaps. But it's not, and relies on potty humor, amazing visuals, and shallow characters to tell a silly poorly thought out story.

That has been the prevalent question in every conversation I've had about frozen.

Will this property still be a license to Spin gold a year from now, two years from now, five years from now? I think so…

This train is not showing any signs of slowing down. The cash cow has only begun to be milked.

Everything frozen touches… It's making money and drawing crowds. Even that silly frozen dessert party at the Osborne lights… That thing has a crap ton of people. That's making ridiculous revenue. Plus all the other cash grabs. Plus the sing-along. Plus the castle lighting.

And the largest investment the really putting into this? Epcot. Everything else is very simple, very easy to do and doesn't cost that much money.

The only problem with this is that the financial geniuses.... and I use that term loosely… That run this company will automatically expect this response for whatever property comes out down the wine. What they neglected to realize is that this is one of those cold troll moments that only happens once in a generation. Maybe once every 20 years.cit's on the same level of a paradigm shift as nirvana's nevermind in 1991 that completely upset the music industry. And that shift only lasted until 94/95.

Will frozen last? I think it will. Will it maintain this level of popularity? No… Nothing ever does.

Something about this fim just resonates with the 10 to 12-year-old girl set. And it's not showing any signs of slowing down…

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That has been the prevalent question in every conversation I've had about frozen.

Will this property still be a license to Spin gold a year from now, two years from now, five years from now? I think so…

This train is not showing any signs of slowing down. The cash cow has only begun to be milked.

Everything frozen touches… It's making money and drawing crowds. Even that silly frozen dessert party at the Osborne lights… That thing has a **** ton of people. That's making ridiculous revenue. Plus all the other cash grabs. Plus the sing-along. Plus the castle lighting.

And the largest investment the really putting into this? Epcot. Everything else is very simple, very easy to do and doesn't cost that much money.

The only problem with this is that the financial geniuses.... and I use that term loosely… That run this company will automatically expect this response for whatever property comes out down the wine. What they neglected to realize is that this is one of those cold troll moments that only happens once in a generation. Maybe once every 20 years.cit's on the same level of a paradigm shift as nirvana's nevermind in 1991 that completely upset the music industry. And that shift only lasted until 94/95.

Will frozen last? I think it will. Will it maintain this level of popularity? No… Nothing ever does.

Something about this fim just resonates with the 10 to 12-year-old girl set. And it's not showing any signs of slowing down…
I disagree. I think the ear worms that are the songs mixed with the Saturday Morning Cartoon storyline and humor, blended with the amazing (and they are amazing) visuals made this a "hey, you need to go see this" conversation around the water cooler.

Does the merch do well? Sure.

The real question is what will that movie mean to people who grow up and have kids. I can still watch and enjoy LM, BaaB and Aladdin. But, Frozen, I've only seen a few times...and it's just so trope and tired.

But, you're right. It's a useless argument at this point, because only time will tell. If this becomes the new "standard" for Disney Princess movies, I'm going to be severely disappointed.

PhotoDave219

I disagree. I think the ear worms that are the songs mixed with the Saturday Morning Cartoon storyline and humor, blended with the amazing (and they are amazing) visuals made this a "hey, you need to go see this" conversation around the water cooler.

Does the merch do well? Sure.

The real question is what will that movie mean to people who grow up and have kids. I can still watch and enjoy LM, BaaB and Aladdin. But, Frozen, I've only seen a few times...and it's just so trope and tired.

But, you're right. It's a useless argument at this point, because only time will tell. If this becomes the new "standard" for Disney Princess movies, I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Oh I think it's only ridiculously popular because of that one damn song.

However I am not the target demographic.

I did not expect popularity to continue this way… But seeing as it's only been a year since the movie came out and you've got probably at least another six months of guests who have not made a pilgrimage here to see the frozen twins, then we should reassess come summertime.

In theory, one should expected to start the tail off… But in reality? I think we have another 6 to 9 months of this. At least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom