Flip Flops

jesserin

Just an update - we just got back from a 10 day trip - I wore my rainbows every single day for most of the day and never developed a single blister. There again, if you're used to them... it's not a big deal...

(if y'all ever want to get a pair of the most comfortable shoes in the world check out this site... http://rainbowsandals.com/PremierLeathers.asp )

figment1985

Just an update - we just got back from a 10 day trip - I wore my rainbows every single day for most of the day and never developed a single blister. There again, if you're used to them... it's not a big deal...

(if y'all ever want to get a pair of the most comfortable shoes in the world check out this site... http://rainbowsandals.com/PremierLeathers.asp )

That's good to hear! I got some rainbows at the end of July and I am hoping they'll be worn in enough for middle of september!

HAS anyone worn Crocs around Disney? My co worker just got some and she said she was developing a blister! I thought they were supposed to be perfect for walking or being on your feet all day!

Lanipie

I always wear flip-flops at WDW. I bring a pair of sneakers but never end up wearing them. it's not like a coaster park where you have to take them off all the time for fear of losing them. It's just another part of myself that I can keep cool. I've never had any blisters or hurting feet yet. I also haven't had anyone step on my toes any more than usual.

Hope that helps.

OH, also Crocs are ridiculously comfortable. Lots of doctors and nurses are wearing them now because they are so comfortable. If people really like them, then they could be the perfect WDW shoes.

KICKYPANTS

My 5 yr old wears her crocs all day long...walking , playing etc. SHe prefers them. My husband and I wear our Crocs all day long as well. The only way to get a blister in them is if they don't fit properly. WE love them and highly recommend them. We've never had sore or tired feet yet.

Madhatter06

I've never seen so many crocs as I did in disney! lol Actually they now sell "disney crocs" with mickey mouse cut outs instead of the typical round holes. They were very cute and if they had my size I would have bought them in a second! (They range from kids to adult, but all the parks were sold out of the adult small)

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
I've never seen so many crocs as I did in disney! lol Actually they now sell "disney crocs" with mickey mouse cut outs instead of the typical round holes. They were very cute and if they had my size I would have bought them in a second! (They range from kids to adult, but all the parks were sold out of the adult small)

Mods., I know we are bumping and old thread that I started, so feel free to move us:) Just wanted to ask Madhatter06 where the Disney crocs were for sale and at what price? I recently saw some in Hot Springs, AR, but put off buying them until our annual WDW trip. Did I make a mistake in not paying $40 for them?:eek:

Update on students: Last year most non-tennis shoe wearers wore crocs and did fine. Thanks for all the great tips.

73 days until we are Orlando bound with 20 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy:

Madhatter06

sorry

Sorry didn't even realize it was an old thread..I was just looking around and found it...my bad...:(

Anyway, we saw them in Boutiki the store at Poly, we also saw them in Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom in the bigger shops. I don't remember the price..sorry..though they very well may have been $40 between the fact that they were authentic crocs and they were in a mickey design.

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on to my students as well. We have 18 girls and 2 boys going, so........there will be lots of shoppin' goin' on:lol:

72 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 20 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy:

Madhatter06

Lol..oh yeah..that's one of the best part of disney is the shopping!

Have fun! My first trip was with about 300 other high schoolers in the music department..

Senderella

I wear flipflops daily or go barefoot. Living in Texas there's only a small amount of time when it's too cold for them. Then I'm wearing wool clogs. That being said, I don't wear flipflops or anything similar in the parks. When we're at WDW, that's about the only time I wear sneakers...unless I hit the treadmill or I'm doing other long long walking. Birks hurt my feet at the mall, so that's not even a consideration. I saw a LOT of people wearing Crocs at the park the last time we were there. I've never tried them so I can't comment. Dh will wear his Tevas most days at the parks and finds no problem with it. He's got a bum ankle so I worry about the lack of support, but he's done fine so far. I do take Tevas with me and I wear them at Downtown Disney when we go in the evening. I like to air out my feet/sneakers. DTD, for me, isn't a TON of walking so it's not an issue. When we went during that bad cold snap last Feb, I was wearing my wool clogs Downtown. I feel flipflops don't provide enough support for extensive walking. Even Tevas and my clogs have a little bit of support in them. Whoever the other poster who quoted Lt. Dan is exactly right. You've gotta take care of your feet.

DISNEY-PRINCESS

I have 1 girls 20 and 13 and they insist on always wearing flip flops, they never bring gym shoes or anything else that I would consider to be comfortable. They never complain about there feet and they always leave there flops on all the rides they go, except soarin.. have fun!

We went to DW at the end of July in 06. Before the trip, I managed to find me a couple pair of reasonably priced flip flops, which I bought. I made a huge mistake and took only flip flops. After the first day, my feet hurt so bad, I could hardly walk. My feet have never hurt so bad. When I woke up the next morning, my very first words to my wife were," what started out as the happiest celebration on earth has turned into the crappiest morning ever." Ha ha. It got to a point that it was more comfortable for me to just go barefoot, and I never go barefoot. I remember laying on concrete by the castle watching the Wishes, thinking how stupid I was for not taking reg. shoes.

We are going back in Nov. this year, and you can bet I will be taking reg. tennis shoes. :)

jfries10

flops

If it weren't for my job, I would wear flip flops all day every day. I lived in them in college, no matter what the weather was like! With that being said, I am still getting a pair of walking shoes this week in preparation for my WDW trip in April

DanStat

I would recommend Rainbow flip flops or Abercrombie & Fitch leather treads. They are both very comfortable and offer plenty of support.

RonAnnArbor

Interesting how long this thread has lasted! I replied back in April, and I just took another trip in December and wore nothing by by flip flops for 5 days and had no problem at all.

I think the flip flop thing is NOT related to WDW but what you usually wear at home. I wear flip flops at home every single day. From May to October I wear them everywhere around town. I have never had a problem.

If you are not a regular flip flop wearer, suddenly deciding to wear them at WDW is not the way to go. If you are a regular wearer, you will have no problem.

jesserin

Interesting how long this thread has lasted! I replied back in April, and I just took another trip in December and wore nothing by by flip flops for 5 days and had no problem at all.

I think the flip flop thing is NOT related to WDW but what you usually wear at home. I wear flip flops at home every single day. From May to October I wear them everywhere around town. I have never had a problem.

If you are not a regular flip flop wearer, suddenly deciding to wear them at WDW is not the way to go. If you are a regular wearer, you will have no problem.

Well said. :sohappy: I agree 100%. :)

Senderella

ehh I'm not so sure about that. I think it's more the shape/build of your feet. As I said above I regularly wear flipflops at home at *least* 10 months out of the year. I can't wear flipflops at WDW because I need more support in my arches than what flipflops can provide. I think that's the key here. It depends on your arches and how much support you need. I'd LOVE to be able to get away with wearing flipflops at WDW. It'd save me having to buy new socks before trips (the sock demon lives here and steals ALL of them) and checking out my sneakers a few months before my trip to see if they'll be able to hold up on another WDW trip/possibly buying a new pair. I wish I could get away with it, but I cant. Like I said... your arches and how much support your feet require are the deciding factors here.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
I got a pair of the black Mickey Crocs and love them. The blacks aren't as eye catching as some of the colors I have seen. I have really wide feet so I went with an XL just so they weren't too tight, I wore them for a day at Epcot and had horrible blisters. I cleaned them up real nice and put the tags back on and took them back to where I got them and they told me it was no problem if I took a L. I've been wearing the Ls which fit perfectly (can't wear socks though) and they are so comfortable. The first couple of days they were kind of tight and causing some irritation but after breaking them in and stretching them out they are so comfortable. I noticed that when you are sitting down your feet feel so light that you don't even realize shoes are on your feet. They are also great for the water rides. I hate getting water in my shoes and having them soggy all day, but with Crocs I welcome it. The water feels good on my feet and with Crocs they dry immediately.

I got mine for $37 at the Polynesian. I have seen them all over. MouseGears has a bunch and I think I even saw some at or near Bwana Bob's. Before you buy a pair make sure to check around the other places first. There are a few different colors that I've noticed one store might not have but the others will. I really want to get me a pair of the Goofy (blue with green) and Donald (yellow w/ blue) ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom