Flip Flops

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
We are going to WDW in a few days!:p A few of my students were wondering if they would be able to take off their flip flops before they actually rode the ride! I do not remeber if you could or not:confused: !

4 days til WDW:sohappy:

napnet

They make you take them off for Soarin' but as for others, thats a good question. I wouldn't wanna take them off on some since it would be gross

kal1484

I think I remember people taking them off, however warn your students that they will be doing A LOT of walking so they might want to bring other shoes just in case. I know a lot of kids on my HS band trip had this problem. Otherwise, HAVE FUN! :wave:

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
Thanks. I've warned them not to wear flip flops at all, but they insist. They think walking in them at the mall constitutes "A lot of walking":lol: ! The second day of our trip will no doubt see the ole tennis shoes making their debut at WDW. I've also tried to tell them that their flips afford no protection from accidental crushing by other guests.:eek: Many of them want to walk in Crocs.....I don't own a pair so couldn't say if this is wise or not......

4 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

barnum42

Flip flops and heavy mileage are not IMHO a good combination.

They only footwear sign I remember is on Kali River Rapids, where it said footwear MUST be worn.

RonAnnArbor

I'll pipe in on the other side -- I always wear my flipflops in the parks and find them to be comfortable and get no blisters from my Tevas...however, I always bring along shoes to wear to dinner at night, or when going to Downtown Disney, or back to the parks at night.

You should keep your flip flops on for all of the rides except Soarin' - where you just merely place them in the bag under your seat, or just leave them on the floor in front of you - you return right back to them at the end of the ride.

LouDisney

I wore flip flops for most of my trip last August, they were very comfortable, now I would not recommend any shoes that are not comfy for the parks.
They did make us take ours flip flops off for Soarin and like RonAnnArbor pointed out, they have a bag under your seat or you can leave them on the floor.

pintraderpayee

Original Poster
Those who have recommended flip flops: Are you a regular wearer or only when on vacation?

Thanks again.

3 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
One thing that I have always wondered for people wearing flip flops - do your toes get stepped on a lot?

barnum42

AMH97 said:
One thing that I have always wondered for people wearing flip flops - do your toes get stepped on a lot?
I'd imagine no more so than someone wearing regular shoes - but you would NOTICE it a lot more when it happens ;)

napnet

AMH97 said:

I always wear my Reef flip flops atleast one day during our trips and never have anyone step on them. I wouldn't recommend wearing them for more than one day... i had huge blisters the one time i did.

RonAnnArbor

I wear flip flops all summer - and I have never had anyone step on my toes in 46 years...what do people do that they are so worried that they are going to get their toes stepped on????

phillipsa9

i am regular flip flop wearer as long as there is not two feet of snow on the ground... i dont see anything wrong with wearing them for long walking... no matter what shoes im wearing i havent experienced getting my feet stepped on very often and i really dont know how much extra protection tennis shoes would really provide

LouDisney

I wear them (and sandals) all summer. I've never had anyone step on my toes. I do take my tennis shoes with me and wear them some days as well. I say take them, as long as they are comfortable and do not rub blisters on your feet/toes.

jesserin

pintraderpayee said:
Those who have recommended flip flops: Are you a regular wearer or only when on vacation?

Thanks again.

3 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

I wear my flops year round - 365... you'll rarely if ever find me in tennis shoes (other than my work outs) I tour the parks in them, I wear them around town... My husband and I wear our Rainbows out about every 3-4 years from constant abuse (i mean wear) ;) Whatever you recommend - make sure they have good support and have been "worn in" long before you hit the parks... But if you do wear them all the time - you'll be fine... (imho)

:wave:

melbatoast

jesserin said:
Whatever you recommend - make sure they have good support and have been "worn in" long before you hit the parks... But if you do wear them all the time - you'll be fine... (imho)

:wave:

Absolutely! Never wear a BRAND NEW pair of shoes! Especially if your not used to that much walking! Wear them for a couple weeks first. Personally, I'm ok with flip-flops, but not all of them fit the same so I'm always careful to wear them a bit first. There's nothing worse than sitting down in Magic Kingdom at lunch only to find huge blisters on your throbbing feet, when your other shoes are sitting in your off-site hotel room. Trust me on that one.

dxwwf3

There is no freaking way I would ever wear flip flops to the parks. I'd rather take a beating. Like Lt. Dan says in Forrest Gump, you've got to take care of your feet. I wear strapped sandals with soles like Nike shoes once a trip (AK for Kali) and they aren't too kind on the feet, but they're ok. I couldn't imagine wearing the type of flip flops that are "fashionable" now in the parks.

napnet

dxwwf3 said:
There is no freaking way I would ever wear flip flops to the parks. I'd rather take a beating. Like Lt. Dan says in Forrest Gump, you've got to take care of your feet. I wear strapped sandals with soles like Nike shoes once a trip (AK for Kali) and they aren't too kind on the feet, but they're ok. I couldn't imagine wearing the type of flip flops that are "fashionable" now in the parks.

I wore mine all day Sunday without any issues :) My feet don't hurt anymore than normal after a day there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom