First look at Epcot's new table service restaurant 'La Hacienda de San Angel' menu

urbanvegan

I find the lack on on-menu veggie choices a MAJOR oversight. We were excited to try eating there in a two weeks, but maybe we will skip this one. Lame.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I looked it over and was thinking the same thing. Not even a real vegetarian appetizer. (Melted cheese on peppers doesn't really count in my book)
Plus the fact that the Queso Fundido is melted cheese on peppers with Chorizo, which is sausage, so that is off the plate for vegetarians.

It is nearly my favorite app to have though, so I may be stopping in for a Queso Fundido and then the Mexican Chocolate with Churros. Mmmm Mmmm...

The menu looks fairly traditional, which sounds good to me. I'm afraid of their mole though, it can be so good when done right, and terrible when done wrong. I wonder if it's more Rick Bayless style mole and less Chi-Chi's mole.

I can't wait to see the first round of reviews up for this place!

hpyhnt 1000

I too was surprised by the lack of vegitarian options... there is a salad option and a bean soup under starters, but thats it.

Steve, is this the complete menu or a sampling of some of the items? If its the complete opening day menu, I must say its rather limited in its choices, especially considering this is the dinner menu (only 5 entrees?).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I too was surprised by the lack of vegitarian options... there is a salad option and a bean soup under starters, but thats it.

Steve, is this the complete menu or a sampling of some of the items? If its the complete opening day menu, I must say its rather limited in its choices, especially considering this is the dinner menu (only 5 entrees?).

Its the full opening menu.

Phonedave

That does seem kind of light on the choices.

As was said, mole can be good or it can be horrid.

Vegitarian options (or the lack of) does not bother me, but they are ignoring a large segment of the population.

Hopefully what is on there is good, but it does look quite limited.

-dave

hpyhnt 1000

Its the full opening menu.

I'm rather surprised by that. Hopefully a few more options are added on in the near future; I can understand the qualtiy vs. quantity argument, but the lack of options here seems a bit extreme. Its just not right when there are more starters than entrees.

Thanks for the info, Steve!

wolf359

Considering the size of the building it's possible the kitchen just isn't big enough to store and prepare a wider variety of foods.

While the Hacienda and Cantina both have small menus they seem to be pushing for more upscale offerings. I agree the lack of vegetarian offerings (beyond that single salad) is an oversight on their part, I'm sure there will be some tweaking once they start getting feedback.

ms7479a

WOW!! 12.95 for melted cheese?? $25 for entrees. Better be some good Mexican food.

I'm not too surprised by the expensive prices. With the restaurant's great location right on the lagoon it is always going to be crowded no matter what the price.

Mickey_777

The prices don't surprise me (everything inside the park is more expensive) but the food sounds amazing...will be there next month.:slurp:

peterpanic74

Why have a veggie only dish when vegetarians only make up less than 1% of the world population, and less than half of a percent of the US population.

Well then, why have vegetarian entrees at ANY WDW restaurants? Probably because there's a demand for it.

The cantina has a vegetarian option, so I'm rather surprised that the Hacienda menu does not.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well then, why have vegetarian entrees at ANY WDW restaurants? Probably because there's a demand for it.

The cantina has a vegetarian option, so I'm rather surprised that the Hacienda menu does not.

It seems that since there's a small demand for it, there's a small selection at the restaurants........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom