First look at Epcot's new table service restaurant 'La Hacienda de San Angel' menu

Rob562

I feel the need to declare that I am a "meat eater" before I ask my question.

With that out of the way...

I feel a little late to this Dinner Party, as I have paid ZERO attention to these eateries for some reason.

Are either of these available to book as part of the dining plan yet?
Are they both considered LUNCH locations during day, then ONLY Hacienda switching to Dinner at 3? Seems there would be a separate dinner menu for BOTH restaurants aftyer 3, but appears Cantina serves the same food all day.

Great...now that I've asked that I'm more confused. :shrug:

Can anyone clear it up?

Muchos Nachos in advance! :wave:

I don't know about the booking schedule, but can answer the other questions.

Hacienda is only open for dinner hours (4pm onward, I believe). Seating is only indoors.

Cantina is Counter Service and serves the same meal all day, both lunch and dinner. Cantina seating is all of the outdoors, as well as some of Hacienda's indoor seating furing lunchtime. Around 3PM, Cast Members will start clearing the indoor areas of Counter Service guests so that by 4 they can open as the Table Service.

It's kind of the opposite of how Restaurantosaurus operated when it hosted the Character Breakfast. It would open as a Table Service buffet, and then cross over to Counter Service by lunchtime.

-Rob

BRER STITCH

I don't know about the booking schedule, but can answer the other questions.

Hacienda is only open for dinner hours (4pm onward, I believe). Seating is only indoors.

Cantina is Counter Service and serves the same meal all day, both lunch and dinner. Cantina seating is all of the outdoors, as well as some of Hacienda's indoor seating furing lunchtime. Around 3PM, Cast Members will start clearing the indoor areas of Counter Service guests so that by 4 they can open as the Table Service.

It's kind of the opposite of how Restaurantosaurus operated when it hosted the Character Breakfast. It would open as a Table Service buffet, and then cross over to Counter Service by lunchtime.

-Rob

Thanks for the quick reply, ROB!

I just looked at Steve's article on them and I guess I read it wrong the first time. Being able to sit in the Hacienda Dining room will still be with Cantina's Counter Serve Menu until 3PM.

At 3 Hacienda gets ready to become a Dinner Service location, and Cantina continues its Counter Service menu at the outside tables.

I'll call about booking in the morning and see what THEY know about it! :lol:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Thanks for the quick reply, ROB!

I just looked at Steve's article on them and I guess I read it wrong the first time. Being able to sit in the Hacienda Dining room will still be with Cantina's Counter Serve Menu until 3PM.

At 3 Hacienda gets ready to become a Dinner Service location, and Cantina continues its Counter Service menu at the outside tables.

I'll call about booking in the morning and see what THEY know about it! :lol:

According to the official blog, the details on ADR for this place is that it opens mid-Sept for walk up, with Oct 15th being the first day for reservations

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/08/update-on-la-hacienda-de-san-angel-at-epcot/

KJ1081

I think the menu looks pretty good, although limited. I'm really excited for this place and I can't wait for reviews! Last year, my fiance and I had the first dinner of our (surprise) engagement trip at San Angel, so to continue the theme we are planning on having dinner at La Hacienda during Illuminations on the first night of our Honeymoon. Does anyone know what time we should get a reservation for?

The Mom

Premium Member
Moral issue or not, the fact is if you are looking to run a successful restaruant, it is a menu item that should at least be contemplated.

Some people are vegitarians for moral reasons, others for health reason. It makes me no nevermind.

I'll keep eating a balanced diet, killing some of what I eat, eating all which I kill, and on occassion eating a meal that contains no meat.

-dave

And other people may have religious meat restrictions, so opt for a vegetarian dish rather a meat that hasn't been butchered/prepared properly.

Once upon a time (back in the 80s), the vegetarians in my family had to bring their own food unless eating at a full service restaurant, where they would have to speak with the chef.

It was wonderful when vegetarian options were added everywhere. I hope that WDW isn't reverting back to the days when it was rare to get a good meal in the parks.

NiarrNDisney

I don't know if this has been discussed and I apologize now for not going through all the dialogue that has been post in this thread but I have been wondering something. If I am not mistaken Mexico will now have 5 dining options, Taqueria del Lago, La Cava del Tequila , La Hacienda, Cantina de San Angel, and San Angel Inn. Will the Mouse be taking out one of these? for instance Restaurant de San Angel or Taqueria? It seems like alot for one country considering some countries only have a Kiosk and one other dining option.

mrtoad

I had thought that it was a counter service. I am not sure why they will have two full blown Mexican restaurants there. Will the one inside be going away?

I like Mexican food but just shocked they are going to have two full service restaurants in that pavilion...

hpyhnt 1000

I had thought that it was a counter service. I am not sure why they will have two full blown Mexican restaurants there. Will the one inside be going away?

I like Mexican food but just shocked they are going to have two full service restaurants in that pavilion...

Rumor has it San Angel Inn will be undergoing a menu overhaul and be transformed into a signature dining restaurant.

NMBC1993

I hope that WDW isn't reverting back to the days when it was rare to get a good meal in the parks.

In my opinion they've already done that, I can't stand all the multigrain this and low cal that, that has been showing up at WDW lately and replacing all the "less healthy" options. It blew my mind a month ago when they released those gourmet hot dogs in Tomorrowland, I thought to myself "omg something new and unhealthy!" I'm not saying we shouldn't have healthy options in our parks but lets not take away something because someone thinks it'll effect their vacation, if you don't want to eat it, don't order it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom