Fireworks Testing at EPCOT?

hpyhnt 1000

Can anyone confirm that the ALF at the beginning of Chaos is back? There's a YouTube video from July 5th that appears to show the effect back in operation. Could that have been what was being tested a few nights ago?

Here's the video. Incidentally, the Inferno Barge was cut halfway through the act. Not sure what happend, but it did allow for some excellent laser footage. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Can anyone confirm that the ALF at the beginning of Chaos is back? There's a YouTube video from July 5th that appears to show the effect back in operation. Could that have been what was being tested a few nights ago?

The opening shot is now being fired from the American Gardens Theater, but not sure if it is ALF or not.

Update: I've just had a look at the source video I had for the July 4 show, and it looks to be conventional lift charge and not ALF, but I'm not 100%.

hpyhnt 1000

The opening shot is now being fired from the American Gardens Theater, but not sure if it is ALF or not.

Yeah, its hard to tell from the video if its the full effect or not. But at least the initial comet is back to being fired from the Theater; thats some progress I suppose.

Alektronic

Update: I've just had a look at the source video I had for the July 4 show, and it looks to be conventional lift charge and not ALF, but I'm not 100%.

The ALF is still out of the show and don't when IF it ever gets back into the show

Alektronic

Its a good move, just interested in why it was shot from the UK for so long, and now gets moved.

It was just an easy and quick and supposed to be temporary, it was shot from the seawall site on UK island, but when they decided it might be a permanent fix they decided to move it to AmGard.

hpyhnt 1000

It was just an easy and quick and supposed to be temporary, it was shot from the seawall site on UK island, but when they decided it might be a permanent fix they decided to move it to AmGard.

Hmmm...after looking at the video again, the new arrangement isn't bad. Not as sharp as the ALF but its passable.

Thanks for all the info!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
What is the ALF?
Air Launch Firework system - they use compressed air to launch the firework instead of a black powder lift charge. It is very accurate, controllable, less pollution, and quiet. The first 3 shells in Illuminations used to be air launched.

Monorail Lime

Do they usually test fireworks in a park after hours with hotels nearby?
Yes, they do. Guests of the nearby hotels are notified of the testing so as to not be alarmed by late-nite explosions. It has happened to us twice in the 4-5 times we've stayed at Boardwalk in the last few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom