Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

mm52200

Crazy to think it's already been a year since the debut of this parade. And judging from this recent vid, it still looks as good as it did when it first stepped off. Little things like the anchor swinging again and adding the flag atop the balloon float are signs that Operations is still taking good care of this parade, despite whatever fears we had about maintenance or lack-thereof.

I had been meaning to say this. I just thought they had given up on the anchor swinging but glad to see that's happening/working again. Also just think like the smoke effects on Maleficent running again add a lot. All of the costumes still seem to be in a really great shape too! Good job so far ops!

WDWLover#1

Crazy to think it's already been a year since the debut of this parade. And judging from this recent vid, it still looks as good as it did when it first stepped off. Little things like the anchor swinging again and adding the flag atop the balloon float are signs that Operations is still taking good care of this parade, despite whatever fears we had about maintenance or lack-thereof.

I must say I've been watching videos of it since it came out. In most of them all the effects always work. And if u see one effect not working one day u look at a video uploaded the next and it's fixed.

AndyS2992

I love this parade and hope it's still in great condition when I go this September.

Although I'm still a little disappointed that Princess Aurora is missing from the Sleeping Beauty scene and the lack of any Winnie the Pooh characters :(

Monorail_Red_77

Still love this parade. Sometimes when we stop to see it, the effects are working. Other times they are not. The last time I saw the parade back in Jan the CM's on the high swings were not rotating around, they were just sitting there waving. Other times the anchor does not swing among other effects that sometimes do not work. But still is a great parade and glad to see that when there is a problem with an effect that they get it back up and online quickly.

WDWLover#1

Still love this parade. Sometimes when we stop to see it, the effects are working. Other times they are not. The last time I saw the parade back in Jan the CM's on the high swings were not rotating around, they were just sitting there waving. Other times the anchor does not swing among other effects that sometimes do not work. But still is a great parade and glad to see that when there is a problem with an effect that they get it back up and online quickly.
Quick tibbit: the cm's on the high swing power them. They're not controlled by any mechanism at all. All man powered. What's more likely is that they could've been in a part of the route that was dangerous to swing them. But I wouldn't know which part of the route you would be seeing it.

mm52200

Quick tibbit: the cm's on the high swing power them. They're not controlled by any mechanism at all. All man powered. What's more likely is that they could've been in a part of the route that was dangerous to swing them. But I wouldn't know which part of the route you would be seeing it.
I know as they parade is making it's last turn to exit the route by the Barbershop they stop swinging and sit down. However, I'm not sure if there's anywhere else that happens on the route or not. Maybe the bridge?

cjk0318

I know as they parade is making it's last turn to exit the route by the Barbershop they stop swinging and sit down. However, I'm not sure if there's anywhere else that happens on the route or not. Maybe the bridge?
They stop swinging once they hit the last turn into the finale gate, the thugs stop swinging there also.

Cesar R M

DSC_0409.JPG

Mitch3223

Did the spinning wheel inside the dragon used to spin?

I swear it did the first 6 months of FOF but i could be wrong?

mm52200

Did the spinning wheel inside the dragon used to spin?

I swear it did the first 6 months of FOF but i could be wrong?
It spins depending on where you see it the soundtrack loop. It doesn't spin during the Festival of Fantasy theme song but when it switches to the unit specific soundtrack it starts spinning which is supposed to be symbolic of the story happening. Steve Davison talked about it in an interview.

Mitch3223

It spins depending on where you see it the soundtrack loop. It doesn't spin during the Festival of Fantasy theme song but when it switches to the unit specific soundtrack it starts spinning which is supposed to be symbolic of the story happening. Steve Davison talked about it in an interview.

Ha that makes so much sense. It would always spin when I watched in Frontierland, but never in Town Square. Thanks!

SpectroMan93

Happy One-Year Anniversary Festival of Fantasy Parade!
FOE836234.png

Video of the livestream from the debut a year ago:

Here's to many more years to come (but not too many).

Attachments

• Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_18603.jpg
    Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_18603.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 230
  • Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_20316.jpg
    Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_20316.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 224
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_18601.jpg
    Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_18601.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 220
  • Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_19635.jpg
    Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_19635.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_19636.jpg
    Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_19636.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_20313.jpg
    Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_20313.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 216
  • Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_20314.jpg
    Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_20314.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 224
  • FOF-MALEFICENT_Dragon_NoGoon.jpg
    FOF-MALEFICENT_Dragon_NoGoon.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Peter Pan.jpg
    Peter Pan.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 245

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom