Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

wogwog

Not Disney, just TDO. I've been wanting to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is downright embarrassing. It only runs once a day, daily maintenance isn't too much to ask for, is it? I figured that would be the protocol for parades, especially one with several moving parts.
TDO assigned the former Yeti maintenance team since they did such a great job over at AK. ;)

SirLink

...oh my is right....

Do we think this parade is too technical for what Disney is capable of maintaining?

Nope, I can understand maybe why two of the three things weren't working. Steve seems like he gets a budget but never thinks about from a day to day production standpoint. Remember on the Peter Pan float concept where they were going to have Hook and Smee on the anchor...

Also isn't Sebastian on TLM float a hold over piece from SpectroMagic maybe termites have infested that float...

SpectroMan93

We jumped shipped about the flames...again. Found two instagram photos from today of Maleficent breathing fire in full force. Confirmed the date with the photographers. In fact, plenty of instagrammers can confirm fire in today's parade, even in Frontierland. There's a difference in flames not being visible from your view on the route, and flames not being in the parade at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

WDWLover#1

OAM chatted to Disney and a Mk exec told them that it was weather problems on Weds and Thurs which caused the fire not to work.
there was fire today... saw it with my own eyes
Good to hear the weather problems stopped today :)

Guys lets make sure we get it right about if the fire is working or whether you didn't see it because you were unfortunate to be standing in the wrong area of the parade route where the dragon doesn't breathe fire. From what I've seen it doesn't breathe during the chorus and only 3 times during the floats specific piece of music.

jrh1985

It's times like these that make me hate living in WI! I rather be in MK as often as I can to make up my own mind whether TDO is lacking or not. Don't get me I wrong, I am loving these daily reports but today's seems conflicting. Since FOF is starting from splash for now, the only place with a clear shot of the health of FOF I can think of is the train station. That way you can see FOF from the castle on.
Then again, there was fire in Fontierland on opening day according to YT. Plus, what I've learned this week is the fire doesn't happen during FOF's theme song. So who knows?

As for the other stuff, it's still under a week. Give it time. I remember half the eagle being out when DCA deubted DEP Nightastic in 2009. It was out for the media the night before and they couldn't fix it in time for the public premier????? I still don't get that!

WDWLover#1

Has anyone any idea when the soundtrack will be available online, especially on youtube?
Merchandising believes these don't sell. In about a year a full version on you tube will be uploaded, who knows how they do it, but they've done it in the past. Watch utube channels WhereMagicLives95 or MrThemeParkAudios-they seem to get them up before anyone. Just have to be patient I'm afraid. If steve was in charge he'd said he'd sell them asap but he's not in charge. He can only put in a request.

aladdin2007

Merchandising is working with blind eyes then. The Magic Kingdom Event Party Music cd consistantly sells out before they are back in stock again. People still like buying souvenirs/cds like that. The precious princess merch has blinded them from focusing on anything else. :banghead:

SpectroMan93

I love that the parade starts from Frontierland, but there seems to be a consistent mass exit from the park once it finishes in Town Square. I wonder if they'll ever change the direction of the route to curb this.

Clamman73

I love that the parade starts from Frontierland, but there seems to be a consistent mass exit from the park once it finishes in Town Square. I wonder if they'll ever change the direction of the route to curb this.

But once you turned the Mickey green, Disney got your money, and the crowd will probably be back later.

aladdin2007

Main street, the hub, the castle, and the entry ways into Tomorrowland and Fantasyland were at a complete gridlock standstill yesterday after the parade. I have never been so terrified and will never get in the middle of that cattle herding again. Total mayhem. Ive seen that at night but never in the day time. I'm starting to think they are letting more people into the park than they were originally meant to. Just an observation.

mm52200

I understand for the media they wanted the castle in the background, but why aren't they running it from MS to Frontierland now? They know by doing that it somewhat eases up the crowds a little. That's what they did with CADCT parade so why haven't they gone ahead and made the switch for FoF?

Clamman73

Main street, the hub, the castle, and the entry ways into Tomorrowland and Fantasyland were at a complete gridlock standstill yesterday after the parade. I have never been so terrified and will never get in the middle of that cattle herding again. Total mayhem. Ive seen that at night but never in the day time. I'm starting to think they are letting more people into the park than they were originally meant to. Just an observation.

I'd be curious to see if wait times on attractions have changed since this parade started. I wonder if it's more people let into the park, or more people are not on rides at 3:00pm???

jrh1985

I'd be curious to see if wait times on attractions have changed since this parade started. I wonder if it's more people let into the park, or more people are not on rides at 3:00pm???
More people? As in reaching capacity? MK shouldn't reach capacity during off holiday periods.

As for mass exits after parades, That's nothing new when it's starts from splash. Been that way for years no matter what parade the only time it doesn't is when MISICI is done.

I thought I read on here that FOF can only start from splash,like MSEP in TS. I wonder if there were mass exits after MSEP in DL when it had to go both ways. I believe the first one of the night started at Small world before Fantasy In The Sky.

djlaosc

Merchandising is working with blind eyes then. The Magic Kingdom Event Party Music cd consistantly sells out before they are back in stock again. People still like buying souvenirs/cds like that. The precious princess merch has blinded them from focusing on anything else. :banghead:

What CDs are do they actually still sell at WDW? I'm looking to pick some up on my next trip and want to know what could be available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom