Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

mm52200

I will be very surprised if Maleficent does not get added to Boo To You this year! That will be amazing to see her at night with her eyes flashing and fire!! :D
I really don't think/hope they'll add the dragon to Boo to You. I would like to see the floats designed for FoF used exclusively for that parade. I just don't like how entertainment will use one float in three different offerings, it just doesn't make the parades as unique when they all have the same floats.

etwtec

Kind of off topic but lets say Disneyland does want the Electrical Parade back for the 60th next year, which sounds more logical than temporarily borrowing Paint The Night from Hong Kong, When could we except the Electrical Parade to leave WDW? Next Spring?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
BiZEalcIUAAQhfg.jpg

D Holland

Apparently there is a design flaw with the new floats and they are bottoming out as they come across the Liberty Square bridge. Joy Joy

tcsnwhite

BiZEalcIUAAQhfg.jpg

D Holland

Apparently there is a design flaw with the new floats and they are bottoming out as they come across the Liberty Square bridge. Joy Joy

Haha...If I remember right, Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams at DL had this same issue.
They'll probably address it soon enough.

I really don't think/hope they'll add the dragon to Boo to You. I would like to see the floats designed for FoF used exclusively for that parade. I just don't like how entertainment will use one float in three different offerings, it just doesn't make the parades as unique when they all have the same floats.

THIS.
I can understand the appeal to do it... but it's kind of what cheapens WDW offerings to me. I like how DL and the other parks usually keep productions (and their elements) unique to that particular production (at least until that particular production is officially retired). It makes it and keeps it special.
And I remember Steven saying he prefers productions to not do that for that very reason.

Wikkler

i could not help but notice that on the released *poster art* for the Parade shown earlier in this thread that the Dragon is not included in the graphics.
Makes it all the easier to remove it if need be...and not have to change the marketing artwork.
Honestly, that would be too big of a
spoiler
almost like the trailer for The Sixth Sense saying
"I see dead people"
on it.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Please. Movies get spoiled by marketing people all the time. For example, there's the Professor Quirrell action figure for the first Harry Potter movie.

Jose

I think when DL gets its night parade back, FOF will have to run day and night. just like the situation with soundsational right now

novawildcat18

Where was it confirmed that the MSEP was returning to Disneyland? Did I miss it?
It's not confirmed, as far as I know. It's just heavily rumored since they love it and we don't care for it so much. The rumor is that they're looking for a new parade for their 60th anniversary, I believe. So its most likely between this and HK's parade "Paint the Night".

tcsnwhite

It's a rumor from MiceChat. Supposedly because of the issues with MyMagic+...DLR's 60th Anniversary plans, including new parades, were put on hold...and now they're supposedly looking for cheap alternatives - which is return DEP back to DL, or supposedly borrow HKDL's new "Paint The Night" during their "rainy season" (????), which I've already said (based on what I've heard about how expensive it is to ship parade productions around) is most likely just another ridiculous MiceChat rumor.

The original plans were that Steven and his WDI-CE team were working on a (long-rumored) brand new nighttime parade for DL for the 60th...along with a few other things.
And Steven did comment that he had big meetings with TDA on the 60th plans shortly back, and he seemed very positive about them.
Who knows.....

MerlinTheGoat

Ideally for a Magic Kingdom night parade, I'd prefer some sort of Dreamlights-like reimagining of Spectromagic myself. Something that feels both fresh/new/impressive and yet nostalgic and traditionally Disney World at the same time, the best of both worlds. Dreamlights was a massive and logical enhanced upgrade over the Electrical Parade, i'd adore to see something similar done with Spectromagic (especially the soundtrack) as the basis instead. With the entire parade now destroyed, they can start new floats from scratch with a mixture of upgraded takes on the original floats as well as elaborate new ones. And an upgraded version of Spectro's soundtrack (again like the massive improvements Dreamlights made to the Electrical Parade).

Yes obviously this will never happen, we'll probably not even get a new night parade anytime remotely soon (if ever), etc etc. Wishful thinking. I'm a huge fan of the new Festival of Fantasy parade and think it's a great day parade (though the flames already being broken is a pathetic embarrassment), but IMO you just can't beat a good old night time parade decked out in all its lights and such. And running a day parade at night doesn't cut it for me either.

SpectroMan93

...oh my is right....

Do we think this parade is too technical for what Disney is capable of maintaining?
Not Disney, just TDO. I've been wanting to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is downright embarrassing. It only runs once a day, daily maintenance isn't too much to ask for, is it? I figured that would be the protocol for parades, especially one with several moving parts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom