Fastpass+ for 7DMT...impossible to get?

Tiggertoo56

We got them yesterday for 7 of us on 8th November - we were just flexible about what date we got them for and as with all others we got will change plans of which parks to visit if needed. But we we also wait in line for most rides if we want to and lines aren't too long!:)

Rose&Crowner

We're 60 days out today, and at 12:01 this morning we were able to get two mine train rides for my family over the course of our trip in November. We'll probably do the standby experience too. Don't fear FP+, it is your friend.

ChrisM

We're 60 days out today, and at 12:01 this morning we were able to get two mine train rides for my family over the course of our trip in November. We'll probably do the standby experience too. Don't fear FP+, it is your friend.

"Don't run! We are your friends!"

1917_mars-attacks-672x372.jpg

RSoxNo1

This seems to be contradictory. At 12:01 in the morning you could only get 2 rides on the Mine Train for your trip? Was there other availability at 60 days out? There has been very little 30-45 days out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This seems to be contradictory. At 12:01 in the morning you could only get 2 rides on the Mine Train for your trip? Was there other availability at 60 days out? There has been very little 30-45 days out.

I don't think he tried to get more then 2.

Rose&Crowner

I don't think he tried to get more then 2.

I could've gotten that and Anna and Elsa everyday, but there are one or two more things in WDW that are fun too. :) We booked Anna and Elsa twice too, which is probably overkill but when dealing with a toddler who may be in meltdown mode it pays to have a backup.

The point of my posts was to demonstrate that it's not hard to get if you book immediately upon being 60 days out, I can't speak for 30.

RSoxNo1

I could've gotten that and Anna and Elsa everyday, but there are one or two more things in WDW that are fun too. :) We booked Anna and Elsa twice too, which is probably overkill but when dealing with a toddler who may be in meltdown mode it pays to have a backup.

The point of my posts was to demonstrate that it's not hard to get if you book immediately upon being 60 days out, I can't speak for 30.
I still view that as a problem though. I don't think people should be shut out of Fastpass+ reservations in advance. If the insistence is there to have advanced bookings, I stand by my suggestion to limit it to one advanced booking and one additional booking available day of. Once either reservation is used you can make another same day reservation. That serves the "lock in" need for your favorite attraction, while giving more flexibility same day.

Rose&Crowner

I still view that as a problem though. I don't think people should be shut out of Fastpass+ reservations in advance. If the insistence is there to have advanced bookings, I stand by my suggestion to limit it to one advanced booking and one additional booking available day of. Once either reservation is used you can make another same day reservation. That serves the "lock in" need for your favorite attraction, while giving more flexibility same day.

There will always be a "hard to get" ticket with FP's as with any other kind of ticket if it's something brand new, for instance the 7DMT. There's really nothing to not like about it.
I have three guaranteed "lock ins" and the chance to get more if they're still available after using the first three, each day. And the best part is, I don't have to run to get there before FP's are out for the day ala TSMM. And if push comes to shove ill do what I did before FP's and wait in line. Nothin but love for my magic plus!

dstrawn9889

they dont care about your flexibility, they care about CROWD control, the pre-distribution of fastpasses give a good indicator of crowd levels at certain times... and they can schedule more appropriately

RSoxNo1

There will always be a "hard to get" ticket with FP's as with any other kind of ticket if it's something brand new, for instance the 7DMT. There's really nothing to not like about it.
I have three guaranteed "lock ins" and the chance to get more if they're still available after using the first three, each day. And the best part is, I don't have to run to get there before FP's are out for the day ala TSMM. And if push comes to shove ill do what I did before FP's and wait in line. Nothin but love for my magic plus!
I respectfully disagree. I love the ability to acquire FP+ at centralized kiosks or on my phone, but I'm not a fan of the advanced booking. Same day scheduling is fine, beyond that is excessive in my opinion.

wdrive

I'm visiting WDW mid/late April/after Easter crowds die down, will the demand have died down by then at all? Do I have any chance at the 30 day mark?

RSoxNo1

I'm visiting WDW mid/late April/after Easter crowds die down, will the demand have died down by then at all? Do I have any chance at the 30 day mark?
Initial distribution saw availability at 2-4 weeks out, it just seems that it was tougher lately. I don't know if they've reduced FP+ capacity or if more people have seen advertisements for it. I have been checking back daily for two of the days on my trip. It's a ridiculous practice, but it's a means to an end.

raymusiccity

I respectfully disagree. I love the ability to acquire FP+ at centralized kiosks or on my phone, but I'm not a fan of the advanced booking. Same day scheduling is fine, beyond that is excessive in my opinion.

I think the excessive demand can be relieved by limiting access from those who have already ridden it multiple times.

It just doesn't seem fair that an international visitor, or some family from another State be locked out of FP+ for 7DMT.

I'm sure that the demand might lessen over time, but, that hasn't happened with Soarin' or 'Toy Story Midway Mania'. :)

Last edited:

DisneyCane

I'm sure that the demand might lessen over time, but, that hasn't happened with Soarin' or 'Toy Story Midway Mania'. :)

Soarin' I kind of understand. It is a unique ride that appeals to almost all visitors. There is also a severe lack of E (or even D) ticket attractions at Epcot.

TSMM I don't understand for the life of me. You ride around and stop in front of a big screen TV to play a video game for a minute and then repeat a few times. If there is any ride that is less worth its standby rate than 7DMT, it is TSMM.

lebeau

Can we retitle this thread:

Fastpass+ for 7DMT...unneccessary to get?

I have been checking wait times this week. They are usually moderate. Early and late in the day, the listed wait times are around 15 minutes.

DVC 2013

I went on at midnight for 60 days out this morning and was only able to get times for the last day of my 8 day trip. Seems a little odd that every day is booked that far out unless they are limiting the fast passes to an extremely low number per day.

Last edited:

lebeau

Current wait time at noon is listed as 40 minutes on the app. Enchanted Tales With Belle is longer at 45 minutes.

Not sure why FPs are proving so hard to get when wait times are listed as moderate.

DVC 2013

Current wait time at noon is listed as 40 minutes on the app. Enchanted Tales With Belle is longer at 45 minutes.

Not sure why FPs are proving so hard to get when wait times are listed as moderate.
I'm puzzled myself. This was harder to get than Be Our Guest reservations, which were almost impossible. I'll be there for MVMCP, so I'm hoping to hop into line during the fireworks for a shorter wait.

lebeau

I'm puzzled myself. This was harder to get than Be Our Guest reservations, which were almost impossible. I'll be there for MVMCP, so I'm hoping to hop into line during the fireworks for a shorter wait.

Like I said before, I have been watching wait times. 10 or 15 in the evening is very common. I imagine it will be a walk on during the party. Last time we went to a party, everything was a walk on fireworks or no. You can probably get in as many rides as you want. It's really short. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom