Fastpass+ for 7DMT...impossible to get?

Aurora1

I missed the opening by a few weeks but we're going back in October because I am determined to try the new ride...for those of you out there booking 7DMT Fastpasses...is it possible to get any times? Or is this like that Anna Elsa meet-and-greet situation where there is nothing available? I can't make my picks until 30 days before either so am I completely out of the running? Some encouragement would be appreciated ;)

I was there in July, off property, so I was only able to get my FP+ reservations 30 days out... I still managed to get 9:15 AM FP+ for the Mine Train each day we were at MK!

cw1982

Just go at opening and you get to use your FP for something else. That's what we do with toy story since it's not really worth FPing anything in HS.

The only issue there is that everyone is reporting that the rope drop crowd is heading to two attractions: 7dmt and Anna and Elsa. That strategy works for everything else, since the crowd is going in one direction lol... but for those two attractions RD isn't (apparently) the decent option it used to be. Maybe in the fall things will improve on that front if crowds are lower.

DManRightHere

The only issue there is that everyone is reporting that the rope drop crowd is heading to two attractions: 7dmt and Anna and Elsa. That strategy works for everything else, since the crowd is going in one direction lol... but for those two attractions RD isn't (apparently) the decent option it used to be. Maybe in the fall things will improve on that front if crowds are lower.

You still shouldn't have over an hours wait if you get there right at rope drop.

It worked well for us at Harry Potter. Though that was 3 years ago...

It's easy to get to 7d maybe it is a lot worse there.

cw1982

You still shouldn't have over an hours wait if you get there right at rope drop.

I agree you "shouldn't" but I've seen where others have said the line pretty much jumped to an hour or more immediately because literally everyone who wasn't waiting for Anna and Elsa was going there instead.

mikeh

I missed the opening by a few weeks but we're going back in October because I am determined to try the new ride...for those of you out there booking 7DMT Fastpasses...is it possible to get any times? Or is this like that Anna Elsa meet-and-greet situation where there is nothing available? I can't make my picks until 30 days before either so am I completely out of the running? Some encouragement would be appreciated ;)

If you're determined to ride it and there are no FP+ options get in line ~30min before park close. If you can stay up that late that is when the line is the shortest

jlsHouston

I wondered about that too. So I need a early morning CP ressie I think so I can leave the restaurant before RD happens and head to the mine train....Gee spend $100 bucks on a meal I have to rush at to not stand in line...I'm thrilled. On a more positive note I managed to get a FP for 7DMT and the Frozen girls using the app on my phone last night at midnite for one day we are there so go figure.

disney4life2008

I agree you "shouldn't" but I've seen where others have said the line pretty much jumped to an hour or more immediately because literally everyone who wasn't waiting for Anna and Elsa was going there instead.

I agree and its a valid point. Its like TSMM - same rope drop procedure but even in January with no crowds - the line would jump to 45 minutes plus within minutes of opening because everyone would go there first. I have a 1pm FP+ for my first day while I am sure mine train is great as long as I can splash mountain more than 3 times in a day I am happy :)

jlsHouston

I agree and its a valid point. Its like TSMM - same rope drop procedure but even in January with no crowds - the line would jump to 45 minutes plus within minutes of opening because everyone would go there first. I have a 1pm FP+ for my first day while I am sure mine train is great as long as I can splash mountain more than 3 times in a day I am happy :)

Yah I gave myself an attitude readjustment last night when the app on the iphone allowed me to get a FP for 7DMT and Frozen sisters. It looks like we will get a couple of rides with FP on the mine train this trip and maybe we can use the end of the day tactic for a short stand by. And I kind of feel like you, if we can get some walk ons for BTMRR and Splash and SM because of these two overly popular attractions diverting crowds, I will be satisfied.

wdwgreek

I booked exactly 60 days out and didn't have too much of a hard time, I reserved them on three days so that it gave me more flexibility as I got closer. I am now changing one of them, but it was pretty easy to get the multiple options.

JasonDeyoung

I was just there last week and it was available pretty much everyday and quite a few times were open and that's one of the busiest times. I'm sure it'll open up quite a bit more soon

Last edited:

Aurora1

When we were there a few weeks ago, the line about 10 minutes after rope drop was already up to 60 minutes, and just went up all day. It was crazy busy all day, never below 60- to me a FP+ is necessary for that ride, otherwise not worth it.

WDWFantasmicFan

No luck at all - Tried to book our FP+'s for 7DMT 30 days out from our trip next week, and no luck for the whole 14 days we are there - at all, not even really late at night... I wonder if they are releasing them later (maybe a week before, or even day of) because for us, my cousin, and my friend - the 7DMT says "Standby Only") I will have to keep an eye and see if I can snag one... I'm doubtful, but you never know!!!

DisneyCane

This ride is not worth all the stress. If you can, wait a few months or a year and ride when the fervor dies down. The ride isn't thrilling and has 1 cool scene that doesn't last long enough. I know it is new but there are many rides at MK that are more fun and longer experiences with a lot lower wait time/stress level.

You can probably ride Barnstormer and Pirates 3 times each in the time of one SDMT ride and then you will experience all the thrill of SDMT and get much longer cool scenery.

I rode it during "soft opening" by getting a fastpass the morning of my visit (when they were testing and released them last minute). I waited less than 2 minutes and my reaction (and my wife's) when we got off was "I'm sure glad I only waited 2 minutes."

WDWFantasmicFan

This ride is not worth all the stress. If you can, wait a few months or a year and ride when the fervor dies down. The ride isn't thrilling and has 1 cool scene that doesn't last long enough. I know it is new but there are many rides at MK that are more fun and longer experiences with a lot lower wait time/stress level.

You can probably ride Barnstormer and Pirates 3 times each in the time of one SDMT ride and then you will experience all the thrill of SDMT and get much longer cool scenery.

I rode it during "soft opening" by getting a fastpass the morning of my visit (when they were testing and released them last minute). I waited less than 2 minutes and my reaction (and my wife's) when we got off was "I'm sure glad I only waited 2 minutes."
Is it something you would personally avoid all together? Or would you go on it every time, but only if there is a short wait??

Sabriel

The alternate option is to stay til park closing. I was there in mid-June and couldn't get FPs, but had no trouble waiting stand-by for 7DMT, the first night about 40 mins, and the second closer to 20.

WDWFantasmicFan

The alternate option is to stay til park closing. I was there in mid-June and couldn't get FPs, but had no trouble waiting stand-by for 7DMT, the first night about 40 mins, and the second closer to 20.
Have you experienced what its like at park opening - go straight to 7DMT after rope drop??

DoctorDisney

I live behind MK, and have done it at rope-drop and gotten on there within 10-15 minutes. I've also been able to randomly get a FP+ reservation last-minute when just going to the park on a whim some days.

It's far from impossible, but actually seems more difficult to get further out than closer to the day you get there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom