Fastpass+ for 7DMT...impossible to get?

DisneyCane

Is it something you would personally avoid all together? Or would you go on it every time, but only if there is a short wait??

If there was a short wait, 25 minutes or below or if I could get it as a rolling FP+, I would ride. It isn't a "bad" ride but it isn't worth an hour wait or stressing over FP+.

jlsHouston

If there was a short wait, 25 minutes or below or if I could get it as a rolling FP+, I would ride. It isn't a "bad" ride but it isn't worth an hour wait or stressing over FP+.

Yah...even TSMM and Soarin I don't standby for if over 30 minutes...which means I've NEVER rode stand by on TSMM and only once on Soarin...I'm not going to stress, I have like 2 of the 10 days with FP's now...I'm much bigger about SM and BTMRR and PP and HM so I'm much less agitated than I was this weekend when there were like no FP opportunities for the 15-23 of Aug available.

WDWFantasmicFan

Just managed to get one for our first day (6th August) but it's at 7:20pm, we're not planning on staying that late - should we keep it, and try to get it earlier? Or change it for a different attraction??

cw1982

Just managed to get one for our first day (6th August) but it's at 7:20pm, we're not planning on staying that late - should we keep it, and try to get it earlier? Or change it for a different attraction??

I would keep it and keep trying to change the time. It's easier to search for a different time than to change the attraction and then hope the new attraction is at a similar time.

Andy Whitfield

I'm going with 5 other family members ( 6 in total)on 19th sept. can only book 30 days in advance as staying at my own place. am i wasting my time trying to get fast pass +'s for this mine train?

Clamman73

I'm going with 5 other family members ( 6 in total)on 19th sept. can only book 30 days in advance as staying at my own place. am i wasting my time trying to get fast pass +'s for this mine train?
I'm taking a look at it for 9/19 - it says "Fastpass+ distribution has ended for selected day" (at this particular moment)

WDWFantasmicFan

I wouldn't say wasting your time. But I managed to get one within a week of the date. Keep trying is all I say - you never know when the might release some more, or someone else may cancel their fastpass for the ride. Another thing I would say is walk quickly straight to the mine train at park opening, if you are quick enough, the queue is usually short, but builds quickly.

dstrawn9889

These have been very difficult to acquire, even in the 30-60 day window. This was one of the big fears with Fastpass+ and it has already materialized. Booking attractions up to 60 days in advance is a horrible idea.
i believe that disney holds FP+ in reserve for day-of scheduling... otherwise there would be a 5 mile long line at GS full of ed off people.

RSoxNo1

i believe that disney holds FP+ in reserve for day-of scheduling... otherwise there would be a 5 mile long line at GS full of ed off people.
Are they only available to guests that have checked into the park because I've checked same day availability first thing in the morning and haven't seen added availability.

DisneyCane

Are they only available to guests that have checked into the park because I've checked same day availability first thing in the morning and haven't seen added availability.

I don't know what caused it but last week I had a Soarin' reservation for 9:50 AM - 10:50 AM. The day before my trip something came up and I wouldn't be able to get there until later in the day. I tried changing the time and nothing was available.

I then decided to check at around 12:30 AM (technically the day of) and I was able to switch to several different times. It wasn't available all day whenever I wanted but there were some early afternoon, late afternoon, early evening and late night available. I switched to 6:05 PM to 7:05 PM to ensure I'd get there on time and all was good.

mikenatcity1

I hope some open up th day of. I went early in the morning the day I could book FP+ for my trip and sadly for all 4 days the Mine Train, Elsa/Anna, Festival of Fantasy and Wishes were all booked :( If I can't get one, it looks like a mad dash early in the morning after rope drop, at least for the Mine Train.

RSoxNo1

I don't know what caused it but last week I had a Soarin' reservation for 9:50 AM - 10:50 AM. The day before my trip something came up and I wouldn't be able to get there until later in the day. I tried changing the time and nothing was available.

I then decided to check at around 12:30 AM (technically the day of) and I was able to switch to several different times. It wasn't available all day whenever I wanted but there were some early afternoon, late afternoon, early evening and late night available. I switched to 6:05 PM to 7:05 PM to ensure I'd get there on time and all was good.
I suspect that's a function of people changing their minds last minute. I checked Mine Train last night and there was no availability for today (group of 2). I checked again at 8:01 AM, no availability. If they are holding some back for same day, it's only to guests in the park, which I applaud. However, I suspect that's not the case.

RSoxNo1

I had Disney tech support tell me that there is not a percentage of Fastpass+ reservations held back for day guests. This is consistent to what I was told back at the 2013 D23 Expo when I cornered their "Fastpass+ expert" for half an hour.

love disney

I couldn't get FP's for the mine coaster at about 45 days out. I keep trying but no luck so far. According to the app I am always seeing a 75 minute standby wait time (and I mean always!). Is this accurate? How about first thing in the morning? Not going until end of Sept. so hopefully wait times will be a bit shorter, just curious as to accuracy of app since I am always seeing 75 minutes.

doctornick

My parents decided to add a few days to a recent trip (staying on site). By the time they added the days, they were already within th 60 day window, but the 30 day window had not opened. I was able to grab some FP+ for the 7DMT for one day they planned to go to the MK without a problem.

So, my point would be that you probably don't have to book the FP+ exactly at the 60 day mark, but booking before the 30 day mark would be a good idea if you are staying on site.

lilclerk

My parents decided to add a few days to a recent trip (staying on site). By the time they added the days, they were already within th 60 day window, but the 30 day window had not opened. I was able to grab some FP+ for the 7DMT for one day they planned to go to the MK without a problem.

So, my point would be that you probably don't have to book the FP+ exactly at the 60 day mark, but booking before the 30 day mark would be a good idea if you are staying on site.
Yeah I agree, I had no trouble at all getting whatever day and time I wanted for 7DMT when I was at 60 days, and I was still able to shuffle them around for a few weeks afterwards. Seems pretty much impossible now, and I'm 29 days out today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom