Fantasyland Permits

Tom

Beta Return
There are actually two more tents. Next to Pete's Silly Side show the orange area is a tent that can be seen in the model which is currently under construction. The assumption is that this would be food service, but that is just an educated guess. Maybe that is going to be games and not food. There is a second small blue tent in the model which is in the circular area between J, K and I.

http://.smugmug.com/Walt-Disney-World/Adam-Roths-WDW-519-52012/i-GqSjMPt/0/L/DSC02335-L.jpg

Wow. Now I really feel out of the loop. But I guess I wouldn't have considered that orange building to be a tent if I saw it before. If color coding means anything, it would be food related (since BatB is food too). Looks like serving and small dining area up front, and kitchen facilities in the back, on that map.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow. Now I really feel out of the loop. But I guess I wouldn't have considered that orange building to be a tent if I saw it before. If color coding means anything, it would be food related (since BatB is food too). Looks like serving and small dining area up front, and kitchen facilities in the back, on that map.

Here's one of Scuttle's recent aerial photos where you can see the start of the tent.

disneyaerials6-13-12014.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Structurally it's no tent... but eventually it should look like one!

6_2_12_004.JPG

After further review (of the original artwork and models), the yellow-topped thing in the back will be a walk-up, window-style food service location, and the blue canopy will either be for covered outdoor dining, or games of some sort.

Neither will be a tent. Dzone may very well be the name of their new window-service food location, and "carts" may be Ice Cream carts, and the back of that building will be the "support" area for them (i.e. park/store them, recharge, ice down, stock, etc).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
out of curiousity what do you guys think they are doing in there

The contractor for both of these is Icarus Exhibits. From what I have seen they don't do general construction but instead do the installation of final show pieces and themeing. For example they did work on the Epcot Visions House. The first permit is for the meet and greet tent so I assume they are doing the themeing for that. The other is the new Tangled themed restroom area. I am not sure what they are doing there since it seems to be a little early for that type of work.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Now that I have taken a closer look at this the addresses are interesting. The new Dumbo is 1262 and the Merchandise the (the one nearest Dumbo) is 1272. The Popcorn Kiosk appears to be near Dumbo. There was a permit back in May for "Merchandise Cart Installation" at 1270 which I am guessing is the merch cart at Casey Jr. So this would put the Hot Dog and Pretzel kiosk in the same area. This all sort of goes back to the original concept where there was a Casey Jr food service location next to Dumbo.

This also the second permit to mention "D-Zone" which I am guessing is the mystery yellow tent at the back of the expansion. I had been thinking that would be food service, but with all these food carts and thinking that might not be the case.

Tom

Beta Return
Now that I have taken a closer look at this the addresses are interesting. The new Dumbo is 1262 and the Merchandise the (the one nearest Dumbo) is 1272. The Popcorn Kiosk appears to be near Dumbo. There was a permit back in May for "Merchandise Cart Installation" at 1270 which I am guessing is the merch cart at Casey Jr. So this would put the Hot Dog and Pretzel kiosk in the same area. This all sort of goes back to the original concept where there was a Casey Jr food service location next to Dumbo.

This also the second permit to mention "D-Zone" which I am guessing is the mystery yellow tent at the back of the expansion. I had been thinking that would be food service, but with all these food carts and thinking that might not be the case.

That other permit for DZONE said "support". I think it will be food service, but primarily as a place to cook and stock all those carts.

Stupido

I mean, I wouldn't let the carts throw you off thinking it'll be a QS spot. Look at Frontierland, they have Pecos Bills, The Golden Oak Outpost, and about three different food carts. All serving different foods which make sense.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I mean, I wouldn't let the carts throw you off thinking it'll be a QS spot. Look at Frontierland, they have Pecos Bills, The Golden Oak Outpost, and about three different food carts. All serving different foods which make sense.

Good point.

tl77

Since there's apparently no blue ten going in the park between Pete's Sideshow and Casey Jr. I'm guessing these rectangles are the food kiosks, but I can't make out what the print says on this photo
LEGEND.jpg

AmongMadPeople

Since there's apparently no blue ten going in the park between Pete's Sideshow and Casey Jr. I'm guessing these rectangles are the food kiosks, but I can't make out what the print says on this photo

There are three other similar rectangles throughout the area. Is there actually anything between Dumbo and Barnstormer where this is located? I didn't see any merchandise or food kiosks in the aerials, and I don't remember from being there. There are two notches in the landscape beds on either side of the steps where these rectangles are placed, so it does look like it's set up to take kiosks without blocking the flow of traffic in the circle. The coloring seems to be the lighter orange like the train station, not the darker orange related to food service. Not sure if this is deliberate or just because they wanted to put some tiny text on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom