Fantasyland Permits

Slugger

From what I've heard is that the new one is expecting to close to fix the issue with the pit being a little bit too small and to fix the knees on the Dumbos... The two Dumbos won't be coordinated to fly together each spinner is its own attraction. Though it would be really cool to have them take off and fly together, it wouldnt be adding much to the hourly capacity.

Tom

Beta Return
From what I've heard is that the new one is expecting to close to fix the issue with the pit being a little bit too small and to fix the knees on the Dumbos... The two Dumbos won't be coordinated to fly together each spinner is its own attraction. Though it would be really cool to have them take off and fly together, it wouldnt be adding much to the hourly capacity.

There will be some sort of system in place that, when both spinner are running, the dispatch times will be coordinated to keep the rides alternating and the line moving as consistently as possible. But again, shouldn't require a shut-down of the first spinner to coordinate the ride and queue system.

Hadn't heard about the pit. What's that about?

Slugger

As of right now, some of the Dumbos are scrapping their knees on the side of the pit. They should be going in and widening it just a little so the knees don't scrape.

Tom

Beta Return
As of right now, some of the Dumbos are scrapping their knees on the side of the pit. They should be going in and widening it just a little so the knees don't scrape.

Yikes. Had no idea. That's pi$$ poor design. It would be like if I had a building and the ductwork was partially below the ceiling. Everyone knows every dimension during design, and they detail it from every angle. How something like that can happen boggles my mind. :brickwall:

Slugger

Yea... The second pit is supposed to be fixed. I'd also expect a soft opening of the second spinner soon. I tweeted a pic this morning on the dumbo fast pass machines which are located at philharmagic..

Tom

Beta Return
Yea... The second pit is supposed to be fixed. I'd also expect a soft opening of the second spinner soon. I tweeted a pic this morning on the dumbo fast pass machines which are located at philharmagic..

Seriously? The Fastpass machines for the NEW Dumbo at the ones at Philharmagic?

nepalostparks

dumbo.png

Seriously though, why have the FP machines over there?

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I think it has to do with the FP+ (or whatever you want to call it.) In the meantime, they can use those machines to allow the benefit of FP.

Tom

Beta Return
Let's be honest, I just want to see what the Fastpasses look like, and then I just want someone to get me 10 of them.

Wow, 10?

View attachment 27901

Seriously though, why have the FP machines over there?

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I think it has to do with the FP+ (or whatever you want to call it.) In the meantime, they can use those machines to allow the benefit of FP.

Ah yes, indeed.

Tom

Beta Return
There was another permit filed today for "Philharmagic Fastpass Package" by a sign company.

Well, since we know Philharmagic doesn't have FP anymore, this must mean they're installing new signage that justifiably attempts to un-confuse guests who have no idea where to find Fastpass kiosks for Pooh and Dumbo.

jumblue

What happened to all that tech they were showing off in the video awhile back, where they could spot materials overlapping/duct work poking out on their fancy iPads?

Are there plans to move these eventually? I can already see the out of breath people showing up at guest relations to complain about racing to the back of the park and not finding FP's there...

Slugger

To be honest I'm not sure. I sure hope they move the machines are moved closer to dumbo. The pooh fast pass machines already confuse everyone already and they think philharmagic is Winnie the Pooh. I've also heard there is going to be a sign near the front of the park saying that dumbos fast passes are located at philharmagic.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting set of permits today issue for Design Communications Ltd, who normally does sign work. The address of the first permit is between the new Dumbo and the merch tent so this might be the entrance marquee for Storybook Circus. The 4th permit is probably all the way in the back around the yellow tent that is now being build. Anyone know what "Dzone" refers to?

1270 Magic Kingdom Dr - Phase III - MK Storybook Area Development

1272 Magic Kingdom Dr - Phase III - MK Storybook Retail (Big Top) Tent

1274 Magic Kingdom Dr - Phase III - MK Storybook Meet & Greet Tent

1293 Magic Kingdom Dr - Phase III - MK Storybook Dzone/Cart Support Tent

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting set of permits today issue for Design Communications Ltd, who normally does sign work. The address of the first permit is between the new Dumbo and the merch tent so this might be the entrance marquee for Storybook Circus. The 4th permit is probably all the way in the back around the yellow tent that is now being build. Anyone know what "Dzone" refers to?

1270 Magic Kingdom Dr - Phase III - MK Storybook Area Development

1272 Magic Kingdom Dr - Phase III - MK Storybook Retail (Big Top) Tent

1274 Magic Kingdom Dr - Phase III - MK Storybook Meet & Greet Tent

1293 Magic Kingdom Dr - Phase III - MK Storybook Dzone/Cart Support Tent

So there IS going to be a third tent? I guess I missed that part. If it's a "support tent" it sounds like a nice way of saying "themed, on-stage storage" for whatever carts they're talking about.

I'm guessing Dzone (Disney zone?) is what they're going to call an area in the very back which may include midway type games. Perhaps what the carts are for.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So there IS going to be a third tent? I guess I missed that part. If it's a "support tent" it sounds like a nice way of saying "themed, on-stage storage" for whatever carts they're talking about.

I'm guessing Dzone (Disney zone?) is what they're going to call an area in the very back which may include midway type games. Perhaps what the carts are for.

There are actually two more tents. Next to Pete's Silly Side show the orange area is a tent that can be seen in the model which is currently under construction. The assumption is that this would be food service, but that is just an educated guess. Maybe that is going to be games and not food. There is a second small blue tent in the model which is in the circular area between J, K and I.

http://.smugmug.com/Walt-Disney-World/Adam-Roths-WDW-519-52012/i-GqSjMPt/0/L/DSC02335-L.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom