Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

Gringrinngghost

They already have park to park transport outside of security in the form of the normal bus routes.

I don't see this as being them wanting to push Minnie Vans but rather as cancelling a service that did not perform as they hoped.
One of the downsides for the service was that it didn't run during storms. Plus, this helps them cut down on how many CMs they'll need.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's why I said 'arguably' as I have personally never had a major issue. Check your attitude a-hole

If you didn't think it had a problem then why did you say "Instead of fixing it across the board, they implemented this alternative express as a quick fix."

It's seems to me pretty clear you thought something was broken.

Are you saying Disney thought it was broken and this is how they fixed it in their minds, but, at the same time, you didn't think anything needed fixing? Which would then put you on the side the bus system is OK as is?

jt04

They already have park to park transport outside of security in the form of the normal bus routes.

I don't see this as being them wanting to push Minnie Vans but rather as cancelling a service that did not perform as they hoped.

They didn't advertise it in any meaningful way. I believe they saw underlying demand for faster service and went with Lyft Instead. :facepalm:

Build a park to park trolley from WS direct to DHS or DHS direct to DAK and you will see just how much demand for convenient park hopping there is.

jt04

Did you expect an apology for the bus system at D23?

Do you think all the bigger and new buses and dedicated bus lanes and the gondola system isn't an admission that they had a problem?

They have a lot more work to do to improve the current situation.

Bolt

What has Disney done to address the unreliable bus system?! NOTHING!

They bought the oversized buses.

What?

I said, they did buy the oversized buses.

Oh, and a fleet of 50 new buses.

Alright then, what has Disney done to address the unreliable bus system except to buy larger and more buses?! NOTHING!

And dedicated bus lanes.

Huh?

They changed all the surrounding roads to have a dedicated bus lane in the local highways and through the parking lots.

Yeah, they even moved the bus station at the Transportation Center directly to the front gate of the Magic Kingdom.

Alright, then... what has Disney done to address the unreliable bus system except to buy larger and more buses and add dedicated bus lanes and more the MK bus stop to the gate?! NOTHING!

Monitors!

Go ahead...

They installed monitors at the bus stops so you know when you're bus is arriving and which bus it will be.

And is that it, now?

The gondolas. Buy moving a good chunk of guests out of the bus system, there will be more buses for everyone else.

Alright, then... what has Disney done to address the unreliable bus system except to buy larger and more buses and add dedicated bus lanes and more the MK bus stop to the gate and added bus monitor and installing a brand new alternative transportation system?! NOTHING!

Minnie Vans...
Stop using logic, it really bothers people!

When they announced this, people were upset it was exposing backstage areas and removing buses from existing routes. Now that it's leaving, I assume people want Farewell merchandise and last ride experiences on the routes.

halltd

Would you have liked it better if it was voluntary?
Huh? It was voluntary. Lol. Just because it was "optional" doesn't preclude it from being well done.

I would have liked it if it had been implemented properly instead of taking guests backstage in undesirable locations. I would have liked it if it wasn't using sandwich boards for signage. Etc, etc, etc.....

Do something right, or don't do it.

Thumper 32

Pet peeve alert:

I've seen a lot of this around the various sites as people react to the news. If you're going to complain about the cost difference, please compare apples to apples. The express transportation costs were per person. Whereas the minnie vans are per vehicle.

If you have a family of four, your express bus day was $80, not $20.

WWWD

We used this last March for a week and it was a fast way to park hop - no going through security after the first park. Sad to see it leave, because for the price point, we would have used it for every future trip. Now the Minni Vans will be nice for resort to resort transportation, but using it as much as we used Express Transportation would cost a small fortune.

jt04

Huh? It was voluntary. Lol. Just because it was "optional" doesn't preclude it from being well done.

I would have liked it if it had been implemented properly instead of taking guests backstage in undesirable locations. I would have liked it if it wasn't using sandwich boards for signage. Etc, etc, etc.....

Do something right, or don't do it.

I do think it was a good interim solution until something more permanent could be installed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why bother quoting me if you are too stupid to read what I originally wrote? See below, I can read it out loud if reading comprehension is a struggle for you. I truly despise people who lack an ability to interpret. Maybe you should stick to waiting tables in chalk drawings instead of debating on a discussion forum?

I'm quoting you because what you wrote is internally inconsistent.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think all the things listed until it got to the Minnie Vans was them admitting they had a problem.
Did you expect an apology for the bus system at D23?

Do you think all the bigger and new buses and dedicated bus lanes and the gondola system isn't an admission that they had a problem?

Disney hasn't acknowledged the issue with the people that matter - the customers they are failing.

Changes are trying... yet Disney continues to fail to deliver and the only thing endusers see is more paid options from Disney to 'enhance' their experience. A problem that shouldn't be present to start with

epcotfan

I bought park hoppers for my upcoming trip specifically because of this offered service. I'm travelling with my mom who requires a wheelchair (bad arthritis) and I thought we could get around easier without having to go through security multiple times. I wish I'd purchased base tickets now. I'm ed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom