Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

UKDisney Dave

Gutted. Was planing on using this to max effect in a few weeks time!

The mini van thing is far more expensive, and you still have to go to park entrance each time.

Sonconato

Yes, I was at Animal Kingdom yesterday and a cast member told me it was going away. The cast member also told me that there were big changes ahead, and not the ones mentioned at D23. I wish I knew what they were. Does anyone know?

PanInFlight

With construction about to start at MK and now with Guardians about to start at Epcot it's going to be in the way. So my guess is that is why it's closing. May come back once all is complete way down the road. Could have been a test for something later on too.

Mark P.

Well to be fair, this was their answer to the (arguably) unreliable bus system. Instead of fixing it across the board, they implemented this alternative express as a quick fix.
Can't argue with you there, though (not that it needs to be said) expanding transportation options doesn't need to be a zero-sum game. (I'm mostly annoyed it won't be around for me to take advantage of in November during Food & Wine.)

Gringrinngghost

Let's face the fact, they want you to use the minnie vans. 20 for a day or 30 for a week was a steal. I've used it once 4 times in a day, the $20 was well worth it, but if it was the minnie vans they would of gotten 4x that amount (if I was willing to pay)... it's just a way to milk more money out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well to be fair, this was their answer to the (arguably) unreliable bus system. Instead of fixing it across the board, they implemented this alternative express as a quick fix.

What has Disney done to address the unreliable bus system?! NOTHING!

They bought the oversized buses.

What?

I said, they did buy the oversized buses.

Oh, and a fleet of 50 new buses.

Alright then, what has Disney done to address the unreliable bus system except to buy larger and more buses?! NOTHING!

And dedicated bus lanes.

Huh?

They changed all the surrounding roads to have a dedicated bus lane in the local highways and through the parking lots.

Yeah, they even moved the bus station at the Transportation Center directly to the front gate of the Magic Kingdom.

Alright, then... what has Disney done to address the unreliable bus system except to buy larger and more buses and add dedicated bus lanes and move the MK bus stop to the gate?! NOTHING!

Monitors!

Go ahead...

They installed monitors at the bus stops so you know when you're bus is arriving and which bus it will be.

And is that it, now?

The gondolas. By moving a good chunk of guests out of the bus system, there will be more buses for everyone else.

Alright, then... what has Disney done to address the unreliable bus system except to buy larger and more buses and add dedicated bus lanes and move the MK bus stop to the gate and added bus monitors and installing a brand new alternative transportation system?! NOTHING!

Minnie Vans...

Last edited:

Creathir

Let's face the fact, they want you to use the minnie vans. 20 for a day or 30 for a week was a steal. I've used it once 4 times in a day, the $20 was well worth it, but if it was the minnie vans they would of gotten 4x that amount (if I was willing to pay)... it's just a way to milk more money out.
They already have park to park transport outside of security in the form of the normal bus routes.

I don't see this as being them wanting to push Minnie Vans but rather as cancelling a service that did not perform as they hoped.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Alright, then... what has Disney done to address the unreliable bus system except to buy larger and more buses and add dedicated bus lanes and more the MK bus stop to the gate and added bus monitor and installing a brand new alternative transportation system?! NOTHING!

Minnie Vans...

Step 1 is acknowledging you have a problem... Disney hasn't.

monykalyn

I used this with my son one day this week - we hopped to all four parks - got a fastpass for a ride in every park too- nearly everything except the still hard to get ones were available (7DMT, FoP, FEA). Was totally worth the experience but there was never more than a half dozen people on a bus. Even the CMs didn't think it was going to last even though all the riders said it was a great service.

Definitely longer waits for busses coming and going from SSR thanwe experienced at CSR this week. One night at AK we watched four blizzard beach busses come and go before a single SSR bus came (and that was flashing BB but changed as it pulled up and saw empty queue at BB stop)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom