Expedition Everest effects status watch

Yodadudeman

It should bother you. Disney is all about the extra details, theming, and story - which all goes together to elevate a Disney ride above your typical amusement park ride.
I just don't let it get to me. Its broken. Doesn't look like its going to get fixed soon. So I enjoy the ride for what it is. In my opinion it still is a very themed ride and a step above other theme parks. Disney is doing so much to spruce up their parks. If this minior detail waits a little bit, ah well. :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Alright so I know I could get stoned for this, especially on this forum, but I don't really see the big deal with the missing/disco/broken/slightly functional yeti. I'm sure the ride would be better with a fully operational yeti, but I can't say it bothers me in the slightest. Its still a really fun ride. I would rather see that horrible "laughing place" sequence in Splash Mountain fixed. Now THAT is horrible...
Disney could always just remove the scene. After all it would still be a fun ride.:D

Tom Morrow

Except that is a fully realized scene that takes over a minute to travel through, giving you plenty of time to take in everything.

You fly past the yeti in 3 seconds whether it is moving or not.

I don't want to downplay the importance of fixing the yeti, but I want to shoot down the internet hyperbole that the ride is destroyed without it.

FettFan

I don't want to downplay the importance of fixing the yeti, but I want to shoot down the internet hyperbole that the ride is destroyed without it.

Not destroyed....but having been on Everest both when the Yeti was fully operational and when it was turned off and lit with a strobe, I can attest that there is DEFINITELY a difference and that difference is really disappointing.

EpcoTim

Except that is a fully realized scene that takes over a minute to travel through, giving you plenty of time to take in everything.

You fly past the yeti in 3 seconds whether it is moving or not.

Yes, you have shot down internet hyperbole along with changing the opinion of thousands of fans, all with this single post. Your opinion has has sent shock waves through the fan community and everyone has adjusted their thoughts accordingly. The internet thanks you, as does Customer Relations. Thank you.

luv

It should bother you. Disney is all about the extra details, theming, and story - which all goes together to elevate a Disney ride above your typical amusement park ride.
ITA. If all we care about is the actual ride, there are a gazillion coasters in this country alone that are much better than EE.

Disney is about the extras, the details, the whole enchilada.

And it isn't just about the Yeti on the ride. The queue and the entire area leading up to the ride are themed around those two seconds. ALL of it is almost pointless without a working Yeti.

invader

Disney cut back all of the Bamboo at the beginning of the ride. You can clearly see the vehicle building from the coaster's load area.

thelookingglass

Disney cut back all of the Bamboo at the beginning of the ride. You can clearly see the vehicle building from the coaster's load area.
I mentioned this in the thread a few weeks ago, but I went back today and rode again and it looks even worse than from when I mentioned it. You can see all of backstage, and the entire ride from leaving the station to the 2nd lift was once a dense bamboo jungle and is now completely barren.

MattC

Rode 3 times today. Saw the Yeti more today than I have in 2 years. Obviously still not moving, but seems it had more light on it today. Or I may have hit it just right 3 times.

IWant2GoNow

Never underestimate the power of social media nowadays. WDW on their official FB page has a picture post daring people to face the Yeti. LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS! I went through with my own FB page (weRyde) & posted a comment, "Like"d a bunch of other comments concerning the Yeti needing fixed that others had left, as well as posting on weRyde a link to a blog that I wrote with a picture of my avatar asking for "Like"s & "Share"s. I highly doubt anything will come of it, but it doesn't take long to comment & with things being shifted within the company this may be a great time to bring it to the front of their minds again! Please... yes, the ride is still a good coaster, but this AA NEEDS to be in working order again to complete the full Disney experience!

jlevis

Rode EE twice yesterday, FWIW all waterfalls were flowing. Don't know why they cut back all the bamboo but it is one of the fastest growing grasses.

Tom Morrow

Never underestimate the power of social media nowadays. WDW on their official FB page has a picture post daring people to face the Yeti. LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS! I went through with my own FB page (weRyde) & posted a comment, "Like"d a bunch of other comments concerning the Yeti needing fixed that others had left, as well as posting on weRyde a link to a blog that I wrote with a picture of my avatar asking for "Like"s & "Share"s. I highly doubt anything will come of it, but it doesn't take long to comment & with things being shifted within the company this may be a great time to bring it to the front of their minds again! Please... yes, the ride is still a good coaster, but this AA NEEDS to be in working order again to complete the full Disney experience!
Look at the vast majority of the comments, and there is your answer as to why they aren't fixing it.

afar28

Rode twice today. Steam effect working, both waterfalls working, no bird at end of track and as usual, yeti not moving having just a flashing light on it

LithiumBill

I've never ridden EE when the yeti was working... I love the ride, it's a great fun coaster. I'd love to see it without DISCO YETI, but it would not stop me from riding. AK has a bigger problem with me and my family, there is not enough to do overall - when we ask the kids the always ask if we can go in the morning, ride EE and DINO and then hop back to MK...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom