Expedition Everest effects status watch

novawildcat18

The average Disney guest has no clue about anything. It's a minor miracle some of them can even handle getting in the park. Disney shouldn't use their lack of knowledge as an excuse
But wouldn't the average Disney guest enjoy seeing a fully working Yeti also? It adds to the overall experience. I don't see how/why this turned into an argument. We all think the Yeti should be fixed. I just feel that the Yeti should be a top priority because it adds a whole lot to the experience.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Isn't the story about an expedition to encounter the Yeti? The whole queue is filled with Yeti artifacts and supposed pictures, I think the story lends itself to encounter the Yeti face-to-face, and no, the silhouette little video thing of him does not count. It takes away a huge portion of the thrill because my whole body coursed with adrenaline when I saw that gigantic monster swing his enormous fist at our car as we passed underneath him, narrowly escaping.
Technically not. You are taking a train to the base camp used for climbing Everest when things go wrong.

muse1983

When we rode in May of this year the Yeti appeared to be covering his face in shame....poor little guy.

If I remember correctly, about a year ago the Yeti had a tarp covering him for a couple of weeks. Does anyone have a clue what that was all about??

Tom

Beta Return
When we rode in May of this year the Yeti appeared to be covering his face in shame....poor little guy.

If I remember correctly, about a year ago the Yeti had a tarp covering him for a couple of weeks. Does anyone have a clue what that was all about??

To hide his shame.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Of course it is. He's the climax of the story.

The bamboo was chopped last week for H&S reasons. A little bit too much was chopped.
But it is bamboo which is one of the fastest growing plants on the planet. It won't be bare long, especially considering the amount of rain central Florida has been getting lately.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But it is bamboo which is one of the fastest growing plants on the planet. It won't be bare long, especially considering the amount of rain central Florida has been getting lately.
Yup. It was cut due to concerns it could topple, with floodlights still in the minds of AMs. Just a little too much for the short term.

yfd326

Missed going on this ride last month. It was closed for most of the day during my trip in June. Ran there as soon as we got in the park.

pumpkin7

Just throwing this out there:
The yeti is female.
You folks are gonna make her feel bad.

stupid question but how do you know that?

and i'm probably going to get bashed for this but for the average guest, i do not think the fact that the yeti doesn't move HER arm or lunge forward make a great deal of difference. i rode EE for the first time in august 2010 and i did not know she was broken, and she still scared the crap out of me. i remember actually ducking in my seat to get away from her! so yes she's big, yes she's expensive, yes she's a good example of someone not double checking their maths, but she still does her job. if you were an average guest and not in the know, you would not know she wasn't working; only maybe if the disco lights go out but you know. i'd say that is one of the reasons she hasn't been fixed.
please don't bash me for this, i'm just looking at it from another view.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
stupid question but how do you know that?
I looked up her dress.
Actually it's just something that the CMs working there know that I've heard through the grapevine. I don't know if it's official, but I figure that they, if anyone, get to assign a gender to it if it hasn't be officiated by the Imagineers.

KaneMarko

I just assume the Yeti will never be returned back to his/her original glory. A good point is made that people not in the know don't really lose anything. But, those of us who did experience him/her in it's orginal glory know how spectacular it once was.

But, the issue has been going on for some years now. And it doesn't seem like Disney is in any hurry to find and implement a permanent fix. So I just assume this is the way it's going to be. It's still a great ride and all. But the fully functioning yeti gave it that little extra that set it apart from "regular" thrill rides.

SinginSarah

Went last week. Rode it twice. I told my sister it was broken before we went on the ride. After the first ride she said, "It didn't look broken to me." Which of course then I had to explain that it's supposed to MOVE, not just sit there with a strobe. My niece didn't even see it the first time, but she's only 5 and didn't know where it was supposed to be. She did see it the second time, or so she claimed to.

They probably won't fix it because 90% of the guests don't even realize it's broken, and "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Yodadudeman

Alright so I know I could get stoned for this, especially on this forum, but I don't really see the big deal with the missing/disco/broken/slightly functional yeti. I'm sure the ride would be better with a fully operational yeti, but I can't say it bothers me in the slightest. Its still a really fun ride. I would rather see that horrible "laughing place" sequence in Splash Mountain fixed. Now THAT is horrible...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Alright so I know I could get stoned for this, especially on this forum, but I don't really see the big deal with the missing/disco/broken/slightly functional yeti. I'm sure the ride would be better with a fully operational yeti, but I can't say it bothers me in the slightest. Its still a really fun ride. I would rather see that horrible "laughing place" sequence in Splash Mountain fixed. Now THAT is horrible...
It should bother you. Disney is all about the extra details, theming, and story - which all goes together to elevate a Disney ride above your typical amusement park ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom