Expedition Everest Challenge

Mr mom

looking at this but 110 is a lot for such a simple( or at least appears to be simple) challenge. My flight plans have changed and I will be in Orlando on may 3rd, but not at disney.

Goofytech9

I really want to do this race in 2013. Can anybody give me some advice since this will be my first Disney race/ Race Ever! I have been running on a treadmill, and running outside to prepare for running, but I understand that this has an obstacle course. Any advice will be good! Thanks!!

imagination30

the everst challange is a 5k around animal kingdom , followed by the secxond half which is a scavager hunt , with maini obstacals .. here is my fb friend adam .. and he reviews the everest challange!

Nmoody1

I've never done a Disney run, but I'm thinking about starting to train for one - and I'll need to start with a smaller race, this sounds fun - can anyone take part ie, I've never run before and not sure if I'd be able to run the whole 5k.... Any thoughts?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
They have a family challenge too. Participants only need to be 4. I wonder what that is like? Anyone done the family before?

Just read it again the family edition is new this year. If anyone does it I would love to know how it goes with kids.

Lexxweb

Just signed up with a friend of mine. Can't wait, this will be my first RUNdisney! We're also signing up for the Twilight Zone one in October once that becomes available.

melflip8

Signed up for Everest as well...watch out for Team Speeding Beauties. :p For all the RunDisney first timers, you'll LOVE it. This one, the inaugural, was my first RunDisney ever and now I'm going for Coast to Coast Half Marathon's this year! Excited to run with some fellow WDW Magicers!

Lexxweb

...less than a month away. Who's officially going now? I haven't been training lately, I need to get my act together. Don't want the RUNDisney van to stop and pick me up :p

SkirRanger

I'm heading down to Disney from Syracuse just for the weekend to do this race! Very excited! Can anyone tell me if I should wear my good running shoes or should I wear my shoes that I don't mind getting muddy or wet. Not sure what type of obstacles are on the course. Would rather run in my better shoes but don't want to ruin them!
Thanks
Keith

Mad Stitch

I'm heading down to Disney from Syracuse just for the weekend to do this race! Very excited! Can anyone tell me if I should wear my good running shoes or should I wear my shoes that I don't mind getting muddy or wet. Not sure what type of obstacles are on the course. Would rather run in my better shoes but don't want to ruin them!
Thanks
Keith

You can wear your good shoes, you won't ruin them. The obstacles are hay bales and tires. This isn't a Warrior Dash.

farrellbarrel

I was alittle late for the 2013 one, but I hope that I can do the 2014!! It looks like so much fun!!! good luck to all running this year, I want TRs and lots of info on it!

Lexxweb

Well this is a bit late...

It was the most fun I've had all year. In fact, the most fun I've had in a while. Disney puts on quite a show at their races and I did NOT see that coming. Can't wait to do it again this year, highly recommended!

surfsupdon

Well I am signed up as of today.

It's the least challenging race for me, but I missed out on January for a wedding so I needed my runDisney fix before Wine&Dine.

First time at Animal Kingdom Lodge too, so that's kind of cool. Kind of. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom