News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

aladdin2007

For a portion of I see the Light...but not the finale is small enough or the entrance of I see the light.. The entrance of I see the Light is exactly like Out There from Hunchback Of Notre Dame segment in Harmonious and they didn't cut off budget then.

Heartbeat Symphony or Beating of Our Hearts? Beating of Our Hearts trends to become too gospel like The Blue Skies Sunshine in Harmonious.
yes beating of our hearts and agree

180º

Pyro update!
The comets during the "I See the Light" and finale segments were replaced with shorter tails. Also now has a brighter star.
(Old/New)
View attachment 767174
View attachment 767175

These are the same comets used in the lagoon cannon perimeters. Typically shorter tail'd pyro are cheaper (similar to HEA's finale cuts), so this could be a cutback..
Personally, I prefer the old/original comets as their effect is more grand, especially in the finale.

Comparison video I made. The change happened sometime over the past weekend (best guess 2/4 from various IG posts).

Surprised at all the negative reactions toward this. I hope it’s a permanent change. One of my few gripes with the pyro of Luminous was that it way overused the perimeters during this segment and spoiled their effect in the finale.

TrainsOfDisney

Surprised at all the negative reactions toward this. I hope it’s a permanent change. One of my few gripes with the pyro of Luminous was that it way overused the perimeters during this segment and spoiled their effect in the finale.
no, that’s a different change because of wind. That’s why I asked if they just used the other comets because of wind and was told the other style was also used when the full show was used.

Illuminations had these “windy day” locations for the perimeters as well.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Way used during I see the Light segment? I agree I don't feel as nice as it is is necessary during the I see the Light section nor having it there and launched twice. Looks to me you rather have them launched at the end in a surprised effect like they did them only at the very end in a whole new world.

Disney Analyst

Pyro update!
The comets during the "I See the Light" and finale segments were replaced with shorter tails. Also now has a brighter star.
(Old/New)
View attachment 767174
View attachment 767175

These are the same comets used in the lagoon cannon perimeters. Typically shorter tail'd pyro are cheaper (similar to HEA's finale cuts), so this could be a cutback..
Personally, I prefer the old/original comets as their effect is more grand, especially in the finale.

Comparison video I made. The change happened sometime over the past weekend (best guess 2/4 from various IG posts).

This could very well be a supply thing. We’ve seen them swap pyro before until stock comes back in.

gerarar

Premium Member
This could very well be a supply thing. We’ve seen them swap pyro before until stock comes back in.
I would tend to agree, but we are still currently stuck with the downgraded comet pyro used for the lagoon perimeters, in which this swap happened way back during Harmonious's run around Nov-Dec 2022.
Doesn't bode well when these swaps happen imo.

Smaller in width, and has a shorter tail. Also quieter.
(Old/New)
1707360191655.png

1707360207039.png

My original post on it:
When did they downgrade the perimeters? I haven't been following the show much ever since MWCTF and F! returned, but man those perimeters were definitely changed out sometime in the last month-ish.

They're now "smaller" in terms of size and have a shorter tail. They also now have a bright star at the end, like any old comet you would normally see. Also when they fire, the "sound" is more muffled/softer, which leads me to believe these new ones are inferior. The new ones do fly quicker, which means they're lighter projectiles.

Original perimeters:
View attachment 689533
View attachment 689536

New perimeters:
View attachment 689534
View attachment 689535

Squishy

I would tend to agree, but we are still currently stuck with the downgraded comet pyro used for the lagoon perimeters, in which this swap happened way back during Harmonious's run around Nov-Dec 2022.

(Old/New)
View attachment 767339
View attachment 767340

My original post on it:
Didn't illuminations use these comets?

180º

no, that’s a different change because of wind. That’s why I asked if they just used the other comets because of wind and was told the other style was also used when the full show was used.

Illuminations had these “windy day” locations for the perimeters as well.
Ah, gotcha. The shorter tails on the vertical ones I could take or leave! I’d still say scrap the perimeters in this segment.

Starship824

In the Parks
No

(Old/New)
View attachment 767339
View attachment 767340

My original post on it:
Call me crazy but I like the newer ones better.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
At least we haven’t arrived at the February 2022 version of Harmonious with EF and ROE pyro. I don’t think they have exactly landed on what pyro they want to actually use yet consistently for the show, based on all these relatively quick changes.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Makes me now even curious if they downgraded the perimeter pyros in Epcot Forever. Like 180° said instead of too many perimeter pyros have the best and large ones for the finale in surprise form. Even if Harmonious downgraded the tails that finale of Someday still had infinity amounts of perimeter pyros. Now they haven't downgraded the welcome pyros have they not.. I love all you firework geeks as well, learn stuff I wouldn't even knownn about! Kachow!

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

Makes me now even curious if they downgraded the perimeter pyros in Epcot Forever. Like 180° said instead of too many perimeter pyros have the best and large ones for the finale in surprise form. Even if Harmonious downgraded the tails that finale of Someday still had infinity amounts of perimeter pyros. Now they haven't downgraded the welcome pyros have they not.. I love all you firework geeks as well, learn stuff I wouldn't even knownn about! Kachow!
When it comes to the parks one thing I don't play about is the firework shows. They're one of the most important parts of a parks identity to me as far as Disney parks go

dmc493

is there a lot of supply chain volatility in the fireworks market? Just wondering if that ever ends up being the reason they use different pyro.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom