News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Chef idea Mickey`=

Wow I remember seeing this but then forgotten about it only then focused on the Epcot Preview one. It strikes me how everything doesn't look disco rainbow octopus and that compass looks round screen makes you think of the Illumination's Globe and instead it opens up this one breaks open by turning. However this could just be a presentation... it also looks somehow like the taco shells rotate around and not just sit there... if so there's a lot of turning for everyone to see wherever they stood or am I dreaming... 😆

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Do any of you remember the ‘leak’ of the supposed version of We Go On from Harmonious?

The only copy that was uploaded to YouTube is unlisted right now.

That D23 video is bringing back so many little memories of that nightmare’s development.

Epcot82Guy

How dare Disney not have a way to control the weather!!

While I understand your point, there was virtually no wind last night. I saw I:ROE dozens of times with much higher winds than last night with full perimeters.

If this is a safety issue, then there may be a design issue if it's unable to operate in Florida under fairly typical conditions.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
While I understand your point, there was virtually no wind last night. I saw I:ROE dozens of times with much higher winds than last night with full perimeters.

If this is a safety issue, then there may be a design issue if it's unable to operate in Florida under fairly typical conditions.
The wind on the ground is much different from the wind just a mere few feet above our heads.

TrainsOfDisney

Did the alternate perimeters go off? The ones within the lagoon?

TrainsOfDisney

Yes. Again, I think we have our "mode" confusion.

To be specific - the show went off in it's "non-perimeter" mode. Not the "non-pyro" mode.
No I’m not confused - that just tells us that it was planned, maybe higher winds were forecast?

There are times (back to illuminations) where the perimeters are not set off because of safety issues - since the launch points are so close to guest areas. This is often a last minute decision for safety. That’s different than the alternate launch points be used because of weather forecasts.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
CoYes. Again, I think we have our "mode" confusion.

To be specific - the show went off in it's "non-perimeter" mode. Not the "non-pyro" mode.
Us trying to figure out which “mode” each show plays every night. Is it mode A, B, B.2, C, or C.2

Starship824

In the Parks
No
No I’m not confused - that just tells us that it was planned, maybe higher winds were forecast?

There are times (back to illuminations) where the perimeters are not set off because of safety issues - since the launch points are so close to guest areas. This is often a last minute decision for safety. That’s different than the alternate launch points be used because of weather forecasts.
Ok, so what would you like them to do? Risk catching something on fire again (Harmonious) , or do the pyro in the middle. At least they're doing it. For Harmonious EF and ROE there was just no pyro. Imo this is better.

Epcot82Guy

Ok, so what would you like them to do? Risk catching something on fire again (Harmonious) , or do the pyro in the middle. At least they're doing it. For Harmonious EF and ROE there was just no pyro. Imo this is better.

I'm a bit confused too, as I wonder if you meant to quote me. I'm also not quite sure I understand the HARM reference. The fireworks in question were the perimeters around the lagoon. They are actually farther away from the infrastructure than the "b-mode" for that effect - which takes off directly from the barges. So, b-mode is technically a greater risk for a HARM-type fire. And, all the other pyro went off as planned from the barges. (I will note a major firework went off from the barge (on the lake), and there was no obvious damage. So, (hopefully) great engineering there.)

Obviously, there is a greater audience risk from around the perimeter. But, they have been in use for 25 years (noting the updated hardware post IROE).

Andrew25

No perimeters again on the 13th. I've seen the show 4 times over the past 2 months and have yet to ever see the perimeter fireworks. I dislike this trend a lot.

Damn, you must seriously have the worst luck. I've been fortunate enough to see the show around 12 times and last night was the first time I saw them not do the perimeter fireworks. At least "b-mode" has something, Harmonious would just outright skip them.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Do any of you remember the ‘leak’ of the supposed version of We Go On from Harmonious?

The only copy that was uploaded to YouTube is unlisted right now.

That D23 video is bringing back so many little memories of that nightmare’s development.
I think I know what your referring to a leak from the original supposed finale audio that was then moved to the intro.

gerarar

Premium Member
There's been pyro cuts happening recently to the finale of Luminous.

Essentially sequences that had 6 small shells were slashed in half to just 3 or 4 shells.
The airtime on the crosette comets were reduced, making their effect less noticeable imo.

Sad to see these cuts (already) happening to the show when it's barely a month old at this point. Hopefully it's not budget related, but not looking good regardless..

Here's a comparison video I made showing the various cuts over the past couple weeks.

And here's some timestamps:
0:21 "Sound, it's in all that we are" – green crosette comets have a shorter burn/airtime (Changed around Jan 3)
0:33 "It's the beating of our hearts" – 6 green shells to 3 shells (Changed around Dec 29)
0:43 "...every beat aligns" – 6 red shells cut to 4 shells (Changed around Jan 10)
0:52 "The echo of our hearts" – 6 green shells cut to 3 shells (Changed around Dec 29)
1:19 "Feel it in the beat" – red crosette comets have a shorter burn/airtime (Changed around Jan 3)

Update on this.

The small green shells have been further cut from 6 down to 2 shells now (-66%). Not really sure what or why, but it looks really bare now.

The small red shells have been consistently back to 6 shells now, so that's at least good.

The comets during I See the Light and finale are still using smaller tails with the brighter star.

Epcot82Guy

Damn, you must seriously have the worst luck. I've been fortunate enough to see the show around 12 times and last night was the first time I saw them not do the perimeter fireworks. At least "b-mode" has something, Harmonious would just outright skip them.

Thanks for the update! If it is indeed just bad timing on my part, that's totally fair. I just wouldn't want to see the pyro effects budget cut. As the show really does kinda need those wow moments IMHO to feel complete.

trainplane3

No perimeters again on the 13th. I've seen the show 4 times over the past 2 months and have yet to ever see the perimeter fireworks. I dislike this trend a lot.
Meanwhile on the 10th they were running:
g2dvMME.jpg

And for funsies:
jfl7y3f.gif

Update on this.

The small green shells have been further cut from 6 down to 2 shells now (-66%). Not really sure what or why, but it looks really bare now.

The small red shells have been consistently back to 6 shells now, so that's at least good.

The comets during I See the Light and finale are still using smaller tails with the brighter star.
Which greens?

BvBlZ0u.jpg

hKchhJv.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom