News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

OSUPhantom

Early reviews from in park guests are apparently the strongest Epcot has enjoyed in many years. I suspect the show designers will be toasting the New Year once they finish working through expected early bugs.
For Epcot in general or Luminous in particular? I’d love to hear more.

ToTBellHop

For Epcot in general or Luminous in particular? I’d love to hear more.
Luminous. Any critiques have been voiced here but there are not any universal complaints like Harm and EF saw. So one family may say one part doesn’t work for them and another might mention another. I think that makes a successful show since there’s something for everyone and Harm’s fatal flaws are gone.

Disone

I had thought about this too. Kinda like how MK is gonna use Enchantment for After Hours events. What if they used a slightly re-imagined Harmonious that doesn’t need screens for special events.
I was thinking more of what I'd they recreated illuminations reflections of Earth using the hardware from luminous. And maybe perhaps for special events only..

so many of you want to see drones used up Walt Disney World and here I think is an opportunity. Use them to replace the role of the globe in this new updated version of reflection of Earth.

Nahhhhhh.

jrhwdw

Early reviews from in park guests are apparently the strongest Epcot has enjoyed in many years. I suspect the show designers will be toasting the New Year once they finish working through expected early bugs.

Also, according to the show, World Showcase has 12 pavilions. Who cares if one sells hotdogs and not much else?! Karibuni!

Give it a Lion King spinner and we are good.
Do we think any tweaks will be made before 2024?

I do think Luminous deserves the 11:30 timeslot on NYE. Hopefully Epcot agrees...

Disney Analyst

Probably a dumb question, but does anyone know. Does each platform have a crew member on board during the show, potentially below the highest point of the barge, in some sort of "bunker"?

I see a control panel of some sort there, and with the fire extinguishers on board, it makes me think each one would have a crew of some sort onboard? Or are the fire extinguishers strictly there in case they are loading pyro and something goes wrong?

Now that I think about it... it's probably just there for when the vessels are manned, but you wouldn't want anyone on board if something went horribly wrong during the show ...

pigglewiggle

Also, according to the show, World Showcase has 12 pavilions. Who cares if one sells hotdogs and not much else?! Karibuni!

Give it a Lion King spinner and we are good.

That's a good feeling. I bet they are proud. As they should be.

jmvd20

My wife and I will be flying down in a few days, the weather forecast is calling for some rather windy conditions. We have been very lucky the past several times we were at WDW as the weather was as close to perfect as you can get for central Florida. Do wind gusts of 20-30MPH cause show cancellations at Epcot or MK? I know rain isn't an issue as we've watched ROE and Wishes in rain before but I can honestly say I do not recall wind speeds and gusts on our previous trips effecting the shows.

Brian

My wife and I will be flying down in a few days, the weather forecast is calling for some rather windy conditions. We have been very lucky the past several times we were at WDW as the weather was as close to perfect as you can get for central Florida. Do wind gusts of 20-30MPH cause show cancellations at Epcot or MK? I know rain isn't an issue as we've watched ROE and Wishes in rain before but I can honestly say I do not recall wind speeds and gusts on our previous trips effecting the shows.
No, but some pyro may be cut depending on wind speed and direction. The "cannons" on the bank of World Showcase lagoon, and the castle pyro come to mind as examples.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom