News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TheMaxRebo

View attachment 758132

Ackchyually guys it's ALL technically IP!

1702134864002.png

LittleBuford

Saw the show last night for myself. Crowds were a lot stronger than I expected and we were just barely able to make ourselves a spot in Canada for the show. I camped myself out on a trash can and patiently waited.
Thanks for sharing your experience. How many minutes before the show would you say the good spots filled up?

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for sharing your experience. How many minutes before the show would you say the good spots filled up?
From my experience with the first 4 nights, people have started lining up at the railing around 7. If you want a good spot, pick either the left or right side of the lagoon. Italy/American Adventure are mobbed by the extended queue for Candlelight until 9.

EPCOT has a show worth lining up for again 🥺

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Last night at about 45 minutes preshow there were rail spots still available on the bridge between England and France. With the temps and wind and me stupid enough to not bring a lite jacket I had to give up a prime spot to hit a Joffreys and ended up watching from next to the steps by the pagoda in Japan. At the rail it was about five deep in that area. I find this show to be easily viewable further away from the rail but Im 6”2 so it might not be for others without the gift of height.

gerarar

Premium Member
Some finale pyro changes from the debut/first night.

When everything goes dark and the narrator says "In the Great Symphony of Us" in the finale, the comet with the long tail used to be launched as she said Symphony, but now it launches after the word Symphony and right before of Us.
Hard to say which timing is better, but I think the new change fits more since the pause after Symphony is much longer. I timestamp'd the videos below to show the slight change.

In the Great Symphony...(boom)...of Us

Comparison, opening night (12/5):

Last night (12/9):

Also as previously mentioned, the final low-firework on the central barge was delayed a second so its impact and visual is better seen and heard, which is a plus. Glad the show's being tweaked as performances happen!

LittleBuford

Last night at about 45 minutes preshow there were rail spots still available on the bridge between England and France. With the temps and wind and me stupid enough to not bring a lite jacket I had to give up a prime spot to hit a Joffreys and ended up watching from next to the steps by the pagoda in Japan. At the rail it was about five deep in that area. I find this show to be easily viewable further away from the rail but Im 6”2 so it might not be for others without the gift of height.
Thanks—this is really helpful!

SplashJacket

Can confirm, showed up to the bridge around 9:05 yesterday. Passed a lot of packed spots but the bridge was surprisingly light. Got a direct view (between heads) behind 3 rows of people where I had no trouble watching the show.

Disone

Last night (12/9):

Also as previously mentioned, the final low-firework on the central barge was delayed a second so its impact and visual is better seen and heard, which is a plus. Glad the show's being tweaked as performances happen!

I think they need to tweak Walt's voice as well. I really want to hear Walt's voice say welcome but right now it's too close to the boom of the lagoons perimeter fireworks. A little dramatic pause between those two things would be helpful. I don't care if it's fireworks first and then welcome or welcome pause and then fireworks but they're too close together right now to truly appreciate that it's Walt saying welcome.

My other other quibble, and this will be harder to fix, mid show she says something about our lives becoming a "duet" and Segway into the next song but it's NOT a duet. It's So Close, and odd choice considering Disney has a wealth of romantic duets to choose from.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My first time watching the fireworks partially obscured because of trees all along the banks in front of Canada. That will have to be another post to deal with that. Anyway, because the fireworks are partially obscured for me I focused on The Fountains and The Fountains by themselves were perfectly good show.

last night I purposely watch the show four people back to see how that would look. And that's because with illumination if you are three or four people back very often you can't see the globe which is the heart of the show on the lake. And that's been my biggest complaint about illuminations that so much is happening on the lake that people who aren't in the front row of the shore really can't see what's happening.

And so for people back my view of the fireworks was skewered, but, the genius of this setup is how wide it is. So despite some heads in the way I was able to see about 1/3 of The Fountains because of how wide that is.

So, seeing the show Mostly as fireworks without it being occluded by trees, the show works as a standalone firework show without the fountains. So, The Fountains and the fireworks each by themselves are great show and together it's excellent!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom