News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

EvilChameleon

I found the show to be quite enjoyable except for the already maligned "everyone dies!" segment. The hearts firing off from all the barges was a definite wow moment.

denyuntilcaught

Adding my completely random and unsolicited thoughts to the mix:
  • The pyro design is stunning and, as others have noted, builds upon itself versus growing redundant. The opening and finale really blew me away.
  • Speaking of finale, the hearts were sweet, as well as that moment of narration when she says "The symphony..." (single flare) "...of Us" (parameters with swelling of music). That latter moment caused tears to well in my eyes.
  • The Coco + Epcot and When She Loved Me + Remember Me melodies were masterfully blended. That said, I continue to hate, hate, hate the IP mandate. Disney movie songs at Epcot just don't sound right to me.
  • I actually found the In Memorium bit to be quite poignant.
  • Overall, significant improvement over EF and Harmonious. Really plays at the heart strings with a smart, gorgeous concept that I think does the best it can given the parameters.
All in all, my favorite EPCOT show post-ROE.

Ayla

What confuses me is that spaceship earth is a part of the show so your really not getting the same show around the lake unless the timing was off and it wasn’t supposed to come on because the Christmas tree lit as well.
Yeah, I did not get why the Xmas tree all of the sudden lit up.

J4546

communicore and tianas bayou adv should be opening in 2024. After that, gonna have a couple years off before anything new is built. Thats just how it goes though

Animaniac93-98

DisEnchantment’s long-awaited return for its 3 fans (Angela Bassett cannot wait!), Tiana’s Recession Adventure, It’s Tough to Be a Furry, and Unproblematic Bear Jamboree!

Pirates Bar in Adventureland (no further updates?)

And is Zootopia: The Show: 3D really going to be done by next year?

Den Carter

I posted my initial thoughts last night, but the park felt more "alive" than it has for years. Part of that is that World Celebration just had a beautiful vibe and everyone in the park seemed in high spirits.

On reflection:

The show itself was good, not great. Not HEA levels of feels. But I don't have much negative to say about it. More watchable than EF, less problematic (from a viewing perspective) than Harmonious. The original songs are beautiful. And as others have said, a brilliant new version of One Little Spark in the post-show.

I think Epcot is as Epcot-y as it's been for years, which is lovely.

But I'd like the show to have just a little something MORE. It lacked a truly unique wow moment.

I think overall last night was the happiest I've felt at Epcot for years, though, and that means a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom