News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The emphasis on A) the barges will be moved in/out of the lagoon everyday, and B) the hexagonal setup means the show looks the same no matter where you are around the lagoon, is pretty funny. About as close as you're going to get to Disney saying, "Fine, we heard you, you didn't like the Harmonious barges. We didn't do that this time!"

But the nesting of the smaller barges into the larger ones, and how they can move and store them as one unit, is smart engineering. Hopefully the show's content matches the care that was put into the infrastructure design.
It’s funny that he said you have the same show around the lake, that’s something they came up with in the 80’s

JohnD

The emphasis on A) the barges will be moved in/out of the lagoon everyday, and B) the hexagonal setup means the show looks the same no matter where you are around the lagoon, is pretty funny. About as close as you're going to get to Disney saying, "Fine, we heard you, you didn't like the Harmonious barges. We didn't do that this time!"

But the nesting of the smaller barges into the larger ones, and how they can move and store them as one unit, is smart engineering. Hopefully the show's content matches the care that was put into the infrastructure design.
I read that into it too and the part it looks the same from around the lagoon. I have a dinner reservation at Rose & Crown before the show and plan on standing at their outside viewing area available to guests.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think Guardians is one of the best rides I've been on at WDW. It's just incredibly FUN.

Anyway - that video gets me incredibly excited. Everything looks great. Love how the gentleman had to say basically no matter where you are the view is the same. Ha!
To me that seemed like clear jab at Harmonious and just reassuring people that you can watch it from anywhere in world showcase.

dlpwishes

The behind the scenes video is really interesting to me. It's less of a marketing video with corporate buzzwords and more-so a genuine and charming view into the BTS operations of the show. Pretty cool!
I feel like this is something I have often appreciated about DLP videos - often showing cast members, engineers, etc involved in the process and talking about their projects without all the flashy images and wording we see from US park previews. Makes me far more excited about what is to come and appreciate those working on it all.

Mediachi

Walt Disney World has shared a new behind-the-scenes video of Luminous: The Symphony of Us.

I can see they incorporated elements of Harmonious' visuals into this show, except without the easily malfunctionable LED screens, and that they're able to move the barges in and out of the lagoon every day.

Really looking forward to tomorrow night! I just hope it comes with a good soundtrack because from what I'm seeing from footage from outside the park, the show looks promising.

(Oh and the fountain barges across the lagoon are really cool)

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Center barge arrives in World Showcase Lagoon, completing the new hardware for Luminous - The Symphony of Us​

Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_54242.jpg

Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_54243.jpg

Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_54239.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom