News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You think it was only 400 people in line for the bucket? Some folks waited 5 hours for a bucket.

Anyway maybe not today, but I think tomorrow, the fifth, will be "Figment popcorn bucket" mobbed.
I think it’s utterly ridiculous to believe that Epcot will “be mobbed” for the last (for now) Epcot Forever showing.

If a popcorn bucket kiosk can handle 1 guest per minute (not an outrageous guesstimate at all), how many would it take to fill a 5 hour queue?

Disstevefan1

I think it’s utterly ridiculous to believe that Epcot will “be mobbed” for the last (for now) Epcot Forever showing.

If a popcorn bucket kiosk can handle 1 guest per minute (not an outrageous guesstimate at all), how many would it take to fill a 5 hour queue?
Well the 5th will be when the center will be officially open with the Walt statue in addition the new show.

Utterly ridiculous is just the way I roll ;)

wtyy21

The Catholic schoolboy in me is trying really hard not to sing, “Epcot Forever has died. Epcot Forever is risen. Epcot Forever will come again…”
Well, if the Luminous was flop. But, i don't believe that, because in meantime Luminous will have rave reviews and packed guests at it's opening night, especially guests who cannot buy tickets for that's date MVMCP (since MK closed at 6pm tomorrow).

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
This is making the rounds on Twitter and is honestly the vibe
After all one night til luminous.jpg

FN2BFRE

Walt Disney World has shared a new behind-the-scenes video of Luminous: The Symphony of Us.

in the description - "behind-the-scenes first look at Luminous the Symphony of Us at EPOCT" lol

from just skimming through the video, the show looks pretty gorgeous! i'm cautiously excited for tomorrow night!

JD80

No shade to this person, but I believe he also said Guardians was the best ride Disney has ever created.....

I think Guardians is one of the best rides I've been on at WDW. It's just incredibly FUN.

Anyway - that video gets me incredibly excited. Everything looks great. Love how the gentleman had to say basically no matter where you are the view is the same. Ha!

hpyhnt 1000

Walt Disney World has shared a new behind-the-scenes video of Luminous: The Symphony of Us.

The emphasis on A) the barges will be moved in/out of the lagoon everyday, and B) the hexagonal setup means the show looks the same no matter where you are around the lagoon, is pretty funny. About as close as you're going to get to Disney saying, "Fine, we heard you, you didn't like the Harmonious barges. We didn't do that this time!"

But the nesting of the smaller barges into the larger ones, and how they can move and store them as one unit, is smart engineering. Hopefully the show's content matches the care that was put into the infrastructure design.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

Probably the best “behind the scenes” footage they’ve given in recent years. There’s no over the top saccharine language or forced “this show is going to bring you to tears”, monologues just good old fashion spotlighting of the people who make the show happen every night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom