News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jmvd20

Fingers crossed for you! Also, keep in mind that just because the forecast is calling for <=30 MPH gusts, doesn't mean it will get that high or be that way at the scheduled show time.

Thank you sir! But with my luck I'm a little worried, we booked this trip several months ago and one of the reasons was to see the new show in person. Even if its worst case and we miss out on some aspects of Luminous and the Christmas Party fireworks at MK it will still be much better than being at work! Either way I'm looking forward to the Festival of the Holiday Booths, I'll grab an extra beer to sooth my woes if it isn't a full show.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Does not seem to be as deep at the rail tonight but it has been crowded.
Yeah, I'd say just a tad bit less. Pyro is kinda off tonight as well.

Also, I have a theory that Proud Corazon is performed by Mariachi Cobre. They're consistently recognized by Disney as an important part of EPCOT's history, and the mariachi segment performs the EPCOT Anthem. It also sounds exactly like some of their professional catalogue outside of Disney.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yeah, I'd say just a tad bit less. Pyro is kinda off tonight as well.

Also, I have a theory that Proud Corazon is performed by Mariachi Cobre. They're consistently recognized by Disney as an important part of EPCOT's history, and the mariachi segment performs the EPCOT Anthem. It also sounds exactly like some of their professional catalogue outside of Disney.
Im not 100% but I think the France side of perimeter may have been off tonight due to wind. There was a red shell that went off at the wrong time early on. Are those rose gold color shells as well? It was a really different experience viewing from Japan vs East of Canada the first time.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thank you sir! But with my luck I'm a little worried, we booked this trip several months ago and one of the reasons was to see the new show in person. Even if its worst case and we miss out on some aspects of Luminous and the Christmas Party fireworks at MK it will still be much better than being at work! Either way I'm looking forward to the Festival of the Holiday Booths, I'll grab an extra beer to sooth my woes if it isn't a full show.
That’s the spirit.

SplashJacket

Watched it again tonight. Wow.

Luminous is a fantastic show.

Truly incredible pyrotechnics that make ALL others feel vanilla by comparison.

No one is safe, not HEA, not Harmonious, not EF, not even IRoE (pyro wise).

First viewing, I was heavily concerned by the IP, and when I recognized a song, I got a bit bitter.

Today, I let myself get lost.

Spectacular.

Emotional, beautiful, elegant.

I would call IRoE powerful, it tackles the spirit of humanity and our everlasting endurance.

Luminous tackles relationships, above all else, connections, and how it makes us human. In a world of increasing conflict, division, and war, in a world of increasing isolation and artificial connection, Luminious reminds us to unite, cherish, and embrace our connections.

This show speaks to a post-Covid world. Before covid, isolation continuously crept into our lives, Covid was just the straw that broke the camels back. Even now, as the world has moved on, studies report loneliness and isolation at all all time high.

The message of Luminious found its target, and executed with grace.

The show romantically conveys its story in somber yet exciting way, this show is everything Harmonious wasn’t. It’s not IRoE, but it’s not trying to be, and it doesn’t need to be.

Upon first watch, I felt very conflicted, because I liked what I saw, but the IP pulled me out of the show, but only because I let it.

Other shows, Harmonious especially included, draw attention to the IP and characters. This doesn’t. I let myself get lost in the show tonight, without letting my frustration over the IP get the best of me, and it’s gorgeous. Even the play scene which I previously noted as a low point surprised tonight.

As mentioned by another poster, the when somebody loves me and remember me duet is beautiful. It threw me off on first viewing, but stunned tonight. Masterfully done.

With the new pyro, the finale found its own as well.

Really, all around, a fantastic job well done by the team.

I hope even the most ardently stubborn Illuminations fans out there (as myself) can find their joy and excitement in this show as well, really shouldn’t be too hard.

Cmdr_Crimson

For a good chunk or the night, LwtL was 65 minutes, Soarin' was 40 minutes.

Figment and Nemo were 5 min.

I know where some of that $60B should go...
I still remember a time in the early 00's when Future World attractions all closed at 7pm..I think TT, M:S and SSE were the only attractions open and then Electric Umbrella, Fountainview and MouseGears remained opened...It was so quiet as they tried to have have guest Migrate to WS side..But, I would take in the atmosphere and enjoy the emptiness..

In the Parks
No
I still remember a time in the early 00's when Future World attractions all closed at 7pm..I think TT, M:S and SSE were the only attractions open and then Electric Umbrella, Fountainview and MouseGears remained opened...It was so quiet as they tried to have have guest Migrate to WS side..But, I would take in the atmosphere and enjoy the emptiness..
As a little kid afraid of fireworks, I loved watching the marble run that was on display at MouseGear. Those were the days!

Disney Analyst

Watched it again tonight. Wow.

Luminous is a fantastic show.

No one is safe, not HEA, not Harmonious, not EF, not even IRoE (pyro wise).

First viewing, I was heavily concerned by the IP, and when I recognized a song, I got a bit bitter.

Today, I let myself get lost.

Spectacular.

Emotional, beautiful, elegant.

I would call IRoE powerful, it tackles the spirit of humanity and our everlasting endurance.

Luminous tackles relationships, above all else, connections, and how it makes us human. In a world of increasing conflict, division, and war, in a world of increasing isolation and artificial connection, Luminious reminds us to unite, cherish, and embrace our connections.

This show speaks to a post-Covid world. Before covid, isolation continuously crept into our lives, Covid was just the straw that broke the camels back. Even now, as the world has moved on, studies report loneliness and isolation at all all time high.

The message of Luminious found its target, and executed with grace.

The show romantically conveys its story in somber yet exciting way, this show is everything Harmonious wasn’t. It’s not IRoE, but it’s not trying to be, and it doesn’t need to be.

Upon first watch, I felt very conflicted, because I liked what I saw, but the IP pulled me out of the show, but only because I let it.

Other shows, Harmonious especially included, draw attention to the IP and characters. This doesn’t. I let myself get lost in the show tonight, without letting my frustration over the IP get the best of me, and it’s gorgeous. Even the play scene which I previously noted as a low point surprised tonight.

As mentioned by another poster, the when somebody loves me and remember me duet is beautiful. It threw me off on first viewing, but stunned tonight. Masterfully done.

With the new pyro, the finale found its own as well.

Really, all around, a fantastic job well done by the team.

I hope even the most ardently stubborn Illuminations fans out there (as myself) can find their joy and excitement in this show as well, really shouldn’t be too hard.

I firmly agree re: your comments on the IP.

This is the first show in a long time that I feel IP was used in a really subtle way. Of course it’s there, but none of it is in your face, and it all works with the story they crafted.

Vinnie Mac

Saw the show last night for myself. Crowds were a lot stronger than I expected and we were just barely able to make ourselves a spot in Canada for the show. I camped myself out on a trash can and patiently waited.

First of all I just want to say that the way the pre-show music transitions into the show was very cool and caught me off guard. The intro of the show with the introduction of the different countries had me smiling from ear to ear it just felt right. The middle part of the show didn't drag as much as I thought it would and honestly served its purpose well for the story. I think that it was a little strange how it went straight from the loss section to Into the Unknown. Guy next to me started crying a little bit and i was feeling emotional too and then BOOM! Into the Unknown.

Besides that the two original songs are absolutely amazing. The design of the pyrotechnics very much so reminded me of Illuminations and, surprisingly, Wishes (which makes sense after reading the most recent article about the show). The finale was incredible. The way everything blacks out and then comes back to life in the end absolutely ROCKED

Conclusion: I loved the show, my family loved the show, a lotttttt of people will love this show. It'll be around for a while

Vinnie Mac

This is what truly surprised me the most about Luminous.

With Harmonious the pyro design feels colorful and vibrant. With Illuminations, the pyro design felt grand and powerful. Luminous manages to excel in all 4 of those qualities. You feel like you're watching a major, cinematic production. Also the return of surface-level shells is VERY welcomed and is super cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom