Epcot's Garden Grill to expand operating hours to breakfast and lunch

ToTBellHop

Wonderful! Garden Grill provides a much better character experience than the other joints with the mouse. By my count, it's one of two places in the parks that feature Mickey. Hardly overkill for the most popular character. It's not as though there is a shortage of non-character dining at Epcot.

I'm sure it'll be family style @jklakeview as there is no space for an actual buffet.

Jon81uk

Wonderful! Garden Grill provides a much better character experience than the other joints with the mouse. By my count, it's one of two places in the parks that feature Mickey. Hardly overkill for the most popular character. It's not as though there is a shortage of non-character dining at Epcot.

I'm sure it'll be family style @jklakeview as there is no space for an actual buffet.

I would love to see some different character dinners that aren't Princesses or Fab Five. Only other option currently is Disney Jnr or Pooh. But I expect Star Wars to go year round soon at DHS. Not sure what characters would be a better fit at Garden Grill either.

ToTBellHop

I would love to see some different character dinners that aren't Princesses or Fab Five. Only other option currently is Disney Jnr or Pooh. But I expect Star Wars to go year round soon at DHS. Not sure what characters would be a better fit at Garden Grill either.
Most guests actually prefer the characters offered. And God forbid they not offer Mickey Waffles at every breakfast.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wasn't this pretty much a given (at least seasonally) when they announced the Candlelight packages?
For Candlelight days, yes.

The news here is that this starts before Candlelight and continues after.

Perhaps not news to you.

Bolna

First they start opening the Oasis again before AK opens in the morning, now they bring back lunch at Garden Grill. I wonder if the next step will be to bring back the characters at the Liberty Tree Tavern. It seems that a lot of the things that were around during my first visit to WDW in 2004 are coming back currently...

I like this! Maybe we will even get back branded napkins!

dreamfinder

The news here is that this starts before Candlelight and continues after.

Hopefully continues for the foreseeable future. Wouldn't want to see something pushed as a "plus" if it was only brought back to sell more Candelight packages and let any unsold tables be filled with general guests.

jklakeview

Even the horrid Disneyworld official site terms the restaurant as Buffet/Family Style, no real error on your part.

I know but family style and buffet are very different. For instance, I'd rather have more delicious, less options brought out fresh with free refills (Family Style) than many different, usually lower quality, less fresh items that I have to walk up to get and carry back to my seat while juggling a 2 year old and 4 year old (Buffet). I would have been very upset if Garden Grill became a true buffet.

ToTBellHop

I know but family style and buffet are very different. For instance, I'd rather have more delicious, less options brought out fresh with free refills (Family Style) than many different, usually lower quality, less fresh items that I have to walk up to get and carry back to my seat while juggling a 2 year old and 4 year old (Buffet). I would have been very upset if Garden Grill became a true buffet.
I agree. Family style is much easier with young kids than buffets. We have a Chef Mickey's breakfast booked for January and may switch to this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom