Epcot's Garden Grill to expand operating hours to breakfast and lunch

ItlngrlBella

So glad to see this restaurant will offer a fully cycle of meals during the day - it's our one "must do" restaurant when we go to WDW for our "Epcot Day." Also I may be in the minority but we like that we can get those characters every time - this way our kids are guaranteed to see Mickey once during our trip - and they get longer interactions

jklakeview

I agree. Family style is much easier with young kids than buffets. We have a Chef Mickey's breakfast booked for January and may switch to this.
Do yourself a favor, get out of chef Mickeys and switch to Garden Grill. Unless I was there on an off day, I HATED IT. It was horrible food and the characters spent very little time with you. Garden Grill is the best character interaction. They spend so much time with you. I have video of them singing and dancing in the aisle with my kids on multiple occasions. We go there EVERY trip. Food is much better too. The only one worse than Chef Mickey was Crystal Palace. We barely had any time with the characters there. Those places just seem too big.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Even the horrid Disneyworld official site terms the restaurant as Buffet/Family Style, no real error on your part.
If we want to turn the pedantic up to 11, Buffet/family style is technically correct.

Buffet simply means a multi course meal where you serve yourself. "Family style" is the method by how that is done.

Buffet, when used alone to describe a restaurant, generally refers to the all you can eat cafeteria style of meal we see at CP, Boma, etc.

Family style, when used alone to describe a restaurant, generally refers to large portions of items that serve multiple people being brought to your table, but does not imply all you can eat. You see this a lot at traditional Italian restaurants.

Combine the two terms and you have an all you can eat restaurant where the items are brought directly to your table.

DisneyDebRob

I would love to see some different character dinners that aren't Princesses or Fab Five. Only other option currently is Disney Jnr or Pooh. But I expect Star Wars to go year round soon at DHS. Not sure what characters would be a better fit at Garden Grill either.
How about figment?:)

bethymouse

I always thought it strange that such a popular restaurant was only open for dinner, especially a good character meal. Glad they decided to do this.:D

I am beyond excited about this. I really wanted to try GG for our upcoming trip, but couldn't really justify the prices as I wasn't entirely sure about the food. But we LOVE breakfast food (yes, even Mickey waffles). Just booked an 8:15 ADR for December 15th. I do kind of wish it was character-free, but from what I understand the character interaction at GG is stellar anyway.

aladdin2007

Yes this is long overdue. Was just sitting there going to waste when it could have been operating all three seatings.

as to Elsa's Eatery, goodbye Akershus? so much for Norway.

nelsonj3

I was smiling about this until I saw character appearances.
Exactly! Why can't I eat there with my wife without paying exorbitant prices for character greetings that we don't want and only having "family style" dining as an option? Why can't I order off of a menu? These character meals are out of control. I understand they need to have some, but it's just way too much. I wish they offered at least one mealtime at the Castle (Cinderella's) without characters. It really makes it seem more and more like they don't care about adults without kids. That was what made Disney different in the beginning from other parks, but it's becoming less and less prevalent.

KaliSplash

This is good news. More breakfast optiions at Epcot is a good thing! '

To the above poster, I feel your pain now that my children at 27 and 30. But there are many restaurants, especially in Epcot, without characters.
As to their heavy emphasis on character meals, hey, if you have children, we have a much better prospect of selling you many of our wonderful toys etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom