Epcot & DHS rumors from Screamscape

pmaljr

I just don't get why people are upset with a clone. The parks are full of them. The only reason I think people would be upset would be if they just have an unlimited travel budget and visit all of the parks, all of the time.

I also don't know of anyone who's said, "Please build Carsland but don't include RSR". From what I read, they either don't want Carsland at all or if they do in fact build it, make it better and don't do it on the cheap. Correct?

CDavid

So basically Carsland HS would be a New Fantasyland 2.0. A highly themed restaurant and C/D ticket. No thanks. Do it right Disney or don't do it at all.

Not necessarily, though given WDW's track record you are probably too close to the truth. A replacement Cars dark ride could make for a really impressive E-ticket, and both WDW in general and the Studios in particular need more family friendly big scale dark rides.

That said, it seems a no brainer to stick with a proven concept in RSR for Carsland (plenty of franchises for dark rides elsewhere in the park).

misterID

Douchebag? Really? You want to resort to grade school name calling? Lame! Grow up already!

If you don't like being told what to post, then why not post something relevant to the conversation, and stop repeating the same crap that's already been stated! Everybody knows Screamscape's history and track record, so what? What's the point of re-stating it?
The whole point of posting to news and rumors is to discuss the possibility or validity of the rumor and its merits. If you don't believe the source, then just say so. But, to just post a lame comment about the source's accuracy is just lame, especially when everybody already knows their track record (and I stated as much in the original post).

Uh, posting about the accuracy of the site's past rumors is pretty relevant to the current rumor people are running with. Because after a while, it goes from a "rumor" site, to a "telling people what they want to hear to drive up our traffic for advertsing" site.

And it's pretty impossible to post you don't believe said rumor, and not explain why you don't believe it (and PhotoDave did so in a pretty polite way before the ScreamScape police jumped in like their mother was just insulted). When you don't believe the site specifically because of their lack of... What's the word? Oh, yeah... Accuracy, credibility. It's okay to say that on a message board. :)

BTW, we may just have newbies who don't know SS track record and might be holding back their vacation for 2018 -- :D

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
Uh, posting about the accuracy of the site's past rumors is pretty relevant to the current rumor people are running with. Because after a while, it goes from a "rumor" site, to a "telling people what they want to hear to drive up our traffic for advertsing" site. And it's pretty impossible to post you don't believe why you don't believe it (and PhotoDave did so in a pretty polite way before the ScreamScape police jumped in like their mother was just insulted). When you don't believe the site specifically because of their lack of... What's the word? Oh, yeah... Accuracy. It's okay to say that. :)

Just seems that many don't understand the definition of what rumor/speculation is. Personally, I don't care if the source is considered accurate or not. Any rumor, regardless of the source, is still at the end of the day, a rumor, which means it's probably hearsay and there's a good chance it's false. Are some sources more reliable? Sure, and some rumors are more reliable, but when it comes to Disney, I think we all know that even what's been reported as accurate information, often changes before ground is ever broken, sometimes it's even withdrawn/cancelled.
However, if it sounds possible, or remotely interesting, why not discuss it for its merits?

Also, how do you run with a rumor? If it's known to be a rumor, shouldn't that give credence to how reliable or trustworthy the information is? Hence, the definition of rumor? I've heard too many people (usually elsewhere) who get all excited about a rumor they heard from a bus driver or someone else that reported it as fact. Screamscape/Disney & Beyond reported it as "rumor", so shouldn't that by default mean that it's not reliable? To call a source unreliable or inaccurate in reporting rumors is just silly, I mean a rumor is in itself inaccurate until there is either a press release or in Disney's case, ground is broken and the attraction opens to the public. I just get a little bent out of shape by people calling a rumor source unreliable, when the very definition of rumor is that it cannot be verified as accurate information... :confused:

misterID

Just seems that many don't understand the definition of what rumor/speculation is. Personally, I don't care if the source is considered accurate or not. Any rumor, regardless of the source, is still at the end of the day, a rumor, which means it's probably hearsay and there's a good chance it's false. Are some sources more reliable? Sure, and some rumors are more reliable, but when it comes to Disney, I think we all know that even what's been reported as accurate information, often changes before ground is ever broken, sometimes it's even withdrawn/cancelled.
However, if it sounds possible, or remotely interesting, why not discuss it for its merits?

Also, how do run with a rumor? If it's known to be a rumor, shouldn't that give credence to how reliable or trustworthy the information is? Hence, the definition of rumor? I've heard too many people (usually elsewhere) who get all excited about a rumor they heard from a bus driver or someone else that reported it as fact. Screamscape/Disney & Beyond reported it as "rumor", so shouldn't that by default mean that it's not reliable?

It's like hearing a rumor from Spirit and then one from the black bear kid, one has a tack record and is more substanial, the other is pure wishful thinking. The bus driver rumors don't last long and are treated way worse than this one. The rumor board acts more like inside info than just a rumor. That's what seperates this site from ScremScape, imo.

We need to have a clear understanding of the two. No one is ever going to be perfect, but before we blow up a thread to 70 pages and the rumor starts twisting into fact to some people, we need to take things into consideration. We've heard the RSR rumor before, not this one, which fully sounds like in that article that they made it up and kind of mutated the original rumor.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
It's like hearing a rumor from Spirit and then one from the black bear kid, one has a tack record and is more substanial, the other is pure wishful thinking. The bus driver rumors don't last long and are treated way worse than this one. The rumor board acts more like inside info than just a rumor. That's what seperates this site from ScremScape, imo.

We need to have a clear understanding of the two. No one is ever going to be perfect, but before we blow up a thread to 70 pages and the rumor starts twisting into fact to some people, we need to take things into consideration. We've heard the RSR rumor before, not this one, which fully sounds like in that article that they made it up and kind of mutated the original rumor.

So, are you suggesting we avoid or rate certain sources then? Lance (at Screamscape) tends to add a lot of his own thoughts (speculation) into his rumors, much like what happens here in the course of normal discussions, and sometimes the line between the reported rumor and his speculation is blurred. So, I can understand the hesitation in relying on them, but really they're no better or worse in my opinion at their hit/miss ratio.

NowInc

Not to fuel any flames here, but I dont give any less credibility to screamscape than I do most other rumor sources. Rumors are just that..rumors..and even if they are a little true (no matter where they are shared)..things can change. Thats why I always warn people to take said rumors with a giant grain of salt..as for what is true today, could easily be altered tomorrow. That being said, they were pretty accurate with a good chunk of potterland 2 rumors way ahead of even groundbreaking. Everyone gets it right eventually :)

Marc Gil

I don't really think Soarin' needs an update, just a film remaster that's all, and a different ending. But of course if this does happen I wouldn't mind, it just doesn't need a refurb as badly as some of the other attractions on the property. With that being said I just think that Carland would be an excellent addition to the studios, if given the studio touch. It could be a mini land within Pixar Place and RSR could be redone into some sort of dark ride. It could work! I agree with Screamscape's opinion.

misterID

So, are you suggesting we avoid or rate certain sources then? Lance (at Screamscape) tends to add a lot of his own thoughts (speculation) into his rumors, much like what happens here in the course of normal discussions, and sometimes the line between the reported rumor and his speculation is blurred. So, I can understand the hesitation in relying on them, but really they're no better or worse in my opinion at their hit/miss ratio.

Unless you're connected to Screamscape in some way, I don't know why this is an issue. Every post we make on a public forum, or the internet itself, is open to criticism and scrutiny. Rumors are no different. This isn't a big deal, and it's not a bad thing to bring up the site's past, especially in the context that Dave did; calming a poster down from being upset about the prospect of this particular rumor.

PhotoDave219

Unless you're connected to Screamscape in some way, I don't know why this is an issue. Every post we make on a public forum, or the internet itself, is open to criticism and scrutiny. Rumors are no different. This isn't a big deal, and it's not a bad thing to bring up the site's past, especially in the context that Dave did; calming a poster down from being upset about the prospect of this particular rumor.

Putting the source in the proper context is all I'm doing. They have a ten year long reputation of being inaccurate.

IHeartArt

I would really rather they didn't tie one of the best non-IP rides that's been placed in the last few years (and is still consistently working) with a movie that is shaping up to be third-rate.

Planes could be a heart-rending story about Dane Cook piloting a kid with leukemia into the skies to fulfill his dreams before he passes away and I'd still be against tying Soarin' to it. There's too many things that have been transformed into franchise tie-ins within Disney as is.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Why is everyone so upset about the possibility of no RSR? It would make the area more unique and allow for creativity on another great ride in it's place. I'd rather something new honestly if the ride will still be of the same quality.

I think I heard the same thinking... from the guy who thought the MK should open without POTC...

And we learned how wrong that was.

Next Big Thing

Carslands without the E-ticket... just when you thought New Fantasyland was as low as the company can go with investing without a major attraction anchor... you get rumors like this.

Disney Parks - setting new (low) standards
No one said there wouldn't be an E-Ticket! It would be everything with a new Dark ride. Goodness, people complain about direct clones and then complain when there could be a chance at originality. Not saying there's a chance they wouldn't screw it up still, but just seems like you no matter what people won't be happy.

gboiler1

I thought the original Cars was great, much better than I expected, but we'll have to wait and see how this all pans out but I'm optimistic. I do however envision Cars lite, just like the Nemo ride in Living Seas as compared to DL's Nemo subs.
I hope the retooling of DHS like CA pans out. It needs the shot in the arm on so many levels but I have faith Disney will do it right, we all have great ideas.
Finally I hope Planes isn't incorported unless it's amazing...and I have my reservations when I hear it's Cars-esque and originally was going to be direct to video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom