1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Epcot & DHS rumors from Screamscape

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by GrumpyFan, May 20, 2013.

1. GrumpyFan

GrumpyFan Well-Known Member

Screamscape posted a couple of rumors this morning for Epcot & Disney Hollywood Studios.

First, Epcot and a rumor/speculation on Soarin' -

Next, DHS & Cars Land -

I know, it's Screamscape, and they don't have a track record of reliable information, but as stated, they're just rumors (a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth), so take it for what it's worth and discuss the possibilities here, not the credibility, please.

Edit 5/22/13 - Updated info here.

2. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Well-Known Member

Interesting rumors. If they're true, as long as the dark ride is just as good or better than RSR I'll be a happy camper :)

Furiated and bethymouse like this.
  3. luv

luv Well-Known Member

Soarin could use a new film! It would be cooler if you never knew which film you'd get, though. Mix it up! Keep it fresh and interesting!

Not a Cars fan...but also not a DHS fan, so don't care much what they put in there...and kind of like that it won't be something that makes me want to go there! It would fit the park. The Californians seem happy with it, but they got a good ride, too. It sounds very TDO to build a land and skip the cool ride, lol. But a dark ride (especially if they include Catastropy Canyon!) could be great. :)

4. Zman-ks

Zman-ks Well-Known Member

Totally agree! :)

bethymouse likes this.
  5. George

George Captain Dingleberry Premium Member

I still want a more varied Pixar Place, but I won't complain if they go all out and the Cars addition is well done.....The Soarin' rumor is good. I'll give Screamscape credit. They leave rumors up for a long time, so you can ogle them and go, "Oh yeah....I forgot there was talk about JttCotE coming to DAK", and whatnot.

MOXOMUMD, GSP Guy and bethymouse like this.
  6. djkidkaz

djkidkaz Well-Known Member

If your not giving me Radiator Springs Racers, just forget the whole thing. I want all of it except for Luigis Flying Tires ( that money can be used to finally put in the Monsters Inc Coaster as has been suggested ).

7. Fox&Hound

Fox&Hound Well-Known Member

I would be sooooo angry if they built a Carsland area and dropped RSR. It's like another poster said- comparing test track and RSR as the same ride is like saying there is no need for Pirates of the Carribbean because it is essentially the same ride as "It's a Small World"......ughhhh. While Flo's and Mater's Junk Yard Jamboree would be nice additions, they would have to have a pretty awesome alternative ride to make me forget about RSR's. It really is a great ride and the canyon spectacle is a sight to see.

I think the general public would shrug too. "You're building Carsland but not RSR's??? Meh..."

8. Beholder

Beholder Well-Known Member

Soarin has needed a new film for awhile and I'd be excited for that, but I somewhat mixed feelings on the DHS "plans". I fully understand that these are rumors and by 2018 may be completely different, but theses things need to be done, so who knows? I was never crazy about a 100% clone of Cars Land, so a little variation could be good. Not so much Pixar maybe, unless Monster Inc, or Incredibles. I'll enjoy the next few years, that's for sure.

MOXOMUMD and bethymouse like this.
  9. GrumpyFan

GrumpyFan Well-Known Member Original Poster

I saw another rumor here or elsewhere that one of the ideas being thrown around for Carsland involved a theme closer to the Cars2 movie than the original, which might fit better with a dark ride anyway. If true, and IF done right, I'm glad to hear that they're shying away from a direct clone of what they did at DCA. Hopefully, they will have something suitable for DHS that will be as impressive as RSR, or at least as thrilling.

RandomPrincess, bethymouse and Kirk88 like this.
  10. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

That would all depend on what the replacement was. Yes RSR is a great ride, no question about that. BUT, plenty of people here have expressed dissatisfaction that it would be another clone. What if Disney were actually considering bringing something all new (and great) to the land? Could be a good move. Having said that, all indications are that RSRs is on the cards.

11. Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing Well-Known Member

Why is everyone so upset about the possibility of no RSR? It would make the area more unique and allow for creativity on another great ride in it's place. I'd rather something new honestly if the ride will still be of the same quality.

12. Fox&Hound

Fox&Hound Well-Known Member

Well-said....I guess we'd have to wait and see what ride would be built (if there is any truth to this rumor at all). RSR is quite impressive, and if we got something new that was unique to WDW and allowed DisneyLand to keep a unique Carsland complete with RSR, then I guess it could be a win for both coasts.....I would just be afraid that WDW would get Flo's, Maters, and a small kiddie ride and that would be it.

I'll reserve judgement until we know more. =)

Furiated and bethymouse like this.
  13. #OccupyBeastlyKingdom

#OccupyBeastlyKingdom Member

My thoughts:

• I sincerely hope the mini-Carsland comes as part of a multi-year Pixar Place expansion. Cars makes the WDC salivate because of its billion-dollar merch sales, but it is still one of the weaker Pixar films. Just give us the Monsters Inc coaster too and I'll be satisfied.
    • I'm open-minded to a DHS Carsland sans RSR as long as there is still a solid E-ticket.
    • I had always assumed Catastrophe Canyon would be worked into a future attraction, it can fit in perfectly with a Cars E-tick.
    • As for Soarin' Over the World, all I can say is FINALLY.
    • As for a possible Planes re-theme, I certainly hope not and would think it'd also be unlikely unless the film beats expectations and becomes a box-office smash. I remain skeptical.

14. PhotoDave219

PhotoDave219 Well-Known Member

Its my understanding that they had budgeted the money for a new Soarin film years ago, but scrapped it before shooting.

15. #OccupyBeastlyKingdom

I'm a big fan of randomized show attractions. Star Tour 2.0, Tower of Terror make great use of the concept and the new Hogwarts Express that will link the two parks at Uni is rumored to use this concept too. Definitely something we can expect to see in new attractions moving forward.

16. #OccupyBeastlyKingdom

People are skeptical of TDO's cut-happy budgeting record. After the back and forth between them and WDI we're often left with the very minimum.

17. Wdwprince

Wdwprince Well-Known Member

So basically Carsland HS would be a New Fantasyland 2.0. A highly themed restaurant and C/D ticket. No thanks. Do it right Disney or don't do it at all.

As for a new Soarin film. Great. But leave Planes out of it.

I'm not a fan or Cars or Planes (since it's more of the same). There is no need for characters in Soarin. An no need for more lameness in HS.

Horizonsfan, tjjwelch, George and 9 others like this.
  18. luv

luv Well-Known Member

I really like Soarin. I do hope a new film isn't just, "Here's the pyramids, here's the Great Wall..." I like how Soarin showed me things I wouldn't necessarily have expected, like the golfers next to the mountains.

It's a good ride. I hope the new film comes to be. :)

Furiated, MOXOMUMD, GSP Guy and 2 others like this.
  19. PhotoDave219

PhotoDave219 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, this is Scream Scape. Their reputation for accuracy is slim at best over the past 10 years.

20. Sue_Vongello

Sue_Vongello Well-Known Member

If they are dropping RSR to do "family friendly" "people eaters" in Carsland ... that's not a bad idea BUT with the money they are "saving" might as well throw in MI Coaster along with a major E-Ticket SW addition ... if they drop RSR and don't add anything else of value outside of a "dark ride" this will be a major disappointment ... (speaking of ... wait ... maybe they are trying to divert attention away from new fantasyland!?)