Epcot & DHS rumors from Screamscape

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
It's like hearing a rumor from Spirit and then one from the black bear kid, one has a tack record and is more substanial, the other is pure wishful thinking. The bus driver rumors don't last long and are treated way worse than this one. The rumor board acts more like inside info than just a rumor. That's what seperates this site from ScremScape, imo.

We need to have a clear understanding of the two. No one is ever going to be perfect, but before we blow up a thread to 70 pages and the rumor starts twisting into fact to some people, we need to take things into consideration. We've heard the RSR rumor before, not this one, which fully sounds like in that article that they made it up and kind of mutated the original rumor.

Good point, but if I may bring up the past, and the fact that even Spirit and others don't always have the latest/best/most accurate information. I'm referring to late last year when there were many rumors from people with inside information that Avatar was supposedly dead because of differences between Cameron and WDI. However, Disney themselves squashed that rumor publicly with their own press release. I'm not saying these folks were being intentionally being misleading or that they were wrong, just that it's all rumor and secondhand info that is passed along and not always verifiable. At the end of the day, they're all still rumors.

I look at it this way. Regardless of whether it's true or not, it's entertaining and fun to read about. Much of what Lance (Screamscape) publishes is speculation based on rumors, but I still enjoying reading his thoughts, as well as many others here and other places, yet I take ALL OF THEM with a grain of salt knowing that until the attraction opens to the public, it could be anything or nothing at all, for which I refer you to the list of Disney Attractions That Were Never Built, many of which were actually publicly announced.

lebeau

The rumors that Screamscape posted had already been posted on another Disney site several days earlier.

I don't think it's any secret that Lance/Screamscape have no connections or insider info. He just takes rumors from around the net or that are sent in to him and posts them with his commentary/speculation.

For me, I don't see any value in that whatsoever. But a lot of people just want something to talk about even if it is primarily speculation mixed with what was reported elsewhere.

WDWDad13

Screamscape is similar to wdwrumors site. It takes various rumors out there and puts then in 1 place. I like wdwrumors format better though much cleaner to look through

imagineer boy

I hope they add a world wide footage version of Soarin to Epcot. That was LONG overdue. And it fits the theme of the land pavilion better. Now there is no reason at all to replace the film at DCA though since it actually fits the theme there!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am really skeptical about any Planes attraction rumors. Disney has tons of proven properties that they seem unwilling to exploit with new attractions, why are they going to risk developing an attraction based on a unproven movie that hasn't even been released yet? Sure it has a connection to Cars, but it would be foolish to believe that just because people like Cars, they will like this. I keep seeing sites try to connect the "Twister ride system" patent to Planes just because the patent surfaced shortly before the movie is going to be released, but not acknowledging the fact that this ride system has to have been in development for at 3 if not 4 years.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
I don't think it's any secret that Lance/Screamscape have no connections or insider info. He just takes rumors from around the net or that are sent in to him and posts them with his commentary/speculation.

For me, I don't see any value in that whatsoever. But a lot of people just want something to talk about even if it is primarily speculation mixed with what was reported elsewhere.

Actually, I think he has a close relationship with somebody at Dollywood (at least advertising wise), but he also had a close relationship with Stan Checketts at S&S thrill rides. Regardless, I realize that a lot of what he posts is re-hashed or simply passed along, but I guess I'm just one of those people who wants something to talk about sometimes and I myself like to speculate on what they (Disney) might be up to. Occasionally, even I get one right.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
They missed Strike #3 and what I feel is most important. They would have to close RSR - EVERY TIME IT RAINS! This is a huge problem for WDW. RSR is hugely popular and could have 3 hour long lines if not longer. Then you get that nice daily shower and the ride gets shut down. Unless they put RSR all indoors it's huge mistake to added it to WDW.

The weather issue may be one of the big points as to why they're not considering cloning it, well, that and the cost. Crossing my fingers that IF this comes true, they will at least build something that is equally worth a visit to DHS as DCA.

lebeau

Actually, I think he has a close relationship with somebody at Dollywood (at least advertising wise), but he also had a close relationship with Stan Checketts at S&S thrill rides. Regardless, I realize that a lot of what he posts is re-hashed or simply passed along, but I guess I'm just one of those people who wants something to talk about sometimes and I myself like to speculate on what they (Disney) might be up to. Occasionally, even I get one right.

I wish we had a speculation forum for that kind of stuff. I would love nothing more than to divide the made-up stuff from the insider info. Discussing fanboy wishful thinking gets tiresome for me although I realize others enjoy it.

mvieguy

My Biggest Problem is this. I am a huge Movie Buff. part of the reason I loved going to Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios was the behind the scenes stuff. I loved the Original Backstage Tour, with the house Fasads, the Giant Bee, etc. I loved Sounds Dangerous and Murder she Wrote. One of my most favorite things was after sounds Dangerous going into that area and being able to do voice overs for Tron and Mickey and the Beanstalk. plus the Sound booth with the 3D Sound effects. over at Universal Hitchcock and I love Lucy Tributes. Thats why these studios were originally built. now its all about Crappy shows and E Ticket attractions. I love Paying Homage to the Movies. but if they are really going to retheme and repurpose. how about the Honey I shrunk the Kids playset, and turn it into A Bugs Life. as much as I would love to eat in a Star Wars Cantina, I would rather continue to pay homage to the movies that paved the way for movies like Cars, Iron Man, etc.

TP2000

I would be sooooo angry if they built a Carsland area and dropped RSR. It's like another poster said- comparing test track and RSR as the same ride is like saying there is no need for Pirates of the Carribbean because it is essentially the same ride as "It's a Small World"......ughhhh.

Yup. Saying you aren't doing Radiator Springs Racers in the DHS Cars Land because Test Track uses the same ride system in Epcot is like saying...

Spaceship Earth, World of Motion, Imagination, and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin never should have been built, much less be successful, since Haunted Mansion was already there.

Pirates of the Caribbean and El Rio Del Tiempo should never have been built, much less be successful, since It's A Small World was already there.

Astro Orbiter, Aladdin's Magic Carpets and TriceraTop Spin should never have been built, much less be successful, since Dumbo was already there.

Okay, maybe that last one has some actual merit. :cool:

But honestly, what a silly thing to claim that Racers can't go into DHS because Test Track exists at Epcot. That's just a ridiculous argument put forth by some very desperate apologists.

hiptwinmama

RSR is the biggest draw to CL @ DL, it makes little sense to drop it at WDW. If they do so, and don't replace it with something very similar, I am afraid it may open to lack luster reviews. People are expecting the WOW factor of RSR. Not just the outside part of the ride, but the inside is pretty freaking awesome. I have never seen and anamatronic resemble the movie so much. My kids saw the video and were like... "MOM, that's not a robot like the other rides... It's really lighting Mc Queen.... How did they do that?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom