Epcot After Hours Tasting - New event

cw1982

Woohoo the 5th of June when we do the wind down is EMH at MK :)

We'll be at Coral Reef that night for dinner at 7:35! Part of me hopes we are done with dinner in time to watch Illuminations, but if not we'll be there the next night to so we can enjoy WS on evening EMH. Would be funny if we ran into each other on the 5th!

BigTxEars

We'll be at Coral Reef that night for dinner at 7:35! Part of me hopes we are done with dinner in time to watch Illuminations, but if not we'll be there the next night to so we can enjoy WS on evening EMH. Would be funny if we ran into each other on the 5th!

That would be pretty cool :) We have ADRs at Bitergarden that night at 7pm, then Illuminations and then the wind down event at 9:20 :)

JohnD

I still don't understand why they don't provide limited app menus and drinks in the various locations. I read about La Cava on another blog and it was a complicated production. Hardly the wind down I was envisioning. I would rather find a lounge on the boardwalk or my resort to accomplish a real leisurely "wind down."

Matt_Black

I still don't understand why they don't provide limited app menus and drinks in the various locations. I read about La Cava on another blog and it was a complicated production. Hardly the wind down I was envisioning. I would rather find a lounge on the boardwalk or my resort to accomplish a real leisurely "wind down."

Well, going by the review on the blog, the La Cava one was teaching people about the Tequila process. Certainly that sounds like a nice addition to the drinks and snacks for the price.

JohnD

Well, going by the review on the blog, the La Cava one was teaching people about the Tequila process. Certainly that sounds like a nice addition to the drinks and snacks for the price.

That's nice and all and not knocking it but that holds no interest for me after closure. Hardly sounds like a "wind down" but another late-night attraction and work!

I just want to stroll WS and stop in various locations for a libation and maybe an app. Why make it so complicated?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The whole thing would be wasted on me since I'm a beer girl. I swore off tequila after the whole mechanical bull incident in Acuna. Not a finer point in my life. Wine in limited quantities as well.

We're gonna need some pictures;)

I hear what you are saying. If I'm downing the tequila I'm gonna need a beer afterwards to even things out. Maybe a Dos Equis or 2. I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty, my friends.:)

Matt_Black

That's nice and all and not knocking it but that holds no interest for me after closure. Hardly sounds like a "wind down" but another late-night attraction and work!

I just want to stroll WS and stop in various locations for a libation and maybe an app. Why make it so complicated?

Then go to Epcot on an EMH night.

BigTxEars

That's the cool thing, you can :)

But if like the wife and I you want a couple of hours of together time at a different type event this is here for you. Opt in or out, it's up to you. :)

Not pointing this at you but why can't people who don't want to do this event just let it alone for those of us who do? This event harms no one's ability to do whatever they want to do.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That's the cool thing, you can :)

But if like the wife and I you want a couple of hours of together time at a different type event this is here for you. Opt in or out, it's up to you. :)

Not pointing this at you but why can't people who don't want to do this event just let it alone for those of us who do? This event harms no one's ability to do whatever they want to do.
This is what I have been saying from the beginning. It's an extra upcharge event that doesn't take anything away from paying park guests. If people like it, they will go. If they don't they won't. If enough people aren't interested it will fail and go away. If it's successful it will expand. As long as they don't take park hours away to accommodate this I'm good with it.

71jason

Had a friend attempt to do this over the weekend. Arrived at La Cava to learn her party of four had been assigned a standing room only table. When they mentioned two of their party had bad backs, management found two chairs, but told the other two people they would have to stand.

So apparently your $35 doesn't even guarantee you a seat.

PhotoDave219

Had a friend attempt to do this over the weekend. Arrived at La Cava to learn her party of four had been assigned a standing room only table. When they mentioned two of their party had bad backs, management found two chairs, but told the other two people they would have to stand.

They didn't exactly think this through very well

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

That's unacceptable.

Did they stick it out? or demand a refund and leave? I know which option I would have taken.

cw1982

I think I would have demanded a refund at that point and left. If it's going to be a "standing room only" kinda thing, that information should be made very clear when making reservations.

cw1982

Also, this makes me think that what I read on Touring Plans (or maybe it was a blog somewhere?) about this only being a 30-minute ordeal is probably accurate... clearly they want you in and out quickly if they are trying to limit how many guests get a place to sit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom