Epcot After Hours Tasting - New event

tsaintc

Let me properly re-word your post, if I may.

Disney removes some features, options, attractions, etc in an attempt to save money.

Disney adds some features, options, attractions, etc which are all nothing more than polished turds and everyone on this site who is wise enough and not blinded by pixie dust recognizes that its nothing more than an effort to increase the bottom line to make it appear as if profits are coming from NGE, and those who are blinded by their unwavering desire to defend the company at all costs resort to name calling.

I do not consider myself 'blinded by the pixie dust'. I just consider myself barely intelligent enough to realize that Disney is a for-profit business that has many obligations to their shareholders (i.e. make money). And, despite a very competitive landscape and unstable economy, they are doing a decent job of adding enhancements whilst maintaining a keen eye on the bottom line.

asianway

It helped explain La Cava. I never was sure what you actualy got but now it seems there you get:
Shot of vodka
Shot of mezcal
Tequila flight
Tostada de Tinga
Ceviche Acapulqueño
Tlacoyo de Puerco

Now if we could just get the same coverage at the other venues.
I think between merf OAM & tp they had them covered could be mistaken

Communicore

I heard from a person who attempted to order a specialty margarita and was rebuked, rebuffed, denied of course, so she asked for a flight refill and was told that they cannot refill even if she wanted to pay. I wonder if that is true, sounds like a lie to me.

alissafalco

I heard from a person who attempted to order a specialty margarita and was rebuked, rebuffed, denied of course, so she asked for a flight refill and was told that they cannot refill even if she wanted to pay. I wonder if that is true, sounds like a lie to me.
I actually believe it, the DFB review said they wanted to order more food and they weren't allowed. If you can't order more food or drinks that's really bad business on disneys part. That's a lot of $$ they would be losing, seems silly to me.

BuddyThomas

I actually believe it, the DFB review said they wanted to order more food and they weren't allowed. If you can't order more food or drinks that's really bad business on disneys part. That's a lot of $$ they would be losing, seems silly to me.
This sounds totally fake to me. It is like the people who swore you were only able to order two glasses of wine per person at Be Our Guest, and that turned out to be a blatant lie.

BigTxEars

I do not consider myself 'blinded by the pixie dust'. I just consider myself barely intelligent enough to realize that Disney is a for-profit business that has many obligations to their shareholders (i.e. make money). And, despite a very competitive landscape and unstable economy, they are doing a decent job of adding enhancements whilst maintaining a keen eye on the bottom line.

Who gave WDW the right to make money? I though they were some kind of social program there to met everyones request and run themselves like a non profit charity?

BigTxEars

Depends on when they tried to order the food I would guess. If it was say 10 mins before the wind down was over then I can see Disney saying no. Anyone who ever worked in food service (hand raised) know that you start shutting the kitchen down before closing time. If it was earlier then that is a odd thing indeed

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I could understand why they would limit food orders. It's a fixed menu and by reservation so they know exactly what needs to be cooked per night. For the drinks...that makes no sense and is likely not true. They may have a "last call" around 10:30 or something so people aren't ordering another flight at 10:55PM.

BigTxEars

I could understand why they would limit food orders. It's a fixed menu and by reservation so they know exactly what needs to be cooked per night. For the drinks...that makes no sense and is likely not true. They may have a "last call" around 10:30 or something so people aren't ordering another flight at 10:55PM.

Great point on the food, did not think of that :)

Either way it does have educational aspect to it just as WDW said it would :)

cw1982

I bet it's a positively glowing review, am I right?

No, they mention some cons. Namely, not being able to order additional food and the fact that this particular event coincided with an EMH night, so some of the exclusivity you're paying for is lost.

To piggy back on what Matt_Black said, the EMH going on at the same time meant less exclusivity at the lounge, since it was open for other guess as well.

Also, to address something @BigTxEars mentioned, the review on DFB said that they were not allowed to order more food AT ALL.

One other thing... I noticed that they said that this will not be geared so much for the adult-only crowd for long; La Cava is going to start offering smoothies for kids.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
To piggy back on what Matt_Black said, the EMH going on at the same time meant less exclusivity at the lounge, since it was open for other guess as well.

Also, to address something @BigTxEars mentioned, the review on DFB said that they were not allowed to order more food AT ALL.

One other thing... I noticed that they said that this will not be geared so much for the adult-only crowd for long; La Cava is going to start offering smoothies for kids.
Can't they have just 1 thing without kids? I guess maybe the small crowds could be a factor.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Great point on the food, did not think of that :)

Either way it does have educational aspect to it just as WDW said it would :)

I like the idea of presenting the tequila and making it more of an event then just serving some food and liquor.

After seeing the menu I think the $35 is actually about right. That selection of tequila would probably go for about $20 or more and the food was more substantial than I was thinking. Having it during EMHs makes no sense at all, but I think I would enjoy walking out through WS at 11PM and having the place mostly to myself.

cw1982

Can't they have just 1 thing without kids? I guess maybe the small crowds could be a factor.

Yeah, that could be it... maybe they think more people will book if their kids can enjoy a "drink" as well... lol.

One thing to think about, though: if they are going to make this more "kid" friendly, they need to rethink the rules about not letting guests order additional food. Some kids are adventurous and will try new things, but I can see parents being upset if they paid $35/person and all their kids enjoyed was a smoothie (the review didn't indicate that the price would be different for kids, and it seems I have read somewhere that the price is the same for everyone as of now, regardless of age).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah, that could be it... maybe they think more people will book if their kids can enjoy a "drink" as well... lol.

One thing to think about, though: if they are going to make this more "kid" friendly, they need to rethink the rules about not letting guests order additional food. Some kids are adventurous and will try new things, but I can see parents being upset if they paid $35/person and all their kids enjoyed was a smoothie (the review didn't indicate that the price would be different for kids, and it seems I have read somewhere that the price is the same for everyone as of now, regardless of age).
I think you are right. I read somewhere it was the same price for kids.

They should have to try the tequila too;). Just a sip. Puts my kids right to sleep:oops::depressed::devilish:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom