EMH To Be Cut By An Hour?

John

Sooooooooooo where are the defenders of the magic? Not declineing by degrees...huh? Charge more get less is the whole basis of the argument. A shame Jimmy is on hiatius. JT where is your slant on this? The last hour or two was great at MK, most of the strollers are parked snuggled at the resorts. No where does it say "off peak" hours only. No matter how you slice or dice it....it stinks. So lets see the only reason to stay on site is DME, DDP...worth a couple hundred a night?

jlsHouston

Well we love EMH. and we have usually taken advantage of those extra hours to ride the rides a few more times with less crowds. Maybe the EMH changes in 2013 will only be for low crowd months and not the busy months.o_O

nepalostparks

So lets see the only reason to stay on site is DME, DDP...worth a couple hundred a night?

Extra Magic Hours (both morning and evening) are still being offered, and are still a perk of staying on site. Yes, it will be an hour less in the evening, and unless they are opening additional attractions or otherwise off-setting the cut, it looks like a poor decision. But it's still a a perk for on-site guests.

devoy1701

Extra Magic Hours (both morning and evening) are still being offered, and are still a perk of staying on site. Yes, it will be an hour less in the evening, and unless they are opening additional attractions or otherwise off-setting the cut, it looks like a poor decision. But it's still a a perk for on-site guests.
A perk that was just cut by 25% a day...

nepalostparks

A perk that was just cut by 25% a day...

Yes, I noted the loss in my response you quoted.

And if you want to get technical, it's not 25% per day loss, since not everyday of the week is there both morning and evening magic hours. And it's still more hours than off site guests get to enjoy.

John

I agree.....but the basis of the argument still exsist....cant argue with that. In other words ....what your saying is that just didnt take them all away.....well your right...yea.

ParentsOf4

Very disappointing. Ticket prices increase, resort prices increase, food prices increase, and yet they cut back on the offering. Sorry but this seems to be another example of TDO increasing prices while reducing what guests receive in return. Since I love jumping to conclusions, I assume this was done to save money. I would have been fine with it if there was some evidence that WDW was holding the line on prices but, so far, it only seems as if they've been increasing prices even more than in the past. With WDW's attendance flat for the better part of a decade, it seems they continue to squeeze more money from those remaining loyal to the Disney brand.

I don't mind when a sports team increases ticket prices to pay for a new player but this seem to be a case of the team cutting players and then increasing ticket prices anyway.

Jakester

So with monorails cut operating hours, now we lose 1hour for EEMH, We already had reduced Fantasmic.
Whats next? Operating hours being reduced? Wishes/IllumiNations being reduced?

nepalostparks

Again, this seems to be a move to favor the stroller set and alienate singles, couples without children or just about anyone who wants to stay up late.

Basically. It's a cost cutting measure without a doubt.

I'd like to think it means they will take the extra time each night for maintenance, but I'm doubting that's the case. I'd even be alright with the decision if they kept more attractions open during the two hours, helping to disperse the crowds.

But I'm not that naive ;)

Tom Morrow

This sucks because as a guest, the last hour of EMH is when nothing has a line. But that is exactly why I can understand them doing away with it. Really though, evening EMH is not exactly a good thing. It makes that park significantly more crowded than it would be if that park was just open until the exact same time for all guests.

John

This sucks because as a guest, the last hour of EMH is when nothing has a line. But that is exactly why I can understand them doing away with it. Really though, evening EMH is not exactly a good thing. It makes that park significantly more crowded than it would be if that park was just open until the exact same time for all guests.

You know what....I dont disagree with this logic one bit. Maybe if it wasnt two hours I wouldnt have such a problem. I agree the last hour the parks are sparse at best. But two?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Again, this seems to be a move to favor the stroller set and alienate singles, couples without children or just about anyone who wants to stay up late.

Bingo.

This is an extremely disappointing decision for those who go to WDW without kids. Late nights in the park were a mainstay of many of my vacations. I'm extremely sad to see this perk disappear. That last hour was invaluable, especially when it occurred from 2-3 AM at the MK, where you could do so much because it was so quiet.

I'm no Doom and Gloomer by any means, but this does not make me happy. Not in the least.

djlaosc

I was just thinking of something.....If I was Uni....tommorrow I would send out a press release saying they were extending hours.......even if it was by one hour.

I wonder if Universal would ever consider starting to do evening EMHs for hotel guests (after Cabana Bay opens). After all, they just added early hours for Universal Studios (granted, just Shrek/Despicable Me at the moment, but you just know that HP2.0 will be added to it in 2015).

Obviously they have a nighttime district (CityWalk), which Disney seems to be lacking at the moment, and the cost would probably be too much compared to the extra income (which is why I suggested waiting for Cabana Bay to open - more guests to spread costs), but if they even just added 1 hour in the evening (they could possibly do 2), it would be nice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom