EMH To Be Cut By An Hour?

Bolt

It's not speculation- the schedules have been finalized, and the language changed on the official site.

Again - Steve can attest to park hour changes happening EVERY month. Guest feedback can change a lot before January.

DisneyJoe

Skimmed through the thread quickly, so apologies if it was already mentioned and I missed it: Anyone else remember when they actually did get rid of EMH altogether? It was such a disaster, and so many people complained, they brought them back.

Thus, if enough people complain....maybe there's hope.

As another poster said, I would hope the extra hour is going to be used for proper maintenance, but somehow I doubt it.

Yes, right after 9/11. It was only mornings then.

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
Yes they might do a bonus hour, but IOA is only open until 9pm everyday this summer. I don't think MK has a SINGLE night that closes before 10, as well as DHS since they are running Fantasmic! at 10:30pm every night. Also - talking about Universal cutbacks, I get you have Halloween Horror Nights, but your day guests get to see this now:

Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: No shows on 9/6 - 9/8, 9/19, 9/21 - 9/22, 9/27 - 9/30, 10/4 - 10/7, 10/11 - 10/14, 10/17 - 10/21, 10/24 - 10/28, 10/31, 11/15, 12/5

Furthermore - everyone is speculating right now. The company realizes the pros in EMH because Disneyland enacted a 7 day plan now so before we have a meltdown, let's see the schedules for 2013 get finalized, as they always do change.

Um, you realize that those dates are HHN dates right??? Same way Wishes does not get shown on MNSSHP nights...

Bolt

EMH needs an overhaul anyways - the charm has died since so many of our guests are resort based guests. I think we should take away the EMH abilities from our partnering resorts such as the Hilton and Double Tree, who get the same access as a Disney resort gets. Anything to lower the overall guest count that once made EMH a real treat.

I can't imagine doing Cars Land at 7am with only competing against three resorts total...

Bolt

Um, you realize that those dates are HHN dates right??? Same way Wishes does not get shown on MNSSHP nights...
Did you not read the line before that mentioned Halloween Horror Nights? Also - we offer entertainment at Epcot and DHS on those nights so day guests can still see a nighttime show if they want.

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
Did you not read the line before that mentioned Halloween Horror Nights? Also - we offer entertainment at Epcot and DHS on those nights so day guests can still see a nighttime show if they want.

And your point??? your attempted slap ay Universal was silly... This is Disney once again cutting stuff for guests while charging more... There is no defense to this... But nice try anyway... Figured there would be one duster defending this...

Uni not showing their night time show ISN'T a cut back on HHN night.. Disney reducing EMH from 3 hours to 2 hours IS a cut back... Can't slice it any other way...

ParentsOf4

Yes they might do a bonus hour, but IOA is only open until 9pm everyday this summer. I don't think MK has a SINGLE night that closes before 10, as well as DHS since they are running Fantasmic! at 10:30pm every night.
With unlimited FPs for onsite guests, Universal doesn't have to stay open late. WDW offers evening EMH because they have no onsite benefit that comes anything close to Universal's Express Pass.

wdwfan22

Here is a thought and only a thought. Magic Kingdom may now have more 1am closing times during busy seasons then offer Extra Magic Hour till 3am. It's still a cut back for Resort Guests but allows extra time for day guests.

menamechris

Yes they might do a bonus hour, but IOA is only open until 9pm everyday this summer. I don't think MK has a SINGLE night that closes before 10, as well as DHS since they are running Fantasmic! at 10:30pm every night.

Exactly...the nighttime shows are forcing the parks to stay open later than the suits would probably like. Not gonna be surprised when we start getting reports that Wishes and Illuminations will only be on certain nights of the week. Fantastmic already did that for a couple years. Current management seems to revolve around reduction and cuts. Business people with that type of mindset never stop. It's their nature. There will never be a profit margin that TDO will reach where they say - "Okay, that looks good...we can quit screwing our guests now..."

TaoBoxer

I'm surprised that they are actually keeping the pm hrs. at all. It seemed to me that over the past few years more things ( attractions & food services ) kept closing earlier. Not really magical at all.

Bolt

Exactly...the nighttime shows are forcing the parks to stay open later than the suits would probably like. Not gonna be surprised when we start getting reports that Wishes and Illuminations will only be on certain nights of the week. Fantastmic already did that for a couple years. Current management seems to revolve around reduction and cuts. Business people with that type of mindset never stop. It's their nature. There will never be a profit margin that TDO will reach where they say - "Okay, that looks good...we can quit screwing our guests now..."
Different day - same way every thread on here ends. Every thread ends about TDO profits.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I don't see a connection between wishes, illuminations and extra magic hours. Both shows occur on nights when they don't have extra magic hours so why would they have to cut them out now that EMH is 2 hours instead of 3. I agree that the change is not defensible, but let's not read too much into it. In my opinion this is an attempt to cut costs by closing 1 hour earlier not an evil plot by business people to ruin the parks.

menamechris

I don't see a connection between wishes, illuminations and extra magic hours. Both shows occur on nights when they don't have extra magic hours so why would they have to cut them out now that EMH is 2 hours instead of 3. I agree that the change is not defensible, but let's not read too much into it. In my opinion this is an attempt to cut costs by closing 1 hour earlier not an evil plot by business people to ruin the parks.

In all honesty - I am actually thinking the way they are. Not the way the guest is. Unfortunately, its not reading into what is happening. These decision makers do NOT have an emotional connection to the parks. They could care less if Wishes is shown every night or twice a week. Or if the daytime parade is discontinued. They truly do not care. Their job is about making a series of spreadsheets look better and better every quarter. They don't analyze the emotional impact of Disney lovers if they make a strategic move that could save thousands of dollars a night. This move - reduction of EMH by one hour - will save probably tens of thousands of dollars each night evening EMH are offered. Be rested assured whatever committee made this move will be congratulated and get a bonus in the end... The next question for them will be..."Now what can we do next.."

Again, it's not about ruining or perserving the parks to them...its about having a job that is rewarded for finding ways to make more money without trying.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
In all honesty - I am actually thinking the way they are. Not the way the guest is. Unfortunately, its not reading into what is happening. These decision makers do NOT have an emotional connection to the parks. They could care less if Wishes is shown every night or twice a week. Or if the daytime parade is discontinued. They truly do not care. Their job is about making a series of spreadsheets look better and better every quarter. They don't analyze the emotional impact of Disney lovers if they make a strategic move that could save thousands of dollars a night. This move - reduction of EMH by one hour - will save probably tens of thousands of dollars each night evening EMH are offered. Be rested assured whatever committee made this move will be congratulated and get a bonus in the end... The next question for them will be..."Now what can we do next.."

Again, it's not about ruining or perserving the parks to them...its about having a job that is rewarded for finding ways to make more money without trying.

Yup. As long as this doesn't hurt attendance, they'll soon start looking for the next way they can save money.

Jim Handy

Here we go again.

This is an advertised perk for staying at Disney hotels and you can bet room rates are effected by this, lowering the value of a Disney hotel stay. And if those rumored hotel rate increases happen? It's going to be worse.

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
Does anyone have a sneaking suspicion that Bolt is one of those people discussed in the Social Media thread? The plant that they sue to try to help spin things their way? And when they fail which was happening here, they leave only to come back as someone else later on? LoL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom