Ellen's Energy Adventure technical problems

WED99

Original Poster
Um, not for nothing, it isn't going anywhere -- its had technical problems occasionally for the last ten years...Just because you had a bad ride doesn't mean "that the attraction won't last much longer"...Every attraction at WDW occasionally goes down.
I didn't say it just because the attraction went down this one time. I also took in a few other factors. Like how this happened last week also and that there were about 10 people in the 100+ seat vehicles, plus the fact that the ride is 17 years old. I'm just predicting we're seeing the final days of this attraction.

tissandtully

Does this attraction still make use of the solar panels to actually generate power? If so, do we know how much of it runs on solar power?

DManRightHere

I dont like it..and I loved bill Nye show when I was younger, does his shows still run? I dont like Ellen.

Mythbusters could be relavent. I cant remember what the dinosaurs had to do with anything. They could have a sam, solar panels, windmills for props and talk about them and something about fushion and sins about ultimate power maybe. Of course all of this would take a sponsor.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Does this attraction still make use of the solar panels to actually generate power? If so, do we know how much of it runs on solar power?

Do they even mention the fact the ride system uses solar power? The original UoE did, very prominently. I don't think the current version even mentions the biggest design feature of the building. I would love to see how much power that roof in central Florida could actually produce using modern photovoltaic cells.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
3orfh6.jpg

30547-Yeah-Mr-White-Yeah-science-bre-s84P.gif

matt9112

Um, not for nothing, it isn't going anywhere -- its had technical problems occasionally for the last ten years...Just because you had a bad ride doesn't mean "that the attraction won't last much longer"...Every attraction at WDW occasionally goes down.

another ride that screams grandparents that can be replaced?
just asking....

jt04

Awakes from armchair nap.....

Turn the attraction building into convention space. Add a state of the art hotel connected to this space which overlooks Epcot. Hold techy conventions for techy companies.

And this could be the 'home base' for the new annual tech fest.

Solved.

WED99

Original Poster

Turn the attraction building into convention space. Add a state of the art hotel connected to this space which overlooks Epcot. Hold techy conventions for techy companies.

Solved.
We already have the Wonders of Life building for conventions, use that space for a new attraction!

NoChesterHester

Solved.

Because Epcot needs more shuttered attractions...

luv

Poor Ellen, never getting the love.

Waaaayyyyy off topic but I find it funny that she is featured in two rides at Epcot but does a week long show every year at UOR.
I guess I've lost my mind. What other ride in Epcot features Ellen? I've tried going through them all and can't place the second. Help!

iheartdisney91

when i was younger i used to LOVE this ride, but since our last visit, i found myself bored while on it, and the show/ride is just too long.

Ellen loves Disney, i think they should re-film something with her and update the ride. The AA's are REALLY fun, but the film is just too long, and outdated.

jt04

We already have the Wonders of Life building for conventions, use that space for a new attraction!

I knew someone would say this. However once this new convention space opened they would be able to repurpose the WoL pavilion. Perhaps joining it to the M:S structure.

That way they could put some "Space" in that space. And some future in Future World.

This would also put the subject of Space Exploration within proximity of the futuristic hotel/convention center.

WINNER!!!!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Solved.
Go back to sleep, please. There's already a multi million dollar wasted space next door.

Stick the exhibits in the temporary (ha) tent in Showcase. Or, radically, actually use all the Innoventions buildings for what they were designed for. Not meet n greets and generic shopping malls.

jt04

Go back to sleep, please. There's already a multi million dollar wasted space next door.

Stick the exhibits in the temporary (ha) tent in Showcase. Or, radically, actually use all the Innoventions buildings for what they were designed for. Not meet n greets and generic shopping malls.

After my hotel and convention center are on-line and the new mega Space Pavilion is realized I have plenty of ideas to bring back Communicore. One step at a time though. First I need the cash flow convention hotels can provide.

But using Innoventions and the plaza for the tech fest is a great idea in the interim. Thanks.

Now I can go back to sleep. :cool:

WED99

Original Poster
I knew someone would say this. However once this new convention space opened they would be able to repurpose the WoL pavilion. Perhaps joining it to the M:S structure.

That way they could put some "Space" in that space. And some future in Future World.

This would also put the subject of Space Exploration within proximity of the futuristic hotel/convention center.

WINNER!!!!!
Or you could just open a new attraction that focuses on a completely new topic to help spread out crowds. Why waste the money turning a convention space into an attraction then turning an attraction into a convention space?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom