Eddie Sotto's take on the current state of the parks (Part II)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Having only discovered this excellent thread a few months ago, I was a big fan. Sad to see you wrap it up, but understand you've been contributing for many years and I respect your decision. Gosh, you will be missed. Best wishes to you and your family, and do take care.

donaldtoo

So it's been a long time since we logged on in 2009, and I think I've answered most questions at least once, or at least tried. So after thinking it over, I have decided to leave on a high note and make this the last day of the thread. Time to lock up. November 1st is upon us. Thank you all so much for so many great discussions and contributions, but right now I need an "intermission", so as Tony opens a new "window" on Main Street and I think we will close this "window" on wdwmagic after many great exchanges. Again, thanks to you all for a great ride of over a million hits and more than 500 pages. You made history! Maybe I will pop up again sometime, who knows? You can always stop by sottostudios.com and see what we are up to.

As Marty says, "Dream it! Do it!" Thanks again! Eddie

Wow, I missed this part.
I just (very) recently started reading this thread. My loss up to this point, but I intend to go back and read all that I can in what is obviously a fantastic thread!
Thanks for taking the time and for all of your contributions!
Hope you come back sooner rather than later.
In the meantime, happy trails...!!!

BlueSkyDriveBy

Well this is quite a capper to the weirdest week of my life!

Sorry to see you bail on the thread, Eddie. But I suspect it's for a really good reason.

Here's hoping that we'll continue to see your great design aesthetics out and about in the future.

Thanks again!

raymusiccity

Thanks for all your contributions to the forum Eddie. It has been fascinating reading, and I know a lot of readers will be sad to see you go.

Not only did the two threads notch up 1 million posts, but during all of that discussion I didn't have to do any moderating - this says a lot about the quality of the posts and the respect everyone has for you.

We all certainly do hope to see you pop back up again - you are always very welcome here on WDWMAGIC.

A class act, through and through.

'Good night Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!'

Figments Friend

Wow, I missed this part.
I just (very) recently started reading this thread. My loss up to this point, but I intend to go back and read all that I can in what is obviously a fantastic thread!

Definitely take the time to do so, and do not miss Part 1 !

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=440383

Some great photos and artwork to see, some fantastic stories and insights, and a LOT more.
Do invest several hours, days, and maybe even weeks to read it all.

Happy reading !

:)

RandySavage

Nice to see Eddie pop in and revive this thread for unique theme-park-related subjects.

Last night I walked past the Fifth Ave Tiffany & Co. Christmas Windows (about seven windows with different streetscapes)that reminded me of a theme park model of an old NYC (or London) Main St.:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7376/11403270383_c842571f2d_h.jpg

More pics can be found on the web, but if anyone's in NYC over Christmas, check it out...

On that note, now that Disney Gallery has shrunk and Blue Sky Cellar is closed, I'd pay handsomely to visit a big WDI museum with all those models and paintings of never-built (and built) attractions, parks and lands on display. Wish they'd build that as an addendum to DLR.

Omnispace

It's a bummer that the Encounter restaurant at LAX has closed. Like Ship's Westwood, it's one of those amazing futuristic places I never managed to get to on my visits to LA. Here's hoping that they can find a way to reopen it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom