East Parking Garage construction

Next Big Thing

if they added a 3rd garage would be grat to see it over to the west of the west side, along with a revamp of the hyperian warf project make it an adults area like pleasure island use to be and doing it over on the side there wouldnt affect pedestrian traffic accross the venue like PI use to
Hyperion Wharf wasn't as great as the tall tales make it out to be. I'd love to see a "Theatre District" if you will over next to Cirque. It could house either Sit-Down productions or Touring shows. Something like a sit-down Mary Poppins show would be very popular.

jt04

Hyperion Wharf wasn't as great as the tall tales make it out to be. I'd love to see a "Theatre District" if you will over next to Cirque. It could house either Sit-Down productions or Touring shows. Something like a sit-down Mary Poppins show would be very popular.

And an Imax in the same district.

jt04

if they added a 3rd garage would be grat to see it over to the west of the west side, along with a revamp of the hyperian warf project make it an adults area like pleasure island use to be and doing it over on the side there wouldnt affect pedestrian traffic accross the venue like PI use to

If they ever did such a thing it would be a standalone project elsewhere on property. IMO.

Texas84

Was it a capacity problem, or clueless guest problem?

Mainly capacity. When I arrived 1-3 were marked full, 120 on 4, 240 on 5. I parked on 4 and all rows were zero when I left. Guests were circling looking for a spot. While I was waiting to get out I watched the row numbers change from 0 to 1 when a car left and right back to 0 when a circling car grabbed the spot. Impressive. I did see one green light over a parked car.

There is also a traffic flow issue. Exit traffic is directed to the street side of the garage and blocks the ramp entrances.

halltd

There is also a traffic flow issue. Exit traffic is directed to the street side of the garage and blocks the ramp entrances.
I haven't experienced this garage yet, but from looking at the drawings that were posted on here, I wondered how it was going to function efficiently. I think I'll stick with the Orange garage's direct I-4 access, park on the roof, and walk a bit further to my destination to avoid the chaos.

Texas84

I haven't experienced this garage yet, but from looking at the drawings that were posted on here, I wondered how it was going to function efficiently. I think I'll stick with the Orange garage's direct I-4 access, park on the roof, and walk a bit further to my destination to avoid the chaos.

That will be my plan in the future. It's not a bad walk from Orange. Go between PH and Coke and you're at this building.
walkfromorange.jpg

maxairmike

I think they absolutely hamstrung the Lime garage in terms of handling crowds efficiently without the traffic changes that were initially indicated in the drawings and plans. The organization of the 2nd floor in particular is a little confusing at the eastern end. While the Orange garage certainly can fill up, it seems they set it up to succeed a little better in that you can get to surface lots from the garage without going back out onto Buena Vista in the event it actually completely fills up (I've found that a floor will usually read FULL on the signs once there are 10 or less spots, so I'll still check a floor, especially in Orange).

cindy_k

I think Disney may have made a mistake making Lime smaller than Orange.
If you miss the ramp to Orange, you wind up using Lime as its the next Light.
If you come at Disney Springs from the other side, you get to Lime first.

I think the pattern will have more people trying to get into Lime than Orange.

TimeTrip

I think Disney may have made a mistake making Lime smaller than Orange.
If you miss the ramp to Orange, you wind up using Lime as its the next Light.
If you come at Disney Springs from the other side, you get to Lime first.

I think the pattern will have more people trying to get into Lime than Orange.
Works for me as I am an Orange fan :)

Mouse Detective

I don't think the upstairs exits in the Lime Garage are as well marked. You need to locate the down ramps but many of the parking aisles don't have signs at the ends to tell you to turn left to head to those down ramps. If you've never been there, which will always be the case for most patrons, you're going to be confused on how to get out of the garage.

articos

I think you mean the only "near-real" IMAX. All the other ones are faux-max IIRC.
Right, Regal at Pointe Orlando is the only full sized IMAX in Central Florida. There's a similar but not IMAX 70mm IWERKS Large Format CineDome theater at the Orlando Science Center. Closest other full size IMAX is Kennedy Space Center or Tampa. All others are conversions.

po1998

Was at DS a couple weeks ago. Parked in the Lime Garage. The technology for locating an open spot was very cool. I'm sure it exists in many parking ramps around the world, but I've never seen it.

One oddity...when exiting, on the first floor, the signage takes you down a path between rows of cars. I'd hate to be parked there in the evening when there is mass exodus, and you are trying to back out of your spot while there is an endless stream of cars bumper to bumper in a hurry to get out of dodge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom