Dream along with Mickey going dark for 5 weeks

ToTBellHop

Would love for them to surprise with a new show when it comes back.

No excuse for a show to run this long....
Well, not a show of this calibre, anyway. The Tiki Room and keep on running as far as I'm concerned.

What if they actually put a good show in front of the Castle? Not one with an inane plot and no actual singing or performance for that matter.

IowaHawks7

A breath of fresh air would be very welcomed. One of my friends works in entertainment and they keep giving me hints that a new show is being developed. I don't know when its coming or if it even is. But my friend is usually pretty reliable in terms of entertainment news and rumors.

raymusiccity

Hoping for a new show. Dream Along has been running since 2007. It's tired and stale at this point.

It may be 'tired and stale', but it still draws a crowd and the kids never get tired of it. If it was 'bad show', it would be yanked immediately.

There's no one clamoring for the return of 'Stitch's Supersonic Adventure' !

image.jpg

Next Big Thing

What if they actually put a good show in front of the Castle? Not one with an inane plot and no actual singing or performance for that matter.
What MK needs is a theatre for shows (as @MarkTwain suggested), leave the castle open all day and remove the stage. MiCiDaPi is bad enough blocking the hub during the day before and after FOF, but constant performances of DAWM means that the castle is never truly open to guests as a walkway until late into the night.

There's plenty of room over in Storybook Circus for a theater, would be a much better option and guest satisfaction would raise through the roof by not only having actual seats in an air conditioned venue, but they'd also have the OPTION (option being the key word for those oposing MM+) to book a FP+ for the show as well. On top of that, it would allow for better guest traffic flow all day as the castle walkway would be open up until Celebrate The Magic.

ToTBellHop

What MK needs is a theatre for shows (as @MarkTwain suggested), leave the castle open all day and remove the stage. MiCiDaPi is bad enough blocking the hub during the day before and after FOF, but constant performances of DAWM means that the castle is never truly open to guests as a walkway until late into the night.

There's plenty of room over in Storybook Circus for a theater, would be a much better option and guest satisfaction would raise through the roof by not only having actual seats in an air conditioned venue, but they'd also have the OPTION (option being the key word for those opsing MM+) to book a FP+ for the show as well. On top of that, it would allow for better guest traffic flow all day as the castle walkway would be open up until Celebrate The Magic.
Absolutely agreed here. This is the setup in Disneyland.

Sage of Time

It may be 'tired and stale', but it still draws a crowd and the kids never get tired of it. If it was 'bad show', it would be yanked immediately.

There's no one clamoring for the return of 'Stitch's Supersonic Adventure' !

View attachment 91345
None of those are legitimate excuses, to be honest. Kids love everything. Disney World is crowded. Most everything has decent attendance.

Doesn't mean that a 7 year old show shouldn't receive some new life. Heck, keep the Dream Along format, just update the characters and some other incidental things.

I mean, I love the pyro at the end.

Sage of Time

There's plenty of room over in Storybook Circus for a theater, would be a much better option and guest satisfaction would raise through the roof by not only having actual seats in an air conditioned venue, but they'd also have the OPTION (option being the key word for those oposing MM+) to book a FP+ for the show as well. On top of that, it would allow for better guest traffic flow all day as the castle walkway would be open up until Celebrate The Magic.
100000% agreed. The drawbacks of having a massive castle with room in front of it are these stage shows. Disneyland is too small and charming for this mess.

BernardandBianca

Am I the only one who wouldn't be upset if there wasn't a show? :oops:

If you go to Disneyland and walk down Main Street, it's the biggest treat when you see the castle and realize you can actually go THROUGH it. And it's amazing how many guests do just that.

It's a very satisfying experience, the castle becomes not just an object at the end of the street, but a portal to another land. It also lets that entrance to Fantasyland actually be useable throughout the whole day, which is very useful from the standpoint of navigating the park.

We not only would walk through it, but stop on the side of the entrance and listen to the music. A visit to DL really wasn't complete and satisfying unless we heard Wish Upon a Star standing in the castle.

cjk0318

Many thought that Dream Along's "closure" (not even happening) would result in the closing of Celebrate The Season, which is also false- Disney Auditions are posted for Celebrate The Season as well as A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas for 2015.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom