Dream along with Mickey going dark for 5 weeks

wdrive

Well, if people enjoy them, why not let them play for as long as they draw an audience?

To keep things fresh, it would be a even bigger draw if it hadn't been playing for years.

With that logic hardly anything would change unless people stopped going. People still watched Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade yet a new parade still came along.

WDWFantasmicFan

It is thought that Dream Along With Mickey may not be performing for 5 weeks as part of the Hub redevelopment. The sound/lighting tech towers (Where everything is controlled from etc.) are being re-imagined to fit more with the castle theme, rather than that of the hub. Therefore, equipment has to be removed, new structures/buildings constructed, and equipment re-installed. Sounds like that is the main reason the show is closing down for 5 weeks...

cjk0318

It is thought that Dream Along With Mickey may not be performing for 5 weeks as part of the Hub redevelopment. The sound/lighting tech towers (Where everything is controlled from etc.) are being re-imagined to fit more with the castle theme, rather than that of the hub. Therefore, equipment has to be removed, new structures/buildings constructed, and equipment re-installed. Sounds like that is the main reason the show is closing down for 5 weeks...
Only the towers are being worked on during this time.

Kman101

And personally, I really like Dream Along ... it can be annoying I guess hearing it so much, but I find myself stopping to watch it and I can watch it numerous times. I do agree it's time for a change but I still like it and in this case don't mind it sticking around, so yeah I'll be a bit of a hypocrite on this one. I want a new show but I still like the current one, although I liked Cinderellebration too, or whatever it was.

And considering, IMO, sometimes WDW doesn't exactly write things that appeal to everyone. I liked the Castle lighting with Frozen and the Frozen Sing-Along isn't terrible (though it seems Anaheim audiences are being tougher on it, they get adult written shows) but it's written to be a bit ... juvenile. I worry we get something worse than Dream Along. But on the flipside, we COULD get something better. Right? Right?

mm52200

I wouldn't mind a new show that isn't entirely lip synced....
Same. A mix would be really appreciated. Cinderella's Surprise Celebration was a great show and featured a mix of lip syncing and live speaking/singing. The ideal show would feature some live singers, some lip syncing character performers, and the equity dancers that DAWM has.

Brian

But how will we ever know what dreams are? I mean, dreams are things you dream. And everyone has dreams because they dream. Dreams come true. Dreams are magic. Dreams.

jpeg.jpg

ToTBellHop

The dates of the closure have changed. Show is now scheduled to be dark from Jul 19-Aug 22.
Meaning the Hub Project has fallen further behind schedule. Fantastic. I'm sure the performers will be devastated that they need to be moved elsewhere during the hottest days of summer (I can scarcely imagine a worse day than dancing around on a stage in the middle of a concrete parking lot in a sweaty, smelly Mickey Mouse costume pretending that Maleficent can reasonably be defeated by the power of dreams).

the-reason14

I don't understand why there's so much hate for this show... its my favorite! I will ALWAYS stop to watch it, quote it, and sing along. The music is great, it's the perfect blend of characters, Maleficent is awesome... and messages about following your dreams are the best. I will be extremely sad when it does one day end it's run.

Just the fact that it's been there for so long. How hard would it be to make a new show? I remember waiting to watch it back in 2007, it's 2015. Time for something new. At least it's better then cindererabration but not as good as the surprise celebration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom