Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Ariel484

Yeah, I should have been clearer- it's actually active.com that's crashing, not RunDisney.
Stinks. I guess the good (?) news is that you aren't the only one that is having this problem. You'd think they'd have a better procedure in place for this by now...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Logging in as a guest seems to be working....which is pathetic, since they're shutting out their most loyal runners (people who've run their races before...)

DisneyRunner

That was awful. There were six of us trying to register. In my household we had two lap tops going. We were both getting kicked off prior to the payment screen. My DD tried at opening, had a meeting and registered successfully after that. Two of us are in for GSC and the other four are PHM.

tink65

I'm in for the 1/2! So excited! Didn't make the GSC as it was sold out by the time I was able to get online....

Got a quick question? I thought that you could personalize our bib with your favorite princess but nothing came up for me to choose during registration? Am I wrong?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Question for you experienced participants. Which WDW resorts are the host resorts? The Run Disney site mentions host resorts, but doesn't specify which ones. This is my first Run Disney race and I am psyched!

Doc Disney

Following, I too am trying to figure out which hotels are the host resorts. Also, every time I try to book something through runDisney it just takes me to the main page. I'm assuming its because the 2015 prices aren't out yet, but curious if anyone else had this problem. '
Super excited to be running this race! Its my first Disney run, but my 3rd half :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Following, I too am trying to figure out which hotels are the host resorts. Also, every time I try to book something through runDisney it just takes me to the main page. I'm assuming its because the 2015 prices aren't out yet, but curious if anyone else had this problem. '
Super excited to be running this race! Its my first Disney run, but my 3rd half :)

I noticed a phone number to call - going to try that.

meyeet

Which WDW resorts are the host resorts? The Run Disney site mentions host resorts, but doesn't specify which ones.
Following, I too am trying to figure out which hotels are the host resorts.

Found this in the FAQ of the RunDisney site.

"Princess Half Marathon Weekend transportation has been arranged for Guests staying at Walt Disney World® Resort hotels including Shades of Green® and Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort."

LAKid53

Premium Member
"Princess Half Marathon Weekend transportation has been arranged for Guests staying at Walt Disney World® Resort hotels including Shades of Green® and Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort."

Just called the number listed and all Disney resorts are available for race participants. No discounts for rooms yet - I'm an AP. But those should be out in a couple of months before the 45 day deadline in early January approaches.

a2grafix

Nice that Disney is continuing this. I had to walk over to the Polynesian from Shades, but it's better than taking a lot of Disney transportation to just get to a race host hotel like Boardwalk.

Mad Stitch

Got a quick question? I thought that you could personalize our bib with your favorite princess but nothing came up for me to choose during registration? Am I wrong?
They use your first name

No, what she is referring to is one year (or maybe more) runners would be able to pick Cinderella and their bib would be blue, pick Aurora and the bib would be pink, etc. I have no idea if they are still doing it though.

Texas84

No, what she is referring to is one year (or maybe more) runners would be able to pick Cinderella and their bib would be blue, pick Aurora and the bib would be pink, etc. I have no idea if they are still doing it though.

I want a Star Wars character on my bib for Disneyland :D

Disney Shib

I've just recently gotten into running as a way to slim down and relieve some wedding planning stress. I've participated in a couple 5K's so far this summer and will be doing the 5K during the Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February. Does anyone know where the course begins and ends?

Thanks!

Ariel484

I've just recently gotten into running as a way to slim down and relieve some wedding planning stress. I've participated in a couple 5K's so far this summer and will be doing the 5K during the Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February. Does anyone know where the course begins and ends?

Thanks!
It begins and ends outside of Epcot. :)

This is the course map for the 5K that is held in January...it's the same course as the Disney Princess 5K:
2013-WDW-5K.jpg

dreamfinder

The start & finish are really much closer than that "map" leads you to believe. If you go to Google Maps (specifically here -> https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...888,2229m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0) you can see the setup/breakdown for one of the race weekends. The green blobs in the parking lot that the map should be centered on are the bleachers for the finish line. The start line should be at the break in the trees in the parking lots, that separates the lot with cars and the lot with no cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom