Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

Early reg opened yesterday, Glass Slipper was in "On Hold" status within 5 minutes, 10k kept slipping in an out around the 15-20 minute mark. Both are officially Sold Out for early reg now.

Tinkerbell 8

I hoping to register for the glass slipper challenge next week,i learned with the wine and dine to be on the website as soon as it opens so I'm hoping I can get in!

boilerpicc

I know registration for 2016 starts on July 14. What time will the website open? My husband wants to sign up for the GSC, and I want to do the 10K.

LisaBelle

I am new to runDisney so I have some questions that may sound silly to veterans, but figured this would be the best place to ask.

My sister and I want to register for the 2016 Princess 5k. My sister may not be able to be at her computer when registration opens at noon. Am I able to register for her or does each person have to register on their own? I am guessing that it would be faster if we are both online and registering at noon, but if she can't be at her computer at that time I figured it might be worth a shot.
If the event sells out do they have a waiting list?
I saw on the runDisney website that you can run for charity and you are guaranteed race entry even if the event is sold out. Is the run for charity an option for the 5k?
Has anyone done the run for charity and does it involve a lot of fundraising work?
Thanks in advance for your help!

dreamfinder

My sister and I want to register for the 2016 Princess 5k. My sister may not be able to be at her computer when registration opens at noon. Am I able to register for her or does each person have to register on their own? I am guessing that it would be faster if we are both online and registering at noon, but if she can't be at her computer at that time I figured it might be worth a shot.

You can register for other people. It will be faster if you are both trying as it's more a linear process that each person needs to go through.

If the event sells out do they have a waiting list?

Not usually. They have done a waiting list once or twice, but it's not a common occurance.

I saw on the runDisney website that you can run for charity and you are guaranteed race entry even if the event is sold out. Is the run for charity an option for the 5k?

It may be. They don't seem to have posted the charity groups yet for the Princess which is a bit odd. Maybe tomorrow? Most concentrate on the longer distances, but some have offered 5k slots.

Has anyone done the run for charity and does it involve a lot of fundraising work?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Running for a charity will depend on the charity. Their minimums may vary, as will what they include. Some are entry only, others include training, lodging, park tickets, etc. Pulling up 3 charities for Marathon weekend in January, one had no 5k slots, one was $300 minimum, another was $675 minimum.

LisaBelle

You can register for other people. It will be faster if you are both trying as it's more a linear process that each person needs to go through.

Not usually. They have done a waiting list once or twice, but it's not a common occurance.

It may be. They don't seem to have posted the charity groups yet for the Princess which is a bit odd. Maybe tomorrow? Most concentrate on the longer distances, but some have offered 5k slots.

Running for a charity will depend on the charity. Their minimums may vary, as will what they include. Some are entry only, others include training, lodging, park tickets, etc. Pulling up 3 charities for Marathon weekend in January, one had no 5k slots, one was $300 minimum, another was $675 minimum.
Thank you so much for answering my questions! Keeping my fingers crossed that we can get in. We are trying to do this to celebrate my 50th birthday!

LisaBelle

This may be a stupid question, but here goes: When registration opens tomorrow will the registration form be under the registration tab or will there be a link from the website? Obviously I am a first timer and am not sure what to expect. Thanks!

dreamfinder

This may be a stupid question, but here goes: When registration opens tomorrow will the registration form be under the registration tab or will there be a link from the website? Obviously I am a first timer and am not sure what to expect. Thanks!

It should definitely be on the registration tab, they may also have a link on the main event page. You will be directed to the registration site at Active.com. You may also want to try checking out their Twitter/Facebook feeds as the RunDisney site is known to crash at important times. From the RunDisney Facebook page
11141125_1214645925228034_8157870127016932183_o.jpg

GPoppins

Does anyone have any insight as to why the RunDisney site is just a white space? I registered early for the 5K but would like to purchase Pasta in the Park tickets - anyone know how to go about doing that? Thanks in advance!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone have any insight as to why the RunDisney site is just a white space? I registered early for the 5K but would like to purchase Pasta in the Park tickets - anyone know how to go about doing that? Thanks in advance!
It has been that way for most of the day. Looks like they are possibly having capacity problems.

epcotisbest

Website was down but finally got through and registered both my wife and her sister. Was a little worried with the website issues, but all is well, they are registered and happy.

GPoppins

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm all registered for the race but cannot, for the life of me, find a link to purchase Pasta in the Park or breakfast tickets. The site is so wonky...

dreamfinder

Honest question are there many guys that run this half marathon? Seems like its geared towards woman

Last year's half marathon had 1720 men, 18518 women. So at least a 10 to 1 ratio. Don't think those include glass slipper runners. It is geared toward women, but men are welcome. The first time I ran it they only had women's cut shirts, and I think the ratio was closer to 15 or 20 to 1.

dreamfinder

• Disney Princess Half Marathon - 85%
  • Disney Glass Slipper Challenge - 99%
  • Disney Princess Enchanted 10K - 95%
  • Disney Princess 5K - 60%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 50%
  • ChEAR Squad
  • Commemorative Items
On RunDisney.com, but Active.com shows Glass Slipper as full and 10k on hold.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Last year's half marathon had 1720 men, 18518 women. So at least a 10 to 1 ratio. Don't think those include glass slipper runners. It is geared toward women, but men are welcome. The first time I ran it they only had women's cut shirts, and I think the ratio was closer to 15 or 20 to 1.
Thanks for the status, in all honesty that's more men then I would have estimated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom