1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Discussion in 'Running at WDW' started by wdwmagic, Aug 13, 2011.

1. TDGMedley

TDGMedley Active Member

Thank you, I will probably run with my daughter. She can walk but has trouble, she is very bow legged and her feet turn on her. She will need picked up, im sure. Hope its gets better for her. We go for another check up next week. But my son is the one i thought might want to run alone. Thats good they to that with the bibs. I know its Disney just didnt know how safe it would be not right beside them.

2. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

I had to stop at the gift shop and buy some Crocs because I forgot to pack my flip flops...and there was no way my feet would be happy in a closed shoe. Expected my legs to be near rubber, but it was my feet, the right one in particular, that did me in. I cursed Disney when I saw that last hill (okay on ramp) to run up. Disney's version of Heartbreak Hill in Boston.

Hope your foot is okay.

Greenlawler likes this.
  3. surfsupdon

surfsupdon Well-Known Member

Next year, the Glass Slipper Challenge is now named the Fairy Tale Challenge.

Another name change, similar to DLand half and W&D.

4. LAKid53

What IS it with all the race name changes? First, it was the W&D 5k, then the DLR Half, the W&D Challenge, possibly the SW Light Side and NOW the Glass Slipper?! Why? Such an iconic name...

Glad to know I ran in the last Glass Slipper....

surfsupdon likes this.
  5. dreamfinder

dreamfinder Well-Known Member

A name change keeps them from being locked into a single princess. Even though they changed the race themes, glass slipper ends up tying into back to Cinderella. Fairy Tale is a more generic theme.

6. Delgado

Delgado Member

I'm very jealous I wanted to run next year specifically for the glass slipper medal!!!!

7. LAKid53

Early registration opens tomorrow. I just got back a few hours ago from the SW Dark Side.....

But my fingers will be hovering over my keyboard at 11:59. And I've already made my resort reservation - at Copper Creek.

8. LAKid53

WT?, runDisney. It's 12:07 and your AP/DVC member early registration link for the 2018 Princess keeps sending me to the Virtual Shorts...

:devilish:

9. LAKid53

Finally got in through the DVC member site, AP link still not functioning. But I'm registered. And I prepurchased all the commemorative merchandise, since this is the 10th anniversary.

Still wish it was the Glass Slipper Challenge..... :(

psherman42, TDGMedley and Swissmiss like this.
  10. CrazyEm

CrazyEm Well-Known Member

Planning on registering on Tuesday but really struggling signing up for a race almost 300 days away. I thought registration in July was a more reasonable time to sign up.

surfsupdon and LAKid53 like this.
  11. psherman42

psherman42 Well-Known Member

I've never wanted to do the Princess weekend, and I'm already signed up for the marathon but I kind of want to do this now since it's the 10th..ugh. The struggle.

LAKid53 likes this.
  12. LAKid53

They should be listed on the runDisney registration page for the particular race. However, the TAs usually have a minimum number of nights you have to book. I've always used Disney travel, since I'm an AP. And now that I'm DVC, I just use points.

ETA: Forgot to mention an important fact about the TAs listed - the cost includes a race bib, i.e., registration. Not sure if they will book just a room/tickets for you. Kingdom Konsultants is a Disney authorized travel agency...and a sponsor of this forum. If the race TAs won't provide just a room/ticket package, contact them.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  13. dreamfinder

• Fairy Tale Challenge - Sold Out 5/2/2017
    • Half Marathon
    • 10k - Sold Out 5/2/2017
    • Princess 5k - Sold Out 5/2/2017
    • Kids Races

14. Disneymom201

Disneymom201 Active Member

Doing the Fairy Tale Challenge. So excited!!!!!

surfsupdon, JillC LI and LAKid53 like this.
  15. paul436

paul436 Active Member

What are the transportation options to and from the 1/2 marathon? I haven't decided upon a resort yet.

TDGMedley likes this.
  16. TDGMedley

TDGMedley Active Member

I think the only option is the resort buses, unless you want to drive your own car.

17. LAKid53

Charted buses, which start running at 3:00 or 3:30. rundisney wants you on the bus by a certain time to make sure you get to your corral on time. Traffic to the starting point for the 2017 Princess Half was very heavy. Once we got through security, bag check, etc., it was a long walk to the starting corrals. They had to delay the start of the race because runners were still trying to get to their corrals at 5:30.

If you stay on property, don't drive your car to the race starting point. The race finishes in Epcot. Your car may be parked somewhere else. Take the bus - all resorts are now race resorts. You don't want to miss the race because you got stuck in traffic. I expect the 2018 Princess Half to be very crowded, since it's the 10th anniversary.

paul436 likes this.
  18. paul436

paul436 Active Member

Thanks. I was concerned that only certain resorts were receiving bus service to the race. Glad to know I can stay at any resort and still get to the race without a car.

19. dreamfinder

runDisney will offer bus service from any Host Resort. For the larger events, that should be every resort. If they bring back something like the Expedition Everest Challenge, or maybe even the ToT 13k/10m, those may have limited host resorts due to their smaller registration numbers.

Swissmiss, paul436 and surfsupdon like this.
  20. paul436

paul436 Active Member

Do they increase transportation service to ESPN WWoS to accomodate bib pick-up before races?