1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Discussion in 'Running at WDW' started by wdwmagic, Aug 13, 2011.

1. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I see, we get special treatment. ;)

surfsupdon likes this.
  2. surfsupdon

surfsupdon Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly. Corral A is reserved for sub 1:51 racers, and B was for 1:54 racers. But my proof of time was 1:38 so I can deduce where I would be, even though A is solely for Women, which is cool.

3. Sumrdog

Sumrdog Well-Known Member

Not in my opinion. I have done 13 races and never thought I wished I had shelled out 120$ for a private porta-pottie or a special tent. I like to wander around before the race too and see everyone's costumes, get photos do the cheesy warm up with the DJ. I don't think you get that experience in the private tent.

surfsupdon likes this.
  4. LAKid53

Thanks. From the description, I didn't pickup the private tent start.

5. dreamfinder

dreamfinder Well-Known Member

I haven't, but the worth will really vary from person to person and event to event. The years where it is cold/rainy before an event (see 2010? Marathon weekend, and even the 2017 Marathon) being able to stay warm/dry for the extra time would be well worth it to some people. But other years where it's 50-70 out, then you might see it as a waste. Ditto for the port a potties. If you need to rest a few times before the race, then not having to wait in the long lines might be a plus, but if you are a one and done, then probably not.
    For some people, the benefit of the early admission to the Expo alone might be worth it now. Not sure if that is a permanent thing, but they did it in January.

6. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Well-Known Member

My charity sent me a list of corals and then when I printed my bib I knew my bib number and coral letter.

7. TDGMedley

TDGMedley Active Member

How fast does the princess half marathon fill up. After reading alot of people post Im worried? Wanting to run 2018

8. dreamfinder

I'd point you to my availability tracker, but the Princess data seems to have disappeared. For this year it filled up in about a week.

TDGMedley likes this.
  9. Sumrdog

Sumrdog Well-Known Member

I think if you already know you want to do it. Then you should have no problem registering on the day it opens.

TDGMedley likes this.
  10. TDGMedley

TDGMedley Active Member

If i sign up for the princess 5k is there enough time to get to the kids dashes race?

11. surfsupdon

surfsupdon Well-Known Member

Yes. If the race starts at 6:30a, the official time limit (16min/mile) would have you finished at 7:18. Add about 30mins to allow for Corral waves, and you're probably definitely done running by 830a. And that is on the extreme high side.

TDGMedley likes this.
  12. dreamfinder

Yeah. We have done that the last two years during January weekend, do the 5k, then go back, get cleaned up and then head over to WWoS for the kids races.

TDGMedley likes this.
  13. tribbleorlfl

tribbleorlfl Well-Known Member

Another quick question about the kids races. I see they're being run both Friday or Saturday. Do you just show up whichever day you want to run or are you assigned a day? If they're assigned, is there By way to find out which day in advance if getting their bibs?

My daughter (4) is running for the first time (200 yd dash), but the logistics are tricky. My wife is running the 5k on Friday and running a school function on Saturday, so either way, I have to take my daughter for her race. If it's Friday, I need trequest the day off and bring her out after I drop her older brother off at school.

Also, since the dashes start at 9:30, what's the latest we can (or recommended to) check in/show up? 9?

14. LAKid53

So everybody excited about this weekend? I just checked the weather and it's going to be warmer than previous years. No Frozen Princess this year. :joyfull:

Sumrdog and surfsupdon like this.
  15. TDGMedley

TDGMedley Active Member

I know its early but so excited, Just booked trip and Princess 1/2 Marathon,and 5k for 2018!!!

16. LAKid53

Just got out of the Expo. Bought waaay too much stuff. Love some of this year's NB shoes, but resisted.

Nap time!

Swissmiss likes this.
  17. LAKid53

Sitting on the bus waiting to be transported to Epcot for the 5k. Temperature is in the mid 60s at 4:00am. Gonna be a warm race weekend. :(

The 10k tomorrow all runs through Epcot...so get to run miles around the parking lot, lol.

JillC LI, surfsupdon and Swissmiss like this.
  18. LAKid53

2 down, one more to go. Love the medals this year.

I just wish some runners would pay attention to the announcement at the race about runners etiquette. Yesterday, some one actually ran into me. This morning, as I was trying to pass someone after saying, "coming through on your right", the guy threw his arm out and smacked me in the face. But at least he apologized.

Just wish those full of energy kids wouldn't run full speed through a crowd of runners - someone is going to get tripped and their race spoiled.

JillC LI and Swissmiss like this.
  19. Swissmiss

Swissmiss Well-Known Member

@LAKid53 - congrats on finishing the first two races and good luck tomorrow! I have loads of respect for challenge runners; I don't think I could run three races in a row - even for some nice bling ;)

TDGMedley and LAKid53 like this.
  20. LAKid53

Thanks. I'm hoping my feet hold up. Will probably walk most of the race, even if I have to crawl across that finish line....

surfsupdon and Swissmiss like this.