• Disney Princess Half Marathon - 95%
  • Disney Glass Slipper Challenge - SOLD OUT
  • Disney Princess Enchanted 10K - SOLD OUT
  • Disney Princess 5K - 65%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 70%
  • ChEAR Squad
  • Commemorative Items

Seminole09

I have a question about discounted WDW resort room rates + theme park ticket packages. This is my first time running the Princess Half. I am running the Wine & Dine Half this year and was able to book a discounted WDW resort room & theme park ticket package.

I called today to Run Disney to see what the discounted rates are for the Princess Half and what are the host hotels for the race. The phone representative said that they are not extending discounts on resort rooms and/or theme park ticket packages for the Princess Half. I explained to him how I was able to do this for the Wine & Dine Half this November. His explanation was that the Princess Half is considered one of their most popular running events (like the full marathon) and they are not offering discounts for that reason. He explained that could change and I can continue to check back online.

From previous experience with the Princess Half, is this true or did I just get someone who doesn't have the right information? I thought that was one of the perks for spending the money to do the Princess Half. Thank you all in advance for your help!

meyeet

I have a question about discounted WDW resort room rates + theme park ticket packages. This is my first time running the Princess Half. I am running the Wine & Dine Half this year and was able to book a discounted WDW resort room & theme park ticket package.

I called today to Run Disney to see what the discounted rates are for the Princess Half and what are the host hotels for the race. The phone representative said that they are not extending discounts on resort rooms and/or theme park ticket packages for the Princess Half. I explained to him how I was able to do this for the Wine & Dine Half this November. His explanation was that the Princess Half is considered one of their most popular running events (like the full marathon) and they are not offering discounts for that reason. He explained that could change and I can continue to check back online.

From previous experience with the Princess Half, is this true or did I just get someone who doesn't have the right information? I thought that was one of the perks for spending the money to do the Princess Half. Thank you all in advance for your help!
Unfortunately this is true. They did not offer discounted tickets last year either.

epcotisbest

It is supply and demand. Why would they offer discounts with something so popular? They certainly don't need to offer perks to encourage people to sign up for it. The event is almost sold out already and registration only started a few hours ago.

Seminole09

It is supply and demand. Why would they offer discounts with something so popular? They certainly don't need to offer perks to encourage people to sign up for it. The event is almost sold out already and registration only started a few hours ago.
Ya, I get your point here. I am fairly new to run disney events, and assumed that all events are considered popular. The Wine & Dine Half sold out this past year within a couple of hours.

epcotisbest

Ya, I get your point here. I am fairly new to run disney events, and assumed that all events are considered popular. The Wine & Dine Half sold out this past year within a couple of hours.
Good luck with the run. Hope you enjoy it. My wife has not decided her costume for this year. She was a mermaid this year, last year Snow White and she has also ran in a Tink outfit and various others.

Seminole09

Good luck with the run. Hope you enjoy it. My wife has not decided her costume for this year. She was a mermaid this year, last year Snow White and she has also ran in a Tink outfit and various others.
I am sure I will! I am looking forward to it; I've only heard great things about it. Now my sisters and I are debating what we'll do for a costume too :)

Tinkerbell 8

I was able to register for the glass slipper challenge when registration first opened. I was getting nervous since I stared at a blank white screen for 15 minutes but then the website finally loaded, I had a similar issue when registering for the Wine and Dine too, you think they would work on this seeing as the races sell out within hours. I was also hoping for a discount on the room/tickets like they offered for Wine and Dine, especially after paying over $300 for the race! But this is a solo trip so it's not too bad, and I booked the AOA LM room since it was not much more than Pop and I have been dying to stay here since it opened. Now to figure out a costume!

LisaBelle

It should definitely be on the registration tab, they may also have a link on the main event page. You will be directed to the registration site at Active.com. You may also want to try checking out their Twitter/Facebook feeds as the RunDisney site is known to crash at important times. From the RunDisney Facebook page
11141125_1214645925228034_8157870127016932183_o.jpg

Charities and travel providers were added today. Some I spot checked do have 5k slots, ranging from $300-$650.
Thanks so much for all of the information and tips. Especially the information on the charities. I could not get on the runDisney site at all. It was all white space as mentioned by another forum member above. Since I am one of the only people in the world who is not on Twitter or Facebook, I could not use those methods. Luckily my sister could and she was able to register both of us for the 5k!!! I am sooo excited!!

dreamfinder

• Disney Princess Half Marathon - SOLD OUT
  • Disney Princess 5K - 75%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 80%
  • Breakfast
  • Race Retreat - 50%
  • ChEAR Squad
  • Commemorative Items
Since I am one of the only people in the world who is not on Twitter or Facebook, I could not use those methods. Luckily my sister could and she was able to register both of us for the 5k!!! I am sooo excited!!

Glad you were able to register. FYI, you don't need to be a Twitter or Facebook user to view the posts that contain the registration link, they are publicly accessible. Somewhat wisely runDisney does use them as a poor mans CDN, providing alternatives to see the link when their site crashes under load.

dreamfinder

Adding pricing for historical purposes.

Disney Princess Half Marathon presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

• $175 by August 4, 2015
  • $190 between August 5 and August 25, 2015
  • $205 on or after August 26, 2015
Disney Enchanted 10K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
  • $110 by August 4, 2015
  • $125 between August 5 and August 25, 2015
  • $140 on or after August 26, 2015
Glass Slipper Challenge presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
  • $305 by August 4, 2015
  • $340 between August 5 and August 25, 2015
  • $365 on or after August 26, 2015
Disney Princess 5K presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
  • $65 per participant by August 25, 2015
  • $75 per participant on or after August 26, 2015
runDisney Kids Races - Dashes
  • $15 per participant by August 25, 2015
  • $20 per participant on or after August 26, 2015
runDisney Kids Races – 1 Mile Run
  • $30 per participant by August 25, 2015
  • $35 per participant on or after August 26, 2015

The best to hope for is a late winter discount, although I expect they'll be pretty limited that week. My suggestion is to go through KK and have us watch for a discount for you. If it is available for your travel dates and resort choice, we'll apply it to your reservation for you.

I'm so excited to be registered for the Glass Slipper Challenge!!!!!!

I'm running the 10K with my mother, and my daughter is also doing the Half Marathon. Last year, I ran the half by myself. This year, I managed to talk 10 friends into doing the race with me! LOL! It's going to be INCREDIBLE!!!!

dreamfinder

• Disney Princess 5K - 85%
  • runDisney Kids Races - 90%
  • Breakfast
  • Race Retreat - 50%
  • ChEAR Squad
  • Commemorative Items

dreamfinder

• Disney Princess 5K - SOLD OUT
  • runDisney Kids Races - 99%
  • Breakfast
  • Race Retreat - 50%
  • ChEAR Squad
  • Commemorative Items

dreamfinder

• Disney Princess 5K - SOLD OUT
  • runDisney Kids Races - SOLD OUT
  • Breakfast - 50%
  • Race Retreat - 55%
  • ChEAR Squad
  • Commemorative Items
So as of now, any race entries would need to be arranged through a charity group or a travel agent.

surfsupdon

I forget.

Did we give proof of time when we signed up??

I do not remember getting an email? Maybe we did.

Therefore I don't know if I gave my proof....which would stink big time!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom