Disney's Moana

Rjones1325

I saw this on November 9th which was a very hard day. I needed a Disney movie to make me feel better which this did. Only a Disney film can make me feel good after a long day and this was worth it by putting a smile on my face from beginning to end.

http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//moana-review

Disney’s 56th animated feature Moana is another film from Musker and Clements that effectively works with toe-tapping tunes and brilliant styles of animation to help tell a story of a strong heroine and her epic journey of self-identity.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
The only negative impact that I think this film could possibly have is that now even Musker and Clements might not continue to push for hand drawn animation.

ewensell3

Just saw Moana tonight. Very good story. Definitely stay all the way through the credits!

In the "Production Babies" section of the credits one of them has a star... "*Cooper". Is there something to it?

fractal

Just got back with my 15 year old daughter and niece.

I really enjoyed it. Visually it's amazingly beautiful; at times jaw-dropping. Story takes a lot of "buy-in" but worth it in the end. Fast paced and entertaining.

As for the 15 year old? I've never seen my daughter so reactive after the movie. Jumping and singing all the way to the car - found the lead song on Spotify and played it all the way home. My niece said "I'm just so...Happy!".
Looks like this could be a big hit for Disney.

Matt_Black

You're a dope.

I'm pretty sure they were giving you a bit of good-natured ribbing.

foghorn.jpg

Fox&Hound

I can't this music out of my head....

Spoiler****** (kind of)

If you did see it, did you find the giant crab totally random? I loved the movie but just didn't really see how he fit the tone at all. And that song was so so bad. Was also kinda bummed the pig did not have more of a role based off of the trailer and poster.

******* (spoiler end)

Overall, fantastic movie!!!!!

mickey v-neck

Spoiler****** (kind of)

If you did see it, did you find the giant crab totally random? I loved the movie but just didn't really see how he fit the tone at all. And that song was so so bad. Was also kinda bummed the pig did not have more of a role based off of the trailer and poster.

******* (spoiler end)

Agree it felt random but I thought it was also hilarious. I kinda dig the song too.

Matt_Black

I know. As someone who once had a dream about David Bowie doing the music for a Disney film, I am totally okay with Miranda throwing in a 70s glam rock tribute number as the Disney villain song. Admittedly, it starts off a little weak, but once that hook kicks in, YEAH.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Spoiler****** (kind of)

******* (spoiler end)

Here's where you can find the button to add spoiler tag...

spoiler.png

Hi there. You highlight what gets spoiled and click on the spoiler button.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom