Disney's Moana

Sped2424

Original Poster
I don't understand the crazy love for La La Land, it was an okay musical. I guess people just forgot what a movie musical used to look like so they think this one is amazing.
I'd say it's the original musical made big for the film screen thing that has everyone so enamored. I can't remember the last time hollywood did an original musical with a list stars in the same kind of earnest manner.

doctornick

I'd say it's the original musical made big for the film screen thing that has everyone so enamored. I can't remember the last time hollywood did an original musical with a list stars in the same kind of earnest manner.

Of course, if they wanted to honor a delightful musical with original songs, then Moana would be a good option. But the film industry doesn't regard animated films as "serious" enough to warrant consideration for the "real" awards.

Similarly, if you wanted a film that deals with racism on a very real level and offers a poignant social commentary, Zootopia would be a great option.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you have not watched the special features on Moana you really need to. The documentary on what they did to tesearch and to integrate the Polynesian culture accurately into the movie is just amazing. Such a touching movie and a tribute to all those who had input to bringing it to the screen.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
If you have not watched the special features on Moana you really need to. The documentary on what they did to tesearch and to integrate the Polynesian culture accurately into the movie is just amazing. Such a touching movie and a tribute to all those who had input to bringing it to the screen.

I'm blown away by the fact that they seem to have made IRL many of the costumes and props, then animated them. That's a lot of effort to represent things accurately.

I didn't get to see Moana when it was in wide release. My only viewing of it on a big screen was while aboard the Disney Magic at the beginning of this month. We got the blu-ray and I've watched it four times. I'm completely enamoured by this movie. It's just fantastic.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom