Disneyland Australia, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Yes, it was fake, haha. It was the answer to an assignment based on an alternate history where Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was never built.

Brer Panther

Okay, since you were all so interested in my "Pink Elephants roller coaster" idea, I've whipped up a ride-through. Let's take a trip!

The entrance to the ride looks normal enough: a large tent with yellow and orange stripes. At night, however, the tent changes color thanks to some creepy lighting and becomes pink, fittingly enough. I’ve created a mock-up of the sign above the ride’s entrance below.

Let’s head inside. We see posters advertising the circus acts and animals. Many of them are fairly normal: tigers, lions, gorillas, camels, hippos, zebras, giraffes… And finally, at the end, elephants. At night, like the tent, the elephants turn pink (in this case, using the same technology as the changing portraits over at the Haunted Mansion). As we head through the queue, we can see the shadows of clowns projected on the tent walls and hear them talking about their next big act. Also here is a large crate of musical instruments that kids can use to play a song from the movie.

Finally, we arrive at the load area and climb aboard our ride vehicles: large tubs of “water”. Yes, this is gonna be a SPINNING COASTER, similar to Primeval Whirl at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The tubs resemble the one from the movie that Dumbo and Timothy drank from and fit a maximum of four people. I’m not sure who will provide the safety spiel.

As soon as everyone has strapped in, the tub spins out of the tent and enters the circus ground at night. Sitting over by a tub of water are Dumbo and Timothy, fast asleep. As they snooze, Dumbo occasionally blows a bubble with his trunk. As our tub turns away from them, a bubble floats into view in front of us. Suddenly, it starts to change shape and becomes a ghost-like Pink Elephant (a projection). The Pink Elephant blows three more Pink Elephants. We zip away and start to chug up a lift hill. At the top of the lift hill are those four Pink Elephants again, playing their trunks like trumpets.

Then we go down the ride’s first drop and find ourselves surrounded by Pink Elephants. Some play their trunks like musical instruments in a marching band, some make their way down a staircase, some ice-skate… And all the while our tub zipping up and down drops, spinning left and right, and overall going crazy. Like the Heffalumps and Woozles sequence in the Winnie the Pooh attractions around the world, many of the character designs for the Pink Elephants come from the film. One Pink Elephant (well, a RED Elephant technically), for example, throws a lightning bolt at us that narrowly misses and creates a spark. One Pink Elephant, shaped like a camel, changes into a rearing cobra and attempts to take a bite out of the riders. Two Pink Elephants walk through each other, becoming one large, two-headed, Plaid Elephant and explode. Most of these Pink Elephants are in fact projections, but some are actually very advanced Audio-Animatronics.

Suddenly, we are stopped in our tracks by a large Pink Elephant made up of elephant heads. Fortunately, we quickly drop down below it before it can attack us, leading us into the ride’s grand finale…

Pink Elephants shaped like vehicles are zipping around us as we spin down the biggest drop in the entire attraction. It’s pure madness.

Finally, KA-BLAM! We’re caught in an explosion and go through a “video tunnel” (like the one at the end of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin”) dotted with falling Pink Elephants...

We emerge from the video tunnel in broad daylight. We’re not at the circus anymore; we’ve arrived in a sunny forest. Dumbo and Timothy rest above our heads in the branches of a tree. So was it all a dream? Seems that way…

From there, our tub parks in the load area and we are allowed to disembark and head back outside to Dumbo’s Circus. Another benefit of riding at night: only at night is there a large elephant-like shadow projected on the wall as we leave, giving off the impression that our little experience wasn’t quite a dream…

Attachments

• Pink Elephants on Parade.jpg
    Pink Elephants on Parade.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 65

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I think it's safe to say that we won't need a Pooh attraction at our park. You basically turned the Heffalumps and Woozles scene into a roller coaster and it's awesome! Our little circus area is turning into something truly awesome. So for that area alone we have...

1. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
2. Mickey's Madcap Circus or Fun House (we still need to figure this one out)
3. Pink Elephants on Parade
4. Casey Jr. Circus Train
5. Storybook Land Canal Boats

Okay, so the last two were obviously just tacked on last minute. Personally, Storybook Land is a true classic and should be featured in all Fantasylands, or at least in my opinion. Since Casey Jr. naturally encompasses the majority of Storybook Land, it only seems right to have both rides be stationed in Dumbo's Circus. One thing I've thought of for our Casey Jr. is to have it go by miniature landmarks of its own, meaning those not seen as easily from Storybook Land. Thoughts? Whilst Storybook Land features miniature figures and orchestrated scores in its scenes, Casey Jr. does not, instead featuring locations and the respective Casey Jr. theme. In addition to that, I was thinking Skull Rock could stand in for the classic Monstro as the ride's central icon, perhaps even featuring a miniature battle between Hook and Pan inside.

orlando678-

I dont really think storybookland fits there. Maybe we could think of a new concept but with the same idea of casey junior train coaster, but just not around storybookland.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
It'd just be the loading area, not actual Storybook Land. Or we could do it another way - have Casey Jr. stationed in the circus and have Storybook Land's boats docked somewhere else, even though the rides still intertwine.

You could re theme TSMM to the circus. Using different characters.

how about you mash Casey Jr. and Storybook Canals together so you are traveling high in the mountaintops and the miniatures are forced perspective? You would change the miniatures to different themes though. It could work.

Pink Elephants On Parade
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Mickey's Madcap Circus- this could be a re-theme of Toy Story Mania so you are participating in the circus. It could integrate all sorts of neat effects!

I had an idea a while back where we integrate a bunch of sections and put them into Toontown. There's already a Neighborhood and Downtown. What about Toontown Park or Toontown Circus? THen, we could keep the amazing Toontown, and make it better.

By the way, let's add Silly Symphony Swings to the mix. That fits the theme nicely, don't you think?

It wouldn't be just a re-theming of TSMM. I just meant it would have games throughout. The ride would also include dark ride portions between the games using trackless technology.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Hmm...I'm actually kind of liking the idea of making Madcap Circus an interactive dark ride, but perhaps not an exact takeoff of TSMM. To me, the whole point of Madcap Circus is simple, it's an adventure through a circus full of mayhem. I'm seeing the inclusion of carnival games, but when it comes down to it, I think we should steer clear of screens and go the Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek direction - an interactive dark ride where instead of gaining points, riders trigger the various sight gags and scenery as they go along. I'm all for having an amazing Toon Town, but I'd personally prefer having it in Fantasyland. Casey Jr., if given scenery from various Disney films would logistically make more sense in Fantasyland. Here's what I'm personally seeing... I've completely Chernabog Square to include a villain area.

Fantasyland

Storybook Village:

1. ??? Castle
2. Happily Ever After: A boat ride beneath the castle, a ride dedicated to the happy endings of Disney's finest.
3. Ichabod's Midnight Ride
4. Unnamed Sleeping Beauty Ride
5. Unnamed Mary Poppins Ride
6. Unnamed 101 Dalmatians Ride
7. Unnamed Tangled Ride
8. Belle's Storybook Journey
9. Cinderella Carousel
10. Mad Tea Party

Enchanted Forest

11. Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train
12. Fantasia Gardens: Walk through garden featuring representations of Fantasia scenes.
13. Enchanted Chateau: Meet n greet for all the princesses.

Dumbo's Circus

14. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
15. Pink Elephants on the Parade
16. Casey Jr. Circus Train
17. Mickey's Madcap Circus

Small World Plaza

18. It's a Small World
19. Outdoor Amphitheater for Nighttime Show

Dark Forest

20. Dragon Tower: An inverted roller coaster inhabited by a humongous dragon.
21. Villains Live!: A 4D movie.
22. Villainy Cove: A meet n greet for villains.

Neverland

23. Skull Rock & Jolly Roger: A playground.

Arendelle

24. Unnamed Frozen Dark Ride

It's HUGE! What should we do?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Yeah, but we're starting over from scratch. As beautiful as Belle's Castle is, I'm now wondering if it'd be difficult having a Belle dark ride faraway from the castle of its namesake.

Twilight_Roxas

Well we could still do Arendelle castle even if theres a Frozen attraction. Is Disneyland Australia going to have that Frozen event like in the other parks?

TheKarnivalKid

I think the best castle would be Snow White's castle because the film is still famous after almost 80 years and played a significant role in Disney history. Also, no other park has Snow White's castle so it would set us apart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom