Disneyland Australia, Open Brainstorming

mharrington

Well if you want you could put it in DKT if you want to even create a circus area but thats your choice.

You're missing the point. This has nothing to do with where to put the ride, but with what to put IN the ride itself. I had several ideas for scenes in the ride, because it's going to be themed to old Mickey shorts of the past.

Brer Panther

If we're going for an all-original Fantasyland, perhaps we could have Mary Poppins as a replacement for Peter Pan (the overhead tracked ride), Beauty and the Beast as a replacement for Snow White (the creepy ride) and One Hundred and One Dalmatians in place of Mr. Toad (the crazy ride). They were originally going to do that for Disney World (albeit with Sleeping Beauty instead of Snow White and Ichabod Crane in place of Mr. Toad).
And I like the idea of bringing back Chernabog Square!

TheKarnivalKid

My idea for Fantasyland would more closely resemble Shanghai's Fantasyland or the Fantasyland Expansion. It would basically be a huge Enchanted Forest with Disney forest characters (Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Pooh Ride, Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, etc.). The other section could be called something like the Dark Forest and would include Maleficent, a Night on Bald Mountain ride, and other villains.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I wish SYWTBAI was still around so I could find the ride through of Madcap Circus, it was a lot better in the actual ride through, so I guess I'll have to start from scratch, unfortunately. If anything, we can just makeup a new fun house-type dark ride for Mickey.

What if, instead, it was Mary Poppins in place of Pan, Sleepy Hollow in place of Snow White, Sleeping Beauty in place of Pinocchio, 101 Dalmatians in place of Toad, and Frozen in place of Alice (I forgot that DL has five classics). Our Beauty & the Beast dark ride would be an ominmover in the epic style of Ariel's Undersea Adventure, utilizing huge set pieces, fluid animatronics, and so on.

JokersWild

I wish SYWTBAI was still around so I could find the ride through of Madcap Circus, it was a lot better in the actual ride through, so I guess I'll have to start from scratch, unfortunately. If anything, we can just makeup a new fun house-type dark ride for Mickey.

What if, instead, it was Mary Poppins in place of Pan, Sleepy Hollow in place of Snow White, Sleeping Beauty in place of Pinocchio, 101 Dalmatians in place of Toad, and Frozen in place of Alice (I forgot that DL has five classics). Our Beauty & the Beast dark ride would be an ominmover in the epic style of Ariel's Undersea Adventure, utilizing huge set pieces, fluid animatronics, and so on.
Try the Wayback Machine. Tiki and I are going to try that to recover as much as we can.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Aha! You're a lifesaver. I'm literally feeling waves of nostalgia looking at the old site before its untimely demise. Mickey's Madcap Circus can be found in Post #36 on the link Jokers posted. Thanks again!

Okay, so here's the general layout I'm thinking for our park, assuming we're going based around a central hub.

Main Street - South of Hub
Adventureland - Southeast of Hub
Frontierland - Northeast of Hub
Fantasyland - North of Hub
Chernabog Square - Northwest of Fantasyland
Hollywoodland - Northwest of Hub
Toon Town - North of Hollywoodland
Tomorrowland - Southwest of Hub

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Following this trend, perhaps our equivalent of Pooh could be a Robin Hood dark ride?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Hmm...not too sure about Robin Hood...Tony Baxter, when asked to design such a dark ride for WDW in his early career found the task impossible, unable to work with the film's characters and environments. As of now, here are our dark rides and their stateside equivalents:

1. Mary Poppins = Peter Pan's Flight
2. Adventures of Ichabod = Snow White's Scary Adventures
3. Sleeping Beauty = Pinocchio's Daring Journey
4. 101 Dalmatians = Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
5. Frozen = Alice in Wonderland
6. Beauty & the Beast = Ariel's Undersea Adventure
7. ??? = Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
8. Mickey's Madcap Circus = Pooh's Hunny Hunt

Flippin'Flounder

Aha! You're a lifesaver. I'm literally feeling waves of nostalgia looking at the old site before its untimely demise. Mickey's Madcap Circus can be found in Post #36 on the link Jokers posted. Thanks again!

Okay, so here's the general layout I'm thinking for our park, assuming we're going based around a central hub.

Main Street - South of Hub
Adventureland - Southwest of Hub
Frontierland - Northwest of Hub
Fantasyland - North of Hub
Chernabog Square - Northeast of Fantasyland
Hollywoodland - Northwest of Hub
Toon Town - North of Hollywoodland
Tomorrowland - Southeast of Hub
This is better

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Another idea! The Haunted Mansion, now located in Hollywoodland, will serve as a transition path between Chernabog Square and Hollywoodland, providing a perfect creepy transition, kind of like how Tokyo's Haunted Mansion serves as a transition between American Westernland and European Fantasyland.

So, what's wrong with flipping the format of the park?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Do I need a reason? It's fun just changing things up a bit. It wouldn't be confusing to those visiting a Disney park for the first time.

Flippin'Flounder

Do I need a reason? It's fun just changing things up a bit. It wouldn't be confusing to those visiting a Disney park for the first time.
But its not MY first time, oh well, I don't really care that much. I do like that you're making new dark rides instead of the same ones again, what would the "Under the Sea" style room be like in BatB?

TheKarnivalKid

Right now, I feel that Fantasyland is all over the place and needs some more unifying theming. To have 101 dalmatians England next to Frozen's Arendale next to Beauty and the Beast's France next to Mickey's Circus seems like a bit much. I think it would be better to go for a series of a few sub-lands and not a huge collection of separate stories.

Flippin'Flounder

Right now, I feel that Fantasyland is all over the place and needs some more unifying theming. To have 101 dalmatians England next to Frozen's Arendale next to Beauty and the Beast's France next to Mickey's Circus seems like a bit much. I think it would be better to go for a series of a few sub-lands and not a huge collection of separate stories.
I don't like sub-lands in fantasyland, having a bunch of fun rides is better IMO.

I was thinking BOG as well.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Be Our Guest, most likely.

Well, the thing is, Fantasyland has never really had one consistent unifying theme...it wasn't until Florida's massive overhaul that any Fantasyland receive sub-areas. Mickey's Circus would be off on its own, completely detached from the rest of the dark rides. Attached to the castle walls would be the four dark rides (Frozen and Beauty would be off elsewhere). 101 and Mary would be natural neighbors, both being set in England. Sleeping Beauty and Ichabod would be neighbors, reflecting their scarier elements.

Twilight_Roxas

The idea is good like its mirrored.

Disneyland Map order
--------------------------------
Main Street-South
Adventureland-Southwest
Frontierland-Northwest
New Orleans Square-Southwest
Critter Country-Northwest
Mickey's ToonTown-North
Fantasyland-North
Tomorrowland-Southeast

Disneyland Australia map order
--------------------------------------------
Main Street-South
Adventureland-Southeast
Frontierland-Northeast
Fantasyland-North
Chernabog Square-Northeast
Hollywoodland-Northwest
Mickey's ToonTown-North
Tomorrowland-Southwest

What do you think of it?

Brer Panther

If Robin Hood couldn't work for our Pooh equivalent, maybe we could have a Tangled dark ride instead? I also thought of a Princess and the Frog dark ride, but I'm not sure how well that would fit into Fantasyland...

For what it's worth, I designed a Robin Hood dark ride a long time ago... Though it wasn't so much a dark ride as it was a Splash Mountain ripoff without the water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom